Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
... LastLast
  1. #21
    Stood in the Fire Ralikon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    everywhere
    Posts
    442
    now you want to take fear away for spriests?

    lol what more do u want from them, seriously u need to rethink your point of view on fear.

    ---------- Post added 2013-05-01 at 12:38 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    Fear IS utilized for CC purposes only. Anyone attacking a feared target the moment it goes up needs their head checking unless they're popping their hard hitting abilities to make the most of it. Sure, you shouldn't be able to get glitched out of the world because of it, but that doesn't mean it needs removing or 'fixing' in other ways. Let's take a look at counters;

    - Druids and Warriors; Temporary fear immunity [and breaker]
    - Paladins; Bubble
    - Priests; Fear Ward
    - Locks; Singe Magic, Sacrificial Pact (a shield so not a breaker, but still a good spell to pop during a fear), Seduction autocast
    - DK's; Lichborne
    - Mages; Ice block
    - Forsaken; Will of the Forsaken
    - Humans; Every man for Himself

    So, basically, out of all that, pretty much everyone is covered (besides Shamans, I'm not sure if they've got anything to counter it and they can't be Undead or Human). However, everyone can get a trinket. Up to you if you use it for fear or not. Then there's also the likelyhood of there being a dispeller nearby in most PVP situations.

    It already breaks on low-ish damage. However, everyone who DOES attack during a fear (usually the lock) will be pushing their hard hitting abilities. It breaks on the first hit but the amount of damage dealt is much higher than that. People don't seem to comprehend this, and always scream "LOCK DID 35% OF MY HP IN A FEAR! NERF NAOW".

    Fear WAS ridiculous in Cataclysm, but it's not as bad now.

    Tremor totem
    Kickin Incredibly Dope Shit

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Senathor View Post
    Tbh I don't think anyone would care lol. Warlocks are just annoying atm. Affli has low overall damage and Destro defines Swifty. You got a Stargate SG1 portal that is the most annoying thing in the entire game ever. Ur sustained damage is often low but u just turtle around with ur 25 defensive abilities. I don't care if they're in a bad spot. They get like full crappy DoT's in one GCD. MoP destroyed Locks. They should be restored to how they use to be coz right now they're retarded.
    Aff is not a problem when you know how to play it. Throw in the legendary gem and it easily pulls ahead. The portal, while very situational, was paramount in the green fire questline to totally avoid any chaos bolts...it has the same effect anywhere else...but then again if you are having aggro issues your tank is doing something wrong or is afk. Aff has always been the king of sustained damage with demo and destro being the spiky ones...actually the only time it wasnt was late BC where the god awful SB spam took the reigns of most OP spec in the game.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    - Druids and Warriors; Temporary fear immunity [and breaker]
    - Paladins; Bubble
    - Priests; Fear Ward
    - Locks; Singe Magic, Sacrificial Pact (a shield so not a breaker, but still a good spell to pop during a fear), Seduction autocast
    - DK's; Lichborne
    - Mages; Ice block
    - Forsaken; Will of the Forsaken
    - Humans; Every man for Himself
    The problem with this list is they all have a much longer CD than Fear does.

    The second problem is more to do with human nature, we remember all the times that Fear doesn't break despite being completely hammered by multiple people, but don't recall the times it it breaks.

    The times where fear doesn't break despite getting destroyed, it is the single best CC in the game. Running around for 8 seconds while going from 100%-0% is better than anything any class can put out. It just doesn't happen as often as we think it does. On the Priest/Warlock side it's the exact opposite, they tend to remember all the times that their fear broke 1 second in due to some incidental splash damage from their DK team mate and got destroyed by it.

    Regardless of what anyone says about it being the best or worst CC in the game, it certainly is the buggiest.

  4. #24
    The Lightbringer Ermahgerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    3,233
    doesnt fear break if the taker takes more than 10% of its health?

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Terahertz View Post
    doesnt fear break if the taker takes more than 10% of its health?
    Sometimes, and it's supposed to (not sure about the exact percentage though) but plenty of times you can watch your health bar melt away while still running around in a full duration fear.

