Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Heroic Tortos as a chaotic lock

    So we started working on heroic tortos this week and I seem to be struggling with damage on turtles would like if some one would give me some tips or tricks to help maximize my dps on adds and boss as an affliction warlock. And or diff. spec.

  2. #2
    Mouseover SB:SS macro, for every fight ever.
    Turn off Vampiric Cave Bat nameplates so you can see turtles.

  3. #3
    1. Macro to get your crystal buff without dropping your present target.
    2. Glyph'd coex on your turtle, elements on the others
    3. SB:SoC on bats ONLY when your tank/kiter has threat and you are running low on shards.
    4. SB:SS alot keeping dots on the boss when possible.

    Soul leech, sac pact (use before stomps to keep crystal buff), KJC, sfury for emergency peels on your kiter.

  4. #4
    It would help if we knew what strat you are using for the fight. Are you kiting or killing bats? Are you responsable for slowing turtles (if you are the only lock you should be).

    Main priority is CoEx on the turtles, multidot turtles -> boss and if you are kiting bats SB:SoC on them periodically for tons of shard regen.

  5. #5
    Hey I'm in his raid group. We were starting with killing off the bats but then we realized we had about 0 uptime on the boss along with turtles still running around wild so we started kiting. We're probably going to keep trying kiting but I'd appreciate tips for if we're not kiting and actually killing bats as well. Thanks.

  6. #6
    RoF Bats
    Focus macro havoc Tortos, to cleave off one of the whirling turtles

    If your assignment is bats, use GoSup Observer on boss/bats FnB rotation. If it's turtles/tortos, GoSup Imp on Boss, then pet attack kill target FnB Imm bats, then back on boss.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Woz View Post
    Turn off Vampiric Cave Bat nameplates so you can see turtles.
    :O !!
    Why didn't I think of that!?

    Here's how I play it on Tortos HC (25):

    I am on slowing duty, every time a chunk of turtles spawn I cast SB:CoEx on them as they come out of Tortos. Sometimes they have a semi spread spawn, in which case you need to get them grouped up for this to work. A slowing trap or similar in front of Tortos gets that job done.
    Because of our tactic we nuke down one of the 3 turtles quickly and then the other two, because of this I have in by SB:CoEx macroed a skull mark. I try to keep them slowed for as long as they live, but sub 20% they spawn too quickly for me to keep slow on them. I have tried to convince our raid leader to hero at that point, but have failed to get the message through.. So sub 20% it's chaos for us as we quickly get overrun, in spite of our huge dps.

    In order to have shards enough to do this slowing + SB:SS dotting of turtles you need to get a SB:SoC off on the bats once they're picked up by the tank, remember you need to deal some damage to make the seed blow, so Agony and Corr on there (or even SB:SS).

    Have the crystal on focus or use a mouseover macro for quickly getting the shield back. Refreshing it as soon as it drops helps the healing alot. Use Sacrificial Pact too. Shadowfury for stunning the bats.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Woz View Post
    Mouseover SB:SS macro, for every fight ever.
    Turn off Vampiric Cave Bat nameplates so you can see turtles.
    I have lots of mouseover macros for destro but not a single one for affliction. Since I am fixing to go back to affliction soon I think that sounds like a great idea. My only question is why didn't I have one of these macros in t14? Now, how would a SB:SS mouseover macro look anyway? Would it be something like the following

    /cast soulburn
    /cast [@mouseover, harm, nodead] soul swap

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Banawani View Post
    RoF Bats
    Focus macro havoc Tortos, to cleave off one of the whirling turtles

    If your assignment is bats, use GoSup Observer on boss/bats FnB rotation. If it's turtles/tortos, GoSup Imp on Boss, then pet attack kill target FnB Imm bats, then back on boss.
    He's affliction.

  10. #10
    Make sure you have 2 shards left from the opener so you can slow all the turtles ( if that is your job ) and you can at least SB:SS the primary target. The first breath is the most dangerous one, just single target rotation the first turtle. Once the bats come down, every 15 seconds you will SB:SoC the bats, you will have infinite soul shards and you will be able to keep dots up on all turtles running and the boss really easily. After the first breath, the number of turtles income will be higher than the number you use to kick, so just keep dots up on everything and focus on boss unless the next wave of turtles is nearby and the other turtles are still high on hp.

    You can use this to make your life way easier: ( just make sure you are facing the crystal and not too far )

    #showtooltip Fel flame
    /target Humming Crystal
    /cast Fel flame
    /targetlasttarget

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatelocker View Post
    I have lots of mouseover macros for destro but not a single one for affliction. Since I am fixing to go back to affliction soon I think that sounds like a great idea. My only question is why didn't I have one of these macros in t14? Now, how would a SB:SS mouseover macro look anyway? Would it be something like the following

    /cast soulburn
    /cast [@mouseover, harm, nodead] soul swap
    Yes, that is correct.

  12. #12
    Using corruption in your humming crystal macro is MUCH better since you don't run the risk of the macro choosing a crystal behind you making you not actually get the debuff

  13. #13
    I use curse of the elements in my crystal macro as it has a shorter GCD.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatelocker View Post
    /cast soulburn
    /cast [@mouseover, harm, nodead] soul swap

    I have seen so many things since mop came out about mouse over macros... Yet i've never had an explanation on how they actually work. Im currently only progressing through normal atm, but im doing everything(which i thought was the right way) by just clicking on my targets then clicking buttons (i use bartender) could someone please explain how these macros work, they would improve my gameplay/dps dramatically if i used them myself.
    I play both destro/aff but im very close to going aff.. For the metagem, one i actually get it lol damn RNG

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by kataru View Post
    I have seen so many things since mop came out about mouse over macros... Yet i've never had an explanation on how they actually work. Im currently only progressing through normal atm, but im doing everything(which i thought was the right way) by just clicking on my targets then clicking buttons (i use bartender) could someone please explain how these macros work, they would improve my gameplay/dps dramatically if i used them myself.
    I play both destro/aff but im very close to going aff.. For the metagem, one i actually get it lol damn RNG
    It quite simply allows you to put your cursor over a mob and then cast that spell on it. For instance, if you are targeting the boss and there are several low health adds running around you can cast havoc on your current target (the boss) and then just put your cursor over 3 low health adds in a row and cash shadowburn once on each of them. In a perfect world, all 3 of those adds die, the boss got hit by shadowburn 3 times and u should now be full on embers. All this was done without changing your target which makes it much faster.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Woz View Post
    Using corruption in your humming crystal macro is MUCH better since you don't run the risk of the macro choosing a crystal behind you making you not actually get the debuff
    Do you not get the buff if you attack a crystal behind you? Also Corruption has no directional requirement.
    [IMGhttp://i.imgur.com/3HsjG6r.png[/IMG]

    It is better to have raided and wiped, then to never have raided at all.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Xandy View Post
    Do you not get the buff if you attack a crystal behind you? Also Corruption has no directional requirement.
    He's saying to use Corruption instead of Fel Flame because it's non-directional. If the macro targets a crystal behind you and you're using Fel Flame, it won't cast.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Livendula View Post
    He's saying to use Corruption instead of Fel Flame because it's non-directional. If the macro targets a crystal behind you and you're using Fel Flame, it won't cast.
    Oh I didn't see the post 2 up; yea never use Fel Flame for that due to the directional requirement, travel time and mana cost.
    [IMGhttp://i.imgur.com/3HsjG6r.png[/IMG]

    It is better to have raided and wiped, then to never have raided at all.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Livendula View Post
    He's saying to use Corruption instead of Fel Flame because it's non-directional. If the macro targets a crystal behind you and you're using Fel Flame, it won't cast.
    What dis guy said.

  20. #20
    Also using corruption for both crystals (tortos) and direhorn spirits (horridon). Besides the nondirectional component, corruption is cheaper than fel flame (3750 v 15000 mana) and has a chance to proc a shard via shadow trance (very unlikely but possible on crystals).

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •