Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

New class not possible to add?

Is there any new class that would be possible to add in game now?
    Now that we have an actual fistweaver (monk) i can't figure out anymore new class types. Most ideas i have seen thus far have been fusions of old classes like the famous demon hunter.
    Does warcraft lore have such a character whose fighting style differs from the rest enough?

I don't think so. Try to prove me wrong if you can. I would like to be wrong on this.

Demon hunter. Warden. Priestess of the moon.(Bow using spellcaster) Those are off the top of my head. As long as the game keeps going and there's expansions, there's probably going to be a lot more classes. At the same time, there might not be. I think there's going to be more.

If what youre looking for is a new class or spec based on a different style of doing damage or healing there isnt much. For dps we still dont have a throwing weapon based damage like Berserkers. Healing is pretty much covered. Maybe a spec that does healing through ranged spells that hit players since healing now has very few spell effects that show the heal travel to the recipient.

BTW the warlock and rogue classes are fusions of other classes and demon hunters not the other way around.

10+ Year Old Account
    Countless possibilities. New classes are always a way to keep the game fresh. Do they have to add one every expac? No not really, but on ocasion it will happen. You can be sure of that...

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Demon Hunter - Tinker - Spellbreaker - Just off the top of my head. But theres tons more.
    from what we've seen, a spellbreaker is just a blood elf protection warrior with spell reflection
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thraenduil View Post
    Is there any new class that would be possible to add in game now?
    Now that we have an actual fistweaver (monk) i can't figure out anymore new class types. Most ideas i have seen thus far have been fusions of old classes like the famous demon hunter.
    Does warcraft lore have such a character whose fighting style differs from the rest enough?

I don't think so. Try to prove me wrong if you can. I would like to be wrong on this.
    Yeah, the Tinker class; A class that uses machinery, gadgets, and inventions to fight with. There's no other class like that in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Yeah, the Tinker class; A class that uses machinery, gadgets, and inventions to fight with. There's no other class like that in the game.
    Except everyone who chose engineering.

Trouble is too many of those share substantial parts of their style/signature mechanics with already existing classes.
    Demon Hunters are a particularly good example.

Is there a constant need for more classes when the balance is getting worse with each addition.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Except everyone who chose engineering.

Trouble is too many of those share substantial parts of their style/signature mechanics with already existing classes.
    Demon Hunters are a particularly good example.

Is there a constant need for more classes when the balance is getting worse with each addition.
    Except none of the Tinker's abilities exist in engineering.

There's also a big difference between a crafting profession, and a class.

You know, i'd love a tinker class that got a bonus to engineering.
    engineer type classes are among my favorite class archetype. Could also give us a new class to use ranged weapons (Bows wouldn't make too much sense, but guns certainly do)
    tinkers were melee in wc3 but i think they oughta be ranged since we haven't had a new ranged class since the game came out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunterpower View Post
    You know, i'd love a tinker class that got a bonus to engineering.
    engineer type classes are among my favorite class archetype. Could also give us a new class to use ranged weapons (Bows wouldn't make too much sense, but guns certainly do)
    tinkers were melee in wc3 but i think they oughta be ranged since we haven't had a new ranged class since the game came out.
    Yeah, the Tinker hero from WC3 can be the tanking spec, and Blizzard can come up with the other 2 specs. Just like they did with Monks/Brewmasters.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thraenduil View Post
    You have a point, but then again, at this point - does uniqueness matter at all anymore? I mean all healer specs are practically identical, and play identically, as are all tank specs, all melee and all ranged are also getting more and more alike every expansion, save for one or a few gimmicks. I don't want to sound too cynical, I understand why the vgame has gone this direction, even though I regret it doing so, but honestly - why would a new class have to be more unique than any of the existing ones are at this point?

I have YET, in nearly eight years of gameplay, seen one "ZOMG NEW CLASS IDEA BLIZZ PLZ READ THIS" type thread where the idea(s) for the suggested class(es) would be adequately fleshed-out and expanted to accommodate the required three significant-and-distinct specs each class has. And the few who've tried inevitably have wound up so blatantly OP that they made the early-Wrath-release DK's seem like plush toys.
    "Let's see. There are monkeys that evolved into men and monkeys that didn't. Just as well, there are men that remained men and men that evolved into something else. Do you really think humans are the ultimate form of evolution? How arrogant."
    --Kakurine, Evil Zone for PS1

What they should have done was just make a epic quest where you could upgrade your character into a hero class

so say at level 75 you could choose to follow the path of darkness with a paladin to turn him/her into a death knight, or continue following the light to be a Grand Paladin/Crusader. Both Questlines start at level 75 and end at level 80. They cannot level you the entire way to those levels but can offer a bit of variance to questing

of course that is too late to do that now

15+ Year Old Account
    There's plenty of room for innovation.

Tinkers could be the first class that uses vehicles (ie: the Tinkers themselves are weak so when the vehicle gets destroyed they're in big trouble unless they find the time repair it). They could take inspiration from Mimiron and Spider Tanks etc. I'm working on a whole class concept to explain a little better though.
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

Tinker is one of my favorites as well, since we don't have mecha-using type in the game yet.
    But i thought i could correct myself a little too. Having a new class with all-new spell mechanics is not easy to do anymore. Dots, hots, stuns etc all work pretty much the same way but blizz can make them feel different with different classes.
    New class just needs to have few gimmicks of it's own to make it work. Like tinkers with iron man-like body armor and moveable turrets.
    Another i thought of is Shadow hunter who uses voodoo magic to deal ranged dps and healing. If you start to work from different source of power, new class will already feel fresh. Chi and runes are part of charm dk's and monks have over other classes.

10+ Year Old Account
    ranger, shadow hunter, demon hunter, necromancer, blade master, knight

Bard, cleric (melee oriented plate healer),

I would say demonhunter would work well simply because we need another ranged class that isn't reliant on spells.

needs to be like the d3 demonhunter though.

Though I love Necromancers and the idea of them having small armies of cannibalistic minions, dk's sort of already do it and even though those minions are semi cool from your perspective the rest of the group hates you for using them.
    Last edited by skrump; 2013-05-01 at 09:41 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    For me, the classes that are still missing are:

Regular classes:
    • Necromancer
    • Bard
    • Tinker

Hero Classes:
    • Demon Hunter
    • Dragonsworn

Possible new specializations of existing classes:
    • Battlemage (Mage)
    • Ranger (Hunter)
    • Stalker (Rogue)
    • Inquisitor (Priest)
    • Knight (Paladin)
    • Spellbreaker (Warrior)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Prokne View Post
    If what youre looking for is a new class or spec based on a different style of doing damage or healing there isnt much. For dps we still dont have a throwing weapon based damage like Berserkers. Healing is pretty much covered. Maybe a spec that does healing through ranged spells that hit players since healing now has very few spell effects that show the heal travel to the recipient.

BTW the warlock and rogue classes are fusions of other classes and demon hunters not the other way around.
    Actually a Demon hunter is a fusion of Warlock and Rogue, and maybe fury warrior.