[Ret PVP] Anyone tried Ret on PTR ?

Hi,

Did anyone try and " feel the difference " with our 15 % -> 30 % upgrade on the PTR ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Strear View Post
    Hi,

Did anyone try and " feel the difference " with our 15 % -> 30 % upgrade on the PTR ?
    Doubt anybody is even going to feel a difference when it goes live, with the changes to Pvp power I wouldnt be surprised if our damage was lower but then so will everyone elses

10+ Year Old Account
    You won't notice it, with the exception to PvE. In PvP, weapon damage gets mitigated a lot, that our 15% buff will feel like a 1.5% buff. I've been playing with the Ret T15 4 set bonus, and feel that having it integrated into Ret in 5.4 would go a long way for PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    You won't notice it, with the exception to PvE. In PvP, weapon damage gets mitigated a lot, that our 15% buff will feel like a 1.5% buff. I've been playing with the Ret T15 4 set bonus, and feel that having it integrated into Ret in 5.4 would go a long way for PvP.
    Given enough time, that seems to be the MO. Insert game-changing set bonus for ret. Nerf class around set bonus. Wait 1 tier. Make set bonus baseline and call it a buff. Repeat ad nauseum.

Who needs actual buffs and game development when you can just recycle old items and hand-me-downs from other classes/spec's and let Ret tread water in mediocrity?
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
    Given enough time, that seems to be the MO. Insert game-changing set bonus for ret. Nerf class around set bonus. Wait 1 tier. Make set bonus baseline and call it a buff. Repeat ad nauseum.

Who needs actual buffs and game development when you can just recycle old items and hand-me-downs from other classes/spec's and let Ret tread water in mediocrity?
    The reason I'm in favor of having the T15 4set as part of Ret is because it does a lot to increase our damage outside of cool downs. It also doesn't bump up our damage when using cool downs. Either using Holy Avenger or Sanctified Wrath, makes it hard to make this just constant burst.