Page 1 of 2
LastLast

The most logical Hero Class

Not really..."most logical" is just the term I used to draw you in, it should read "What I think should be the next" but anyhow The first new class of course was the Death Knight a Plate class, and then a Monk; Leather. I feel like Shadow Hunter could be the next most viable class. I hear a lot of people screaming for Demon hunters but to my knowledge that would be a leather class, most certainly not cloth. The Shadow Hunter would be a Mail wearing ranged physical class (like a normal Hunter but sans a controllable pet) but would use ranged weapons like glaives shuriken and the like. I don't feel it would be viable to give them a tank spec, so most likely a ranged physical, a healing class, and maybe perhaps a second healing spec? That would be only the second class to have two healing trees. You got a lot to work with...totems, lots of lore, big bad voodoo (omg yes please), and much more. I had a lot more ideas but my posts rarely get read.
    Last edited by Damasscus; 2013-05-01 at 03:47 AM. Reason: minor spelling

monk is not a hero class.

most demon hunter NPCs wear cloth kilts.

shadow hunter = uber powerful troll shaman

tinker is a logic choice for the next class (hero or not) because they could wear mail armor and ranged weapons and still be pretty different from hunters.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Interesting idea, but Shadow Hunters are more commonly (or even exclusevely) a Troll class... And it's not a class that you can teach the other races (aka Monk from the Pandaren), since it's more of a traditional Troll role.

I think that would probably be the biggest problem imo, but I like the class a lot. We really need another Physical-Ranged class to share Hunter shit (and maybe even introducing Throwing Weapons again - like spears from headhunters, if Shadow Hunters were the case).

Anyway, I think of Shadow hunters as a elite Troll shaman + hunter influences (from living in the jungle and surviving), so I don't really see it happening. Good idea tho!
    "Ah... you have learned much... and learned well... an honorable battle.
    In the end, I stood by the warchief, because it was my duty, and I am glad that it was you who struck me down.
    May your strength... lead the horde... into a new era of prosperity..."

-General Nazgrim

inb4 "tinker is engineering"

a tinker is to engineering what a mage is to enchanting or a death knight is to inscription.

the tinker uses technology, engineering works with technology, a mage uses arcane magic, enchanting works with arcane magic, death knights use runes, inscription works with runes, et cetera.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Agreed about the "Troll" class thing, but with Vol'jin taking a more active role in the Horde possibly more...This is a PERFECT tie in to spreading the ways of the Shadow Hunter as he is the most famous one...oh and Captain Buzzkillington up there, aka "checking facts" take your crap somewhere else. I know Monks aren't a hero class, I never said Monk was a hero class I said "the first new class was..." and show me a link to a Demon Hunter's "cloth kilt"...oh you can't? thought so. And Tinker is just STUPID.

---------- Post added 2013-05-01 at 03:57 AM ----------

okay, saw your second post...thought you were trolling me. I apologize. i still love you

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Damasscus View Post
    Agreed about the "Troll" class thing, but with Vol'jin taking a more active role in the Horde possibly more...This is a PERFECT tie in to spreading the ways of the Shadow Hunter as he is the most famous one...oh and Captain Buzzkillington up there, aka "checking facts" take your crap somewhere else. I know Monks aren't a hero class, I never said Monk was a hero class I said "the first new class was..." and show me a link to a Demon Hunter's "cloth kilt"...oh you can't? thought so. And Tinker is just STUPID.

---------- Post added 2013-05-01 at 03:57 AM ----------

okay, saw your second post...thought you were trolling me. I apologize. i still love you
    Tinker is amazing! That guy with the panda avatar that I always forget the name made a STUNNING thread on a Tinker concept. Read it, you'll change your mind. The way he managed to fill the "WE WANT GUNZLINGER SPEC FOR HUNTARDSZX" and the Mail/2nd Physical-Ranged class is perfect!

