Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I think you're making a major mistake in trying to guess things like this based on niches in armor type or weapon type etc that are not yet filled. Blizzard goes with what seems cool and fun and exciting and as they've said specifically considering hero classes, with what seems appropriate for the lore of the expansion. Which is why they've done 2 melee classes in a row when everyone said the class after DKs could never be melee because melee had already been done.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

Deleted
    With Demon hunter not being viable due to their abilities being distributed between lock and rogues, how about a hero class that either class can enter at said lvl to learn the 'other half' and turn into a demon hunter?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post
    I think you're making a major mistake in trying to guess things like this based on niches in armor type or weapon type etc that are not yet filled. Blizzard goes with what seems cool and fun and exciting and as they've said specifically considering hero classes, with what seems appropriate for the lore of the expansion. Which is why they've done 2 melee classes in a row when everyone said the class after DKs could never be melee because melee had already been done.
    I disagree. Clearly we're seeing a pattern here where blizzard is filling out the armor sets, and filling out archetypes that their WC3 heroes can provide. For example, DKs filled a much needed niche of the evil knight, and of the ever popular necromancer. It also provided the third class to wear plate armor.

Monks filled the niche of the martial arts/unarmed fighter archetype. They filled out the leather armor set, and even provided the much needed alternative tri-spec that Paladins and Druids had enjoyed since TBC.

The next class also needs to fill the holes currently present in terms of class balance. Mail armor is missing a third user, and hunters get an entire class of weapons all to themselves. In addition, blizzard used WC3 heroes for inspiration. There aren't many hero units left that have abilities that aren't being utilized by current classes. The only ones left are the Tinker and the Alchemist.

Draw your own conclusions. However, logic appears to point in only one direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Damasscus View Post
    oh and Captain Buzzkillington up there, aka "checking facts" take your crap somewhere else. I know Monks aren't a hero class, I never said Monk was a hero class I said "the first new class was..." and show me a link to a Demon Hunter's "cloth kilt"...oh you can't? thought so. And Tinker is just STUPID.
    1 - I take my crap on the toilet
    2 - the thread title was about "hero classes" and you mentioned the monk. logic dictates you were treating the monk as a hero class.
    3 - - this is a cloth-only texture on their kilts. I dare you to find a leather piece with that texture
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.