    I believe that is what the OP is most concerned about. The dropping through the world stuff is annoying (and pathing in general), but I'd hope that everyone would agree that that's just a bug.

  6. #26
    fear used to be godly in BC. they nerfed it into the ground and it has never recovered. fear bombing used to be a thing, and I haven't really touched my fear button in 5 years.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Sivick View Post
    fear used to be godly in BC. they nerfed it into the ground and it has never recovered. fear bombing used to be a thing, and I haven't really touched my fear button in 5 years.
    Then you are doing something very wrong.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post

    - Druids and Warriors; Temporary fear immunity [and breaker]
    - Paladins; Bubble
    - Priests; Fear Ward
    - Locks; Singe Magic, Sacrificial Pact (a shield so not a breaker, but still a good spell to pop during a fear), Seduction autocast
    - DK's; Lichborne
    - Mages; Ice block
    - Forsaken; Will of the Forsaken
    - Humans; Every man for Himself

    So, basically, out of all that, pretty much everyone is covered (besides Shamans, I'm not sure if they've got anything to counter it and they can't be Undead or Human). However, everyone can get a trinket. Up to you if you use it for fear or not. Then there's also the likelyhood of there being a dispeller nearby in most PVP situations..

    you've listed pretty much every ability that isn't a counter to fear and omitted the only one that arguably is. tremor's is part of why shamans are so overvalued compared to other healers right now.

    listing off abilities like this is pointless, just because you can potentially get out of fears in these ways dosn't mean you will be able to in an actual combat situation. most of these (such as bubble/iceblock) are on very long cooldowns and are defensive cooldowns rather than anti-cc cooldowns.

    its like saying "just LoS it" as a viable fix for hunter burst.


    fear is often used as a pseudo-stun to prevent actions during burst attempts rather than a pure cc the way poly is. i'm fairly sure it isn't supposed to work like that.

    i understand that many of the classes that utilize e fears are primarily dot classes who benefit from being able to apply their dots to a feared target without the fear breaking. but when i'm hit by devouring plague or chaos bolt for 30% of my hp and the fear still doesn't break i'm fairly sure there is somthing wrong.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

  9. #29
    I am Murloc! Korgoth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Barbaria
    Posts
    5,666
    The health threshold on most fear is way too dam high. Make the threshold the same on every fear ability, and something below 10% health.

    Fear is getting used during a kill CC chain, it shouldnt be.
    You, you'll regret what you have done this day, I will make you regret ever being born, you're going to wish you never left your mother's womb, where it was warm and safe and wet, I am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainbow!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=ep65rr-9qjQ Full Pilot Episode! Best thing to come out of Adult Swim!

  10. #30
    I agree on the breaking on damage part.
    Sheep/hex/fear/trap/blind/sap should all break on any damage (dot/aoe/auto attack/anything).
    As such they should also all require a glyph to remove any current dots/bleeds on the target.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorehowl View Post
    died to a warlock...TO THE FORUMSSSSSS


    also, your fix ideas are pretty bad seeing as fear is already pretty poo

    look at the OP's sig.. lol. clearly some amazing player who can't figure out how to get through 3 min cds.

    must be a legit gripe.

    ---------- Post added 2013-05-01 at 09:28 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    The health threshold on most fear is way too dam high. Make the threshold the same on every fear ability, and something below 10% health.

    Fear is getting used during a kill CC chain, it shouldnt be.
    health threshold for fear was publicly announced to be 10%. soooo? maybe garrote / shockwave / deep should break on dmg? most aff locks use howl because its meaningful cc..whats your plan for that kill chain, warrior?

    ---------- Post added 2013-05-01 at 09:29 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Ettan View Post
    I agree on the breaking on damage part.
    Sheep/hex/fear/trap/blind/sap should all break on any damage (dot/aoe/auto attack/anything).
    As such they should also all require a glyph to remove any current dots/bleeds on the target.
    worst idea in this thread full of awful ideas. break on dot + glyph to remove dots on feared targets when aff is already gimped.. k bro. do you play this game?

