Why will you not come back to MOP?

I think its in the best interest for Blizzard to hear it directly from the players why they are not returning to an expansion. So I will start a post here where ppl can post why.

My reason.

1. Lack of holy trinity quality content in MOP for more casual gameplay. As a healer - I feel Im beeing punished for playing that way considering all the content that is obviously balanced and created for DPS class. Special content for dps classes like Brawlers guild pushed me over the edge.
    2. Very poor LFR experience. Long Qs if your DPS - PPL not playing their strong spec and even Qing as something they can not play causing wipes. Just not acceptable.
    3. Lack of Dungeons in MOP. Lowest amount of dungeons in any expansion. Followed with no new ones the entire expansion.
    4. Extra 6 ilvl items based on RNG. As a long time raider - I know what this means in terms of extra troubles that can come up. Just not acceptable in my eyes. I quit my normal raiding group the day I heard this.
    5. Upgradable items Good idea but creates all sorts of issues - including players that want to play more than one role on their charater to be doomed as having lower ilvl than others that focus on one. Not good for the balance of the game and pushes more players away from tanking and healing cause so much of the game is based on DPS
    6. Dailies. Only good thing coming out of MOP in terms of dailies is that Blizzard can not go so lazy again and throw bad dailiy quests as fillers.
    7. Scenarios. Not quality co-op content based on holy trinity and simply lacks quality gameplay and strategy.

Basicly - the game has lost his holy trinity focus and balance. The result will end in less and less holy trinity players even bothering to play. Im right now playing Nevewinter as healer and having a blast in plenty of good dungeons.

And thats why Im not going back to MOP.

Why are you not going back ?
    Last edited by Duster505; 2013-05-01 at 12:57 PM.

Deleted
    Many people will not come back in MoP for various reasons , but they will play at the launch of the next expansion.

For someone that currently doesn't play , MoP looks really dumb. It doesn't give that epic feel like previous expansions (even cataclysm gave that impression of a really epic expansion...).

Deleted
    Wouldn't it make more sense to post this on Blizzard's forums?

Oooh and I just got back to WoW so I can't tell them why I'm not coming back because I just came back.

Because they broke trust with Wrath and Cata. I'm done with WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    It seems like the OPs complaints basically boil down to "Everyone is not as special a snowflake as I, there this game is poopie-caca.".

I will not come back to MoP because of people like this, who are in reality only marginally more useful in the raid environment thanks to their decent DPS, or their ability to taunt or spam a heal button. The bickering and time wasting that typically goes into their rants after the first wipe easily offsets any of those perks though.

Not saying you are one of those people OP, Just making a generalization to describe my issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Most close friends stopped playing so I stopped raiding and I'm not a huge fan of LFR. I dont do much besides mess around with xmog and farming old gear for fun so I let my account run out. Might reactivate sometime down the line but not in the foreseeable future.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebamama View Post
    Many people will not come back in MoP for various reasons , but they will play at the launch of the next expansion.

For someone that currently doesn't play , MoP looks really dumb. It doesn't give that epic feel like previous expansions (even cataclysm gave that impression of a really epic expansion...).
    I dont think ppl will be going back to next expansion considering the route MOP has taken. Blizzard might need to revert many things to get me back. And I can not see them admit they made mistakes like that and reverting things back.

10+ Year Old Account
    I came back into MoP, after 5 months of break. And i'm loving it... I can agree with you on some parts. Especially the LFR part, LFR needs some fixing..

70% of this reasons overlaps with reasons leaded me to quit MOP as soon as my annual pass ended.
    Sorry for my bad english.
    WOW Signature.(Warning! 10.9Mb gif animation!) MWO Signature.(Warning! 3.9Mb gif animation!)
    I think it's really easy and even attractive to people to daydream about worst case scenarios©Bashiok
    "No flying - no sub" Club "No tiers in LFR - no sub" Club

10+ Year Old Account
    Only one I agree with are lack of dungeons. I would add that they are far too easy as well.

The brawlers guild was an excellent addition, have you heard of dual spec?
    Last edited by Tekkommo; 2013-05-01 at 01:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    A: There is ONE Blizzard poster here and he's really not on often. So you'll need to throw this on their forums for it to get some attention, which it probably won't because people make a million of these silly posts a week.

B: Another hate post based on super opinionated ideas! *dissect*
    Quote Originally Posted by Duster505 View Post
    1. Lack of holy trinity quality content in MOP for more casual gameplay. As a healer - I feel Im beeing punished for playing that way considering all the content that is obviously balanced and created for DPS class. Special content for dps classes like Brawlers guild pushed me over the edge.
    Really? What are healers supposed to get? And what about tanks? The Brawler's Guild isn't really content; it's something fun on the side to do unrelated to any sort of major progression (PvE or PvP). The name alone denotes you'll need to fight something. Getting your panties in a knot just because there's not something just for you is kinda selfish.
    2. Very poor LFR experience. Long Qs if your DPS - PPL not playing their strong spec and even Qing as something they can not play causing wipes. Just not acceptable.
    Long queues if you're DPS has always been a thing and is nothing of Blizzard's fault. If you have three single doors, marked specifically for each role, and you have 10 people trying to get through the tank door, 10 through the healer door and 100 through the DPS door, which do you think will take longer to funnel people through? As for your second part, Blizzard can't fix stupid. That's what the vote kick is for.
    3. Lack of Dungeons in MOP. Lowest amount of dungeons in any expansion. Followed with no new ones the entire expansion.
    There's what? Two or three fewer? Do you have something against scenarios? They're practically the "new" dungeon and available without a trinity needed. They have a chance of loot, are faster and easier, and have a faster queue time.
    4. Extra 6 ilvl items based on RNG. As a long time raider - I know what this means in terms of extra troubles that can come up. Just not acceptable in my eyes.
    As a former raider of seven years, raiding is ALL ABOUT RNG. I don't even know what you mean by this point (as in what drops that +6 ilvl item, I don't raid anymore) but hell, your whole life is about RNG when it comes to loot. Why is something extra for an extra shot at loot a BAD thing?!

The holy trinity in WoW is far from lost. It's still needed in raiding and really, NONE of your points touch base or even relate to the idea of the holy trinity being faulty. So there's no basically about it, you're just upset the game isn't how YOU want it and so you decide to whine about it here.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    The points you have raised encompass many of my complaints with this expansion too, which have also resulted with me canceling my sub.

The main one though is the move away from dungeons to focus on scenarios. I am sorry, I don't find scenarios compelling at all.

Deleted
    Because of pandas and because it's a singleplayer game for 4 year olds now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why? By their very nature a tank or a healer isn't someone who can "brawl" with someone else. How could a "healing-only" fight even work? Stand there and spam flash heal until either they die of exhaustion or you run out of mana?

That's being fixed in this next patch. You can queue as a healer but pick dps as the gear to drop, if anything drops. Problem solved.

I like, and agree, with their explanation here. More LFR & scenarios along with more lore, dallies, and world bosses is a good trade-off for a dungeon or two

4. Extra 6 ilvl items based on RNG. As a long time raider - I know what this means in terms of extra troubles that can come up. Just not acceptable in my eyes. I quit my normal raiding group the day I heard this.
    What troubles? You're the first person I've ever heard of quitting raiding over the idea that thunderforged items were added. Really, you're only shooting yourself in the foot and your team. Not Blizzard

5. Upgradable items Good idea but creates all sorts of issues - including players that want to play more than one role on their charater to be doomed as having lower ilvl than others that focus on one. Not good for the balance of the game and pushes more players away from tanking and healing cause so much of the game is based on DPS
    They're fixing that by changing the cost to 250 instead of 750 per upgrade. Problem solved

6. Dailies. Only good thing coming out of MOP in terms of dailies is that Blizzard can not go so lazy again and throw bad dailiy quests as fillers.
    They're not fillers. Besides a huge part of the lore there is a ton more content in MoP than any previous expansion. There is pet battles. Scenarios. Challenge modes, LFR...and far more LFR's than in Cata, when it was introduced. World bosses. Rare mobs that drop awesome & fun stuff. A mount you can raise yourself! New tameable pets! And by the way, dailies are not mandatory! I barely do them anymore unless I feel the need for runes or want to see that unopened area or the quest that I've never seen before.

7. Scenarios. Not quality co-op content based on holy trinity and simply lacks quality gameplay and strategy.
    There are a few scenarios that can be difficult if the group doesn't have a healer or a tank, that is true. But they don't lack gameplay or strategy. They're quick, fun, and interesting stories that can be played out with 3 people of any spec and any class for a small reward for your time invested. They're perfect for the most casual of player AND a great way to introduce (as they did with IoT), semi-challenging questlines that are instanced for you to really feel immersed

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saitan View Post
    Because of pandas and because it's a singleplayer game for 4 year olds now.
    Pandas was in WoW long before Vanilla. You know that, right....

