Capacitive Primal Diamond for elemental shamans?

Friend of mine told me he saw 1 elemental shaman with insane damage using Capacitive Primal Diamond and the lightning procs was doing about 10% of his damage.
    Can anyone shed some light on this? does it works for caster? is it really that good for elemental? from the little i've searched, the legendary meta for ele shamans aren't that better than the Burning one so, it worth a shot i guess.
    English is my 3rd language. please do fogive any mistakes.
    Elemental Shaman Guild Master of Exile, Azralon - US

Seems kinda sketchy seeing Capacitance is gained via melee or ranged attacks, not spells. But I'm no expert so what do I know, just sounds like a bad idea to me for Elemental to use a gem that requires melee/ranged hits.

Deleted
    The spellcaster legendary meta gem is 8% better then the burning diamond IIRC, the meele meta shouldn't work with elementals, you sure he didn't see "lightning strike"? Which is our 2p bonus

not sure, thats why i have doubts about it, does it even proc on spells since its a ranged / melee strikes? i wasn't on the raid that they saw this ele shaman and they told me he was using the capacitive gem, which was very odd, and i couldn't find more info anywhere, thats why i started this thread

10+ Year Old Account
    I spent the 10 primal diamonds to swap back and forth an hour ago, and after a 15m session I never saw a capacitance proc when I was casting spells, nor did the fire/earth elemental or magma/searing totem cause a single proc. The only time when I got a few stacks was when I was actually meleeing the dummy, which caused a few funny whispers from people standing nearby.

Deleted
    Your friend probably saw an ele shaman on some AoE-packs spamming chain lightning, and he had t15 2pc which is quite insane for CL and gives around 10% of your damage, and has same name as physical dps meta.

Ranged attacks=hunters

For the most part.

the legendary meta that procs 30% haste is AMAZING, ever since the hotfix i can notice the difference i'm easily getting 30-40% uptime on every fight.

at times it can proc 5 times in a row without dropping off, coupled with hc BotH triple proccing, i was pulling 292k single target no ascendance for that duration, ascendance was on CD due to a wipe before, then after all those procs dropped off ascendance was ready.....my dps actually went down cause meta gem + trinket > ascendance.

Eh, thnx for the repplys and sry about the diamonds Zenga, thnx for actually doing the test

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WindFurie View Post
    Eh, thnx for the repplys and sry about the diamonds Zenga, thnx for actually doing the test
    Hahaha no worries, I was actually wondering if it worked myself last week.