Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Proto-drake question.

I have 4 drakes, Black, Bronze, Albino, and Onyxian. I however do not have a single proto-drake, so i was wondering which one takes the least amount of time (solo) to get at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue The Shaman View Post
    I have 4 drakes, Black, Bronze, Albino, and Onyxian. I however do not have a single proto-drake, so i was wondering which one takes the least amount of time (solo) to get at this point.
    green probably

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Deleted
    I'd think the red one. Or get a group together for Ulduar.

Blue, green and bronze are rare drops, so they are probably the easiest, but might take a while to get.'

EDIT: derp, just read solo. Forgot what I said.

Blue + Time-Lost Proto Drake if you are lucky enough! Ulduar AV drakes are very easy to get without any luck, you can also look at the BMAH to eventually buy one if you have gold, AV Drake is quite easy to get aswell but you can't do it solo, and the Green one with Oracles Reputation, pretty easy too.

Is TLPD still farmed all to hell?

Yeah now with cross servers it's even worse it sucks trying to farm rares.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Is TLPD still farmed all to hell?
    Probably. And with CRZ, it's likely gotten worse.
    Moorden (Main)

Deleted
    I'd say the Rusted Proto-Drake from Glory of the Ulduar Raider (10 player) since you can easily complete it with two or three man in 1-2 hours. Same applies to the Ironbound Proto-Drake from the 25 player version of the achievement, except you maybe need a few people more.
    You could also visit Utgard Pinnacle and try to get the Blue proto drake but it has a drop chance of just 1,5%, so you need to be lucky there. Finally you could check out Stormpeaks and try to kill the rare Time-lost-proto-drake, but thanks to CRZ there are quite a lot of people camping for him there.

Quick question to answer your question.

Why oh why would you want a proto if you have the Onyxian Drake?! Hell i have the plagued proto which you can't get anymore but I'd trade it for that!

Red, Rusted, and Ironbound are the easiest to get since they are not subject to RNG. Instead they are received from Glory of the Hero, Glory of the Ulduar Raider(10), and Glory of the Ulduar Raider(25) respectively.
    Last edited by CrazyEyez315; 2013-05-01 at 12:11 PM.

Because I'm sick of the way they look. Theyr'e like egg-shaped in the wings.

Also would it be best to bring on of my 90's, or can i bring my DK(81) (FOR BLUE) cuz i'm lovin him ATM

Define easy? I would have said the Red Proto from the Wrath HC dungeon meta was the easiest, with only the Occulus run repeating.

Check out the "Glory of the Hero" achievement.

I got lucky with my Green, but RNG ain't easy.

10+ Year Old Account
    considering green proto is a rare drop from an egg that requires revered reputation (with no tabard to boost rep), also the egg only hatches after 3 days (real time)

as obtaining one is a mixture of RNG, daily grind and waiting, i wouldnt say its the easiest one to get (blue proto is probably easier since its just rng and a 1 day wait for Utgarde Pinnacle heroic reset)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

Glory of the Hero is for Red correct?

Glory of the Hero is for Red correct?
    Yeah it is (have to make this 10)

Deleted
    i know you said solo, but if you get 4 people you can get red proto drake very easily, porbably even solo most of the achievements, me and my friend 2 manned most of the red protodrake achievements at 85. you could solo utgarde pinnacle each day and hope for blue drake, but its pretty rare drop.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Easiest to get Blue or Green most RNG dependend though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr-Per View Post
    I'd think the red one. Or get a group together for Ulduar.

Blue, green and bronze are rare drops, so they are probably the easiest, but might take a while to get.'

EDIT: derp, just read solo. Forgot what I said.
    Green is from the oracle egg... whats easier than buying the egg and waiting for it to hatch?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Blue. Took me 4 Runs to get it. But you have to do it on heroic and do Skadi in 3 minutes(Which is easy at level 90)

Egg, been buying them since Wrath and never gotten the Green Proto :/

Talk about bad luck eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Green is from the oracle egg... whats easier than buying the egg and waiting for it to hatch?
    Because you will never* see it.

You can solo most, if not all, of the Glory of the Hero achievements. Oculus will take three days to do all the achievements.