Cool Warlock PVE spec

Hey guys,

Currently, I am using Destruction; however, I just started playing warlock. Used to playing hunter since WOTLK, so I was wondering what currently is the best combination of specs for TOT?

Demonology, and Destruction?
    Affliction,and Destruction?
    Affliction, and Demonology?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Personally I love Destruction, so I would go Destruction and Affliction. Demonology to me just doesn't feel right. Affliction is a good DoT spec and should provide a good brust of damage. I recommend looking at Noxxic.com. According to their site Destruction is top Warlock spec with Affliction next. Best of luck!

Well personally for me. From everything I have read on this forum. It would be Demo/Destro. The main reason I am saying to skip on Affli is because from the few things I have read, is that Affli won't pull ahead of the other specs until higher Ilvl like heroic ToT gear. (Just what I read last night) Also, I read that out of the 13 bosses in ToT, affli is only good for a few of them. Again, something I read last night. So just some food for thought. Personally, I am going to go Demo/Destro since I love playing Demo.

They're all decent if played right. Affliction is a little behind at lower gear levels, but catches up at normal ToT gear levels, and on single target fights it starts pulling ahead when you get more gear. Demo is the worst right now, unless you get Unerring Vision of Lei Shen. Destro is probably the all-around winner at lower gear levels.

But "worst" and "best" are not that far apart. It's not like some classes where it's a huge difference. IMO play what you like

10+ Year Old Account
    Like Herrenos said play what you like and enjoy all 3 specs are not far a part.

I'm currently playing Destro because it's really fun and I like to see those 400-600K CB !

Each fight in ToT is different on which spec will be better than another.

From an optimal DPS perspective, your spec of choice will change primarily based on whether or not you have the legendary meta gem, the secondary stats on your gear, your trinkets. Personally, I prefer Demonology as my main spec, with destruction for those irresistible Destro cheese fights (Horridon, Megaera, Primordius). Obviously, every spec is viable for each fight and it really depends on personal preference. Explore all 3 specs! Find which one feels the most natural.

Deleted
    the optimal specs is affliction and demonology bcoz they use the same secondary stats, so changing between them only gives you a minimal dps loss as destro tends to perform better with a heavy mastery build due to how the encounters are in ToT(if you dont do ToT normals and above it doesnt really matter) and changing between destro and afflic/demo will cause you to loose more dps, but tbh it doesnt really matter unless you're min/maxing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Demo affliction because they share similar stats and thus you won't lose too much dps swapping in b/w specs

For Demo aim at two haste plateau 1) 4717 hate 2) 8097 haste. Unless you can't reach that with gear/reforging i suggest stacking/gemming mastery and wait for better gear
    Essentially it is Haste to 8097 > Mastery > Crit

Destro has Haste=Crit>Mastery
    Affliction has Haste>>crit>mastery

personally i play demo/destro because i don't like the ramp up dps of affliction and Demo multi doting/cleave is stronger anyways on 4 targets (council, tortos, ji kun, twins, horridon) and better single target. And for fights where you need to burst aeo or require burst damage then those are better specs to do it as.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    Demo affliction because they share similar stats and thus you won't lose too much dps swapping in b/w specs

For Demo aim at two haste plateau 1) 4717 hate 2) 8097 haste. Unless you can't reach that with gear/reforging i suggest stacking/gemming mastery and wait for better gear
    Essentially it is Haste to 8097 > Mastery > Crit

personally i play demo/destro because i don't like the ramp up dps of affliction and Demo multi doting/cleave is stronger anyways on 4 targets (council, tortos, ji kun, twins, horridon) and better single target. And for fights where you need to burst aeo or require burst damage then those are better specs to do it as.
    Ramp up dps? Eh? You can have a full row of dots and haunt up in two globals.

Check out Sparkuggz - Method youtube channel for best warlock info (http://www.youtube.com/user/Sparkuggz)

will try Demonology, seems fun...

For Demo aim at two haste plateau 1) 4717
    Demonology does not aim for the 4717 Haste breakpoint because of how ToC refreshes Corruption. The breakpoint is 99% meaningless. Please don't spread false information.

Read the sticky at the top of the forums if you want to learn more about Demonology.

Since when has affliction favored crit over mastery? There's plenty of discussion about the relative merits of haste and mastery, but in any discussion I've ever read, crit is the ugly stepchild and is to be reforged out of in all cases.

Can't really say that I agree with that.
    Haste favours single target, more than crit and mastery, but when there's more than one target that value becomes incorrect
    And there's like 2 (?) single target fights in TOT.

Personally, I just ham as much mastery as possible, raid buffed I've got something like 16500.
    3 stacks of mastery on primodius and my FNB spells do more single target damage than un-fnb'd
    It's pretty hilarious!

I guess it's "personal" which stat you prefer
    Last edited by Deklol; 2013-05-02 at 07:35 AM.
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren

Deleted
    Well it kind of sucks having Demonology and Destruction, as I have too much haste for Destruction, but not enough for Demonology to feel smooth.

Sitting at like 6000 which isn't alot by a longshot, but too much for Destruction imho.
    Although 10000 mastery which rocks the socks in both specs.