I can't find a way to get them introduced in the game right now... Getting it along with the goblin race introduction would be good, but they were already introduced in Cata.... Idk man, I still find the tinker class fun and I would definetely role one!!
    In the end, I stood by the warchief, because it was my duty, and I am glad that it was you who struck me down.

-General Nazgrim

I actually agree with the tinker idea, I've seen it done well in many games (and bad in just as many), and it's not a bad idea at all. But I 100% believe they would do a Shadow Hunter before a Tinker. There is just not enough lore to support it. Logically it works, but it's Blizzard...I think everyone is afraid SH would just be another Shaman, but Blizz is actually pretty good at differentiating classes from one another. So I don't worry that they will feel like overpowered Shaman. Just like DKs can be summed up as Melee Warrior/Locks (even though they are much more than that) A Shadow Hunter would be a Ranged Hunter/Lock cause curses, voodoo, totems...I don't think having totems makes you enough like a Shaman to call it a Shaman type class, especially since totems have taken a backseat role this expansion

Quote Originally Posted by Sonridor View Post
    Anyway, I think of Shadow hunters as a elite Troll shaman + hunter influences (from living in the jungle and surviving), so I don't really see it happening. Good idea tho!
    A shadow hunter is a voodoo shaman that uses dark powers of nature. Examples are Hex Lord Malcrass in ZA or High Priestess in the Council of Elders in ToT when she is empowered. Its more of a potential shaman 4th spec than a class and could really be any race even though it fits best with trolls.

A WC3 demon hunter is the most logical hero class. Its very popular and would require a specific training area like death knights have. I doubt there will be another hero class, its more likely any new class will start from lvl 1 like monks.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you want to play a Shadow Hunter, roll a Troll Shaman. Its fundamentally the same thing. The only thing you'd be missing is that throwing weapon and Big Bad Voodoo.

The next logical class are Tinkers. Blizzard may go a different route, but Tinkers are original, and fill the mail/ranged weapon void better than any other class concept. Perhaps most importantly, their abilities aren't controlled by any other class in the game, unlike Demon Hunters.

---------- Post added 2013-05-01 at 05:11 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sonridor View Post
    Tinker is amazing! That guy with the panda avatar that I always forget the name made a STUNNING thread on a Tinker concept. Read it, you'll change your mind. The way he managed to fill the "WE WANT GUNZLINGER SPEC FOR HUNTARDSZX" and the Mail/2nd Physical-Ranged class is perfect!
    That would be me. Thanks for the kind words. I'm glad you enjoyed the concept.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If you want to play a Shadow Hunter, roll a Troll Shaman. Its fundamentally the same thing. The only thing you'd be missing is that throwing weapon and Big Bad Voodoo.

The next logical class are Tinkers. Blizzard may go a different route, but Tinkers are original, and fill the mail/ranged weapon void better than any other class concept. Perhaps most importantly, their abilities aren't controlled by any other class in the game, unlike Demon Hunters.

---------- Post added 2013-05-01 at 05:11 AM ----------

That would be me. Thanks for the kind words. I'm glad you enjoyed the concept.
    Yes! You! Haha

Anyway, I agree. Eventhough I fear for Tinker as a class for the lack of context to insert it like DK and Monks had, I really want the class to be implemented.

-General Nazgrim

Demon Hunter makes the most sense Lore-wise. Demon Hunters are almost completely necessary for battling the legion. I see a more predominant role for Blood Elves and Night Elves in the coming expansions. With Maiev leaving the Night Elves, and her deep history with Illidan, as well as Azshara and Xavius' ties with N'zoth, and Loth'remar showing some serious leadership qualities, Demon Hunters could definitely be a thing.

However, as much as they are important to battling the Burning Legion, they might just not fit into the game design for playable classes. They'd have to be a Pure DPS class, since they are wildly violent in their methods of combat, and I just don't see Blizzard tacking on another pure role class.

To be honest, with the current array of classes, we have no real need for anything else. As much as I'd like to be like Illidan, I'd say we may not ever get a new class. And that's not a bad thing.
    Thanks to Duskmoon for the awesome Sig/Avatar/Banner!

Lore wise it would be DH that is the most logical for Legion xpac but mechanic wise I am not sure.

I think a logical step would be an engineer class with turrets and stuff like that. Probably the most different thing we will be able to get out of a class as well as still being able to fit into the universe
    Last edited by Bluey111; 2013-05-01 at 06:57 AM.

Deleted
    I think that the most logical path is no more classes.

Deleted
    Logicmancer

Specializations:

Hawking - DPS spec. You drop supermassive black holes, dealing galactic damage.
    Dawkins - Healing/Support spec. You help your allies by doing nothing. The strongest will survive as evolution demands.
    Kasparov - Tanking specs. You focus the fury of your enemies on you by inviting them to chess matches.

Skills:
    - Argument bolt - through an argument at your enemy, dealing instant Natural Science damage and puts a shadow dot on your enemy (Doubt) that makes them doubt their beliefs.
    - Math - casts a long equation on your enemy, deeling massive frost damage to their mind.
    - Thesis - finish off opponents who are below 20% hp, by focing them to write a thesis
    - IQ test - incapacitates your target for 30 seconds, making them busy while solving the IQ test
    - Optimization - 30 sec duration, 5 min cooldown buff. Optimizes your character by removing all unnecessary sparky feathers, skulls, coins, branches or whatever other crap you have on your character, increasing your attack speed from the decreased weight by 15%

Weapons: ruler and calculator
    Armor: hazard suit

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it'd probably be Demon Hunter, given that we know another Burning Legion expansion is coming, even if it's not the next one.

Still, I'd like to see a Support class introduced, like in Rift. I really enjoyed playing a Bard, with the focus on maintaining short-term buffs/debuffs while also contributing a little DPS and healing. Runemaster would be able to fit this pretty nicely IMO, but I also think it's a bit too obscure of a class for them to implement. I also know they're hesitant to add in another new class, because of all the balance issues created when they introduced Monks (and a straight-support class or spec would further complicate things).
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    Didn't help that he had Sky Admiral Warcrimes McEvillaugh flying his airship for him.
    hi im tydrane from dranasuss

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    What does the game need?

Short of redoing the loot system, then the basic premise would likely be to create a class to even out the rewards.

What's needed?

INT Plate has 1 spec
    INT Mail could use some competition
    The game has only 2 mail classes
    Not much call for daggers either but multiple specs use them.
    Need more competition for physical weaponry.

Solutions:
    Rets, Protadins and/or Unholy could be redesigned around INT plate.
    The gear system could be streamlined so INT, AGI, STR are added to a piece of gear rather than coming with it.
    The game adds new classes or specs to make better use of and create more demand for such gear

A new class...assuming Blizzard sticks to this reasoning...would likely be mail, perhaps using INT exclusively but at least in one role, have a physical ranged DPS spec and would likely be some form of hybrid.

What would fit? Got me.

Shadow Hunters strike me as being very similar to Hunters.
    I can't see Demon Hunters as too likely.
    Tinkers...might work but I'm not sure the concept has enough clout.

EJL

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Damasscus View Post
    and show me a link to a Demon Hunter's "cloth kilt"...oh you can't? thought so. And Tinker is just STUPID.
    Google image world of warcraft demon hunter, almost all of them are shirtless with a cloth kilt and they dual wield warglaives.

Blizz adds in classes and races that relate to the expac, they go with lore and not what's missing mechanically. It'll most likely be Demon Hunters.

They could go with something new, but logically I think demon hunters make the most sense for being so popular and such an integral part of Warcraft's major lore. Everyone is dying to learn more about what they are or they just hate them for being popular, but they would generate the most buzz with former players who've since left the game.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW