Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Shadow Stalker Class (fanmade) with some Alliance version Lore

Illidan will be resurrected his body and his soul will return once more on Azeroth. But not as a good guy, like HERO that will save night elven Society and world from Burning Legion. No he will be Weapon for Legion. Sargeras will offer him a great power to fulfill his will and promises even more if he succeeds in weakening Races of Azeroth and opens portal for him to Destroy Planet. Power-obsessed Illidan will accept the gift and become Leader of invasion of Burning Legion on Azeroth. He will be our final target for next expansion. Night elves will gather elite group with Tyrande and Malfurions leadership and go to Talk to Illidan, as Tyrande still believes he can be saved. But when they arrive there they will find him completely mad from Fel energy and in answer Illidan will Attempt to kill Night elven Sentinels and druids. In the Fight malfurion will be wounded by Illidan. After realizing that there is no stopping of Illidan that They need an expert/elite team and people who know Illidan very well (his strength and Flaws).

When they get in Darnassus Malfurion talks to Tyrande about Maiev. Begs her to find her, despite what she has done to him, and try to negotiate with her, because only she is capable to slay Illidan. Tyrande calls Heroes of Azeroth to find Maiev. There will be scenario where we come across Maiev in Felwood, Shrine of the Deceiver Barrow Dens with some bend of Night elves and Broken. Where you fight her. In the end she stops (realizing it is usless to fight ). Tyrande tells her about Illidan. Shocked Maiev grasps in disbelief, but later Pleasure and joy, that her hunt will continue, masters her. She tells Tyrande that she will help them but Maiev will be Co-ruler of Night Elves and that she will again be Leader of Watchers and continue to train new generation. Tyrande agrees on it and thats how Maiev returns in Darnassus. But Maiev agrees to be "healed" from her mental wounds by Priestess and Druids.

With Maievs return she brings new Class with her calls them Shadow Stalkers, a class similar to Wardens in combat.
    Armor Type - Mail (might be plate too)
    Weapons - Daggers, Dual wield (Swords, maces), Polearms and Umbra Crescent
    Ranged and Melee dps and Tanking specs.

Shadow Stalkers (Wardens) use thei throwing knives expertly that allows them to be good in Ranged combat, if they Target comes closer they can use expert traps to stop enemy (Maiev Shadowsong uses traps in Wolfheart) unlike hunters they use them in short distance and only paralyze them. Also they use Heavy damage skills using small bombs of Poison and also to distract enemy. (it will appear only in skills not as weapon type). They use blinks on very short distance but have little cooldown and are hard to catch.

Another spec that uses some Range skills (mostly for fight starting). They can start encounter with Glaives and for Melee they use Umbra Crescent (or dual wield). Unlike rogues they are slow in attacks but same flexibility. Using shadow magic to slow and debuff target cause them to sunder armor and diminish their attacks/healing. They serve to be good foe dispatchers. They use their skills to empower damage but risk to be easy targets (increase damage received).

And final spec will be Tanking, Like DK-s and monks they wont use shields. Mainly useing Polearms and Umbra Crescent they use weapons to parry enemies attacks and Blinking moves to dodge them (Defensive skill). They use shadow magic to guard themselves. In case of extremity they spawn a great Shadow (in WC 3 it was called Vengeance ) that embodies them and takes part of damage to itself but Shadow Stalker loses damage as Vengance grows weak (dies) and when it dies they return to normal condition.

Tyrande convinces Maiev to send her loyalties (Broken) to Horde and inform that Illidan is back and with that act Shadow Stalkers are introduced to Horde. When Broken arrives in Orgrimmar they find that Horde is already aware of Burning Legions plans.

I Hope Burning Legion Epxansion will be focused around Night elves and we will see them Awaken once more. We will the the ferocity and Bravery they had in WC3.

As for Horde I guess Orcs once more will play big role on defeating Legion and make their Redemption by it !

EDIT : Not shadow stalkers because it is associated with Rogeus. As their concept for concept for all things is Justice, it would be better to call them Justicars.

Interesting facts about Wardens
    "The night elf, Cordana Felsong steps from the shadows as if emerging from a dark pool, her delicate features forming in front of those she encounters. Tall and lithe, she wears no armor but carries an impressive silvery blade as if it weighed nothing. Her cool gaze sweeps across them, and they feel as if they have been judged - and barely deemed acceptable. Cordana uses her spell-like abilities to appear and disappear within shadow. She casts silence first, to unnerve her opponents and to prevent spellcasters from using verbal spell components. Then she targets one foe and appears from the darkness nearby, attacking swiftly and retreating for another pass."

