Need help - Got back from long break

So long story short i stopped playing in mid cata and just came back and dinged 90 , what i need right now is the fastest way to getting to ~495 ilvl .Should i only spam hc and LFR or i need to do some dailies get repupation with some guys or whatsover?i have no knowledge of mop so any info would be awsum , thanks in advance

Edit : im a hunter for your info and not that rich ~10-15k gold
    Last edited by Drdraker; 2013-05-01 at 05:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do heroic dungeons until you can do MV LFR. Do MV LFR until you can HoF and ToES LFR. Do those until you can do ToT LFR. All the while you should be killing Sha of Anger, Galleon, Nalak, and Oondasta every week and using your Elder Charms and Mogu Runes for an extra chance at gear. Also, you could try to pug T14 normal modes when you're geared enough. Gear from HoF and Terrace can go a long way to your 495 goal.

10+ Year Old Account
    ^ What eh said, but in addition make sure u do the Troves of The Thunder King solo scenario for a lot of elder charms... they will double ur chance of loot in those raids both in LFr and normal... and it's so eazy to get 20 fast

thanks for quick answers , so i dont need to bother with dailies then?
    also how long what ACES said would take with lets say normal luck?

I can't help you seeing as how I'm in the same situation. I just started playing and heard that dailies were the thing to do. So I've been doing those all week along with Heroics. I finally got the iLvl to enter the first couple Raids but it was very unpleasant. I read a guide before going so I wouldn't be totally oblivious but had a bad experience at Elegon(sp?) when my frames per second was more like seconds-per-frame. Needless to say I never got off the platform in time. A giant portion of the WoW community could definitely use a nice spanking on the toosh, if you know what I'm saying!

Anyways from what I can gather Blizzard decided to gate the entire gearing process via dailies and reputations. I refuse to get PvP gear to enter the raid as my DPS is probably bad enough as it is, so I'm just going to assume it will take me months before I can ever enter the Throne of Thunder. I do hope I'm missing something here but don't have many friends that play anymore.

Overall I enjoyed the expansion and getting to 90 but my Rogue feels lackluster and the rep grind is already drying me out. I don't know if I want to continue playing at this point but would welcome anybody to shed more light on the situation to help OP and myself out. As well as anybody else in the same situation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drdraker View Post
    thanks for quick answers , so i dont need to bother with dailies then?
    also how long what ACES said would take with lets say normal luck?

Based on my own experience you're looking at a little over a month from fresh 90 to 495 ilvl. This obviously varies on how lucky you are, if you choose to buy gear (I did not), and how long you play. After T14 I rerolled as a Shadow Priest, hit 90 on 3/21 and as of today I have 498 ilvl. Good luck!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ACES View Post
    Do heroic dungeons until you can do MV LFR. Do MV LFR until you can HoF and ToES LFR. Do those until you can do ToT LFR. All the while you should be killing Sha of Anger, Galleon, Nalak, and Oondasta every week and using your Elder Charms and Mogu Runes for an extra chance at gear. Also, you could try to pug T14 normal modes when you're geared enough. Gear from HoF and Terrace can go a long way to your 495 goal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Denizly View Post
    ^ What eh said, but in addition make sure u do the Troves of The Thunder King solo scenario for a lot of elder charms... they will double ur chance of loot in those raids both in LFr and normal... and it's so eazy to get 20 fast
    Both of these are right on the money and exactly what I did with my Hunter on horde side.