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Why? By their very nature a tank or a healer isn't someone who can "brawl" with someone else. How could a "healing-only" fight even work? Stand there and spam flash heal until either they die of exhaustion or you run out of mana?

That's being fixed in this next patch. You can queue as a healer but pick dps as the gear to drop, if anything drops. Problem solved.

I like, and agree, with their explanation here. More LFR & scenarios along with more lore, dallies, and world bosses is a good trade-off for a dungeon or two

What troubles? You're the first person I've ever heard of quitting raiding over the idea that thunderforged items were added. Really, you're only shooting yourself in the foot and your team. Not Blizzard

They're fixing that by changing the cost to 250 instead of 750 per upgrade. Problem solved

They're not fillers. Besides a huge part of the lore there is a ton more content in MoP than any previous expansion. There is pet battles. Scenarios. Challenge modes, LFR...and far more LFR's than in Cata, when it was introduced. World bosses. Rare mobs that drop awesome & fun stuff. A mount you can raise yourself! New tameable pets! And by the way, dailies are not mandatory! I barely do them anymore unless I feel the need for runes or want to see that unopened area or the quest that I've never seen before.

There are a few scenarios that can be difficult if the group doesn't have a healer or a tank, that is true. But they don't lack gameplay or strategy. They're quick, fun, and interesting stories that can be played out with 3 people of any spec and any class for a small reward for your time invested. They're perfect for the most casual of player AND a great way to introduce (as they did with IoT), semi-challenging questlines that are instanced for you to really feel immersed
    I did not post this here for mods or others to counteract my opinions. These are my opinions... and why I will not be coming back. It doesn't matter what others think.

And this topic is ment for ppl that want to give BLizzard feedback why they are not returning. Not for Mods or fanboys to argue if the ppl are right or wrong in how they feel. None of the points raised by the MOD actually fixes or solves any of the issues I talked about. 250 valor instead of 750 does not fix upgraded items. 6 extra item lvls based on RNG can cause players not to upgrade their gear with normal items and just wait for the best items. That slows normal guilds down if no1 is willing to upgrade their gear. That causes extra stress when guilds get stuck on a boss when no1 upgrades gear. This is well known going as back as Vanilla where ppl try to skip a tier and expect others to drag them along.
    Last edited by Duster505; 2013-05-01 at 01:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Games just to tough now. It's hard to play an MMO like WoW these days..

.. kakakakakakakaka

Deleted
    I did not post this here for mods or others to counteract my opinions. These are my opinions... and why I will not be coming back. It doesn't matter what others think.

And this topic is ment for ppl that want to give BLizzard feedback why they are not returning. Not for Mods or fanboys to argue if the ppl are right or wrong in how they feel.
    and why do you think that blizzard will see this thread on a site they probably never or rarely visit? if you make a public thread like this, you should expect others to not just agree, but also disagree with you, that's the point of different opinions

I can explain why I have not come back in a single number:

The most insulting patch for the Alliance ever released. I feel obligated to not resubscribe simply because if I did, I'd be supporting this garbage, but even so it looks extremely boring, especially from our side. I may return in 5.4. I may not return until the next expansion. If Blizzard keeps this up, I may not return at all. I'm really getting tired of Blizzard jerking the Alliance around while they focus and obsess over Horde stories and their heroes and villains.

10+ Year Old Account

And this topic is ment for ppl that want to give BLizzard feedback why they are not returning. Not for Mods or fanboys to argue if the ppl are right or wrong in how they feel. None of the points raised by the MOD actually fixes or solves any of the issues I talked about. 250 valor instead of 750 does not fix upgraded items. 6 extra item lvls based on RNG can cause players not to upgrade their gear with normal items and just wait for the best items. That slows normal guilds down if no1 is willing to upgrade their gear. That causes extra stress when guilds get stuck on a boss when no1 upgrades gear. This is well known going as back as Vanilla where ppl try to skip a tier and expect others to drag them along.
    Unfortunately I have to close this thread, then. I Quit threads are not allowed here as there is nothing to discuss.