They are night elf only, but it is conceivable that a night elf could teach the skills of a warden to a member of another race, but so far as anyone knows, this has never been done

All current wardens are members of the Alliance, though it is possible that a warden might break from the Alliance after learning her abilities. Night elves certainly don't train wardens who are not loyal to them

Drelanim Whisperwind - Most surely Tyrande Whisperwind's relative.
    Saria Nightwatcher - Warden and Argent Dawn Templar. Known for her two unique abilities: "Saria's Crown of Divinity". It causes a halo of light to appear over a subject's head, giving off light equivalent to a torch. Great resolve bolsters the subject, and they also gain immunity to fear and improvement of moral against mind-affecting effects
    And improving Shadowmeld ability (Night elf Racial) to Lesser invisibility and later to Greater Invisibility.
    That person shows that Wardens are capable to use not only Shadow magic but Holy too. Improve their abilities.
    Last edited by Spichora; 2013-05-06 at 01:28 PM.
    War is deception, a game played best from the shadows!

10+ Year Old Account
    Hunters have glaive toss now? don't get me wrong we often see shadow stalkers or demon hunter suggestions floating around and the concept is cool, but i wonder if blizz will ever go down that path. They obviously will make another hero class, but is this the best fit? because alot of the spells and ideas are already in current classes.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah it is less likely to happen but it is Fanmade and I like to write some ideas when I get 1 in my head. And hunters have one spell that uses enormous Ugly glaves. I mean night elfish Glaives, ones Guards wield in Darnassus. And Shadow stalkers do not have very simillar spells like Demon hunters. Shadow Stalkers will be like Battle mages for one spec but using Shadow magic and Umbra Crescent. and another Ragened will use totally new style of combat using Bombs and Little daggers.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    Hunters have glaive toss now? don't get me wrong we often see shadow stalkers or demon hunter suggestions floating around and the concept is cool, but i wonder if blizz will ever go down that path. They obviously will make another hero class, but is this the best fit? because alot of the spells and ideas are already in current classes.
    I've actually thought about how a warden class would work. I think it might make as much sense as a demon hunter if it were to be a burning legion expansion. Glaive toss isn't exactly a warden move. The hero was based on teleporting in and out of fights and summon a spirit of herself to resurrect spirits to attack people. Which is certainly not in the game in any way aside from the last boss of Auchenai Crypts. So i think the ideas cool. Just call it warden not shadow stalker imo though. Sounds like a 12 year old thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sukhoi View Post
    I've actually thought about how a warden class would work. I think it might make as much sense as a demon hunter if it were to be a burning legion expansion. Glaive toss isn't exactly a warden move. The hero was based on teleporting in and out of fights and summon a spirit of herself to resurrect spirits to attack people. Which is certainly not in the game in any way aside from the last boss of Auchenai Crypts. So i think the ideas cool. Just call it warden not shadow stalker imo though. Sounds like a 12 year old thing.
    Yes This is pretty much good idea. And yes Wardens do use Glaive because all night elves are trained for that. Maiev Tossed glaive on jarod in final combat. even Neva use Glaives in ranged combat. Yes Hero was using Teleports and Shadow magic and Expert dagger throwing which would make quite formidable and eat class in WoW.

P.S. I didnt called them Wardens for only 1 reason. Night elves have Wardens these are elite group that consists of only Night elven Females. I wouldnt be happy to see other races (and males) to be wardens especially Horde, that would violate the epic feeling of Wardens in History of Warcraft.

---------- Post added 2013-05-01 at 05:37 PM ----------

I like this idea because if Illidan comes back as a Good guy one of brothers must be rulers of Night elves. Malfurion wont side with Illidan because he hates him. If Illidan comes Malfurion must go to sleep again (LOL). Which is less likely to happen.

Great idea but I dont think one more class would be good...
    New race models would be great for next expansion

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been entertaining the idea of a Ranger class and have seen several other people mentioning it. Warden being a spec for said class, but as either a spec or a class I've always wanted to play one, so I approve.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TipTopPoet View Post
    I've been entertaining the idea of a Ranger class and have seen several other people mentioning it. Warden being a spec for said class, but as either a spec or a class I've always wanted to play one, so I approve.
    Thank you Yes Warden are very powerful class. Unique. I would like to see next expansion dedicated to Night elves to restore their Ferocity and bravery.

15+ Year Old Account
    TL;DR: Another rogue, but with more exotic, cosmetic and ritual shit that has never been effective IRL. A one-sided story based on one WC3 class included. /yawn Move along.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    TL;DR: Another rogue, but with more exotic, cosmetic and ritual shit that has never been effective IRL. A one-sided story based on