    ---------- Post added 2013-05-01 at 09:31 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Terahertz View Post
    doesnt fear break if the taker takes more than 10% of its health?
    yes. apparently though, i read psy-fiend fear is bugged.. probably the only exception.
    Last edited by Lulbalance; 2013-05-01 at 09:42 PM.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shahada View Post
    The devs aren't stupid.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post

    worst idea in this thread full of awful ideas. break on dot + glyph to remove dots on feared targets when aff is already gimped.. k bro. do you play this game?
    And? Its only fair.
    If afli then becomes useless in pvp then that is your problem. Not every class has the luxury of having 3 viable pvp specs.
    Blizzard has stated several times that they do not even aim at keeping all specs competitive. Making afli completely worthless in pvp is a necessary sacrifice to balance ccs. It is either that or make sheep/blind/hex/sap/trap also "break" on 10%.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Ettan View Post
    And? Its only fair.
    If afli then becomes useless in pvp then that is your problem. Not every class has the luxury of having 3 viable pvp specs.
    Blizzard has stated several times that they do not even aim at keeping all specs competitive. Making afli completely worthless in pvp is a necessary sacrifice to balance ccs. It is either that or make sheep/blind/hex/sap/trap also "break" on 10%.
    no it isnt. it's either 'that' or 'leave sh*t alone because it's fine now'.

    also.. you're saying 2 out of 3 specs for locks are glad viable? because that's what viable means. and they aren't. destro can work in 1 maybe 2 comps and that's because it's carried by another op damage class. demo.. is a fkn unicorn over 2.2 right now.. don't exist for a reason.
    Last edited by Lulbalance; 2013-05-01 at 09:56 PM.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shahada View Post
    The devs aren't stupid.

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post
    no it isnt. it's either 'that' or 'leave sh*t alone because it's fine now'.
    Off-course it is only fair, when all ccs work the same way. It cannot be anything but fair.
    That one of your 3 viable pvp specs then becomes useless has nothing to do with that whatsoever.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Ettan View Post
    Off-course it is only fair, when all ccs work the same way. It cannot be anything but fair.
    That one of your 3 viable pvp specs then becomes useless has nothing to do with that whatsoever.
    there's more to the game mechanics than cc.

    leveling all cc to the lowest common denominator will no manner make the game more 'fair'.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shahada View Post
    The devs aren't stupid.

  16. #36
    Funny how players have such different experiences with the same game. I find warlocks to be easy prey, just like last expansion. Fear is also nothing more than a minor annoyance to me, not something that really affects the outcome of a fight considering how quickly it breaks.

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Taros View Post
    Fear is already the weakest cc in the game.
    LOL ok you genuinely made me burst out in laughter, thank you.
    Think of the hubris it must take to yank a soul out of non existence into this... meat, to force a life into this... thresher. That"s... so my daughter, she spared me the sin of being a father. - Rust Cohle

  18. #38
    I am Murloc! Korgoth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Barbaria
    Posts
    5,666
    health threshold for fear was publicly announced to be 10%. soooo? maybe garrote / shockwave / deep should break on dmg? most aff locks use howl because its meaningful cc..whats your plan for that kill chain, warrior?
    If you want fear to have a 40s cooldown and a 4s duration I wont have a problem with it not breaking on damage.
    You, you'll regret what you have done this day, I will make you regret ever being born, you're going to wish you never left your mother's womb, where it was warm and safe and wet, I am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainbow!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=ep65rr-9qjQ Full Pilot Episode! Best thing to come out of Adult Swim!

  19. #39
    Titan Nixx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    ooo es eh
    Posts
    12,337
    Quote Originally Posted by Vathius View Post
    3) Obeys the laws of wow physics ie...you cant 'run' around underwater or fall through the world.
    Do you honestly think that's intentional? You can fall through the world or get to places you aren't supposed to doing any number of things. In all instances they are bugs with the design of the world.

  20. #40
    Fear is little better than an interrupt. It breaks if I look at someone I've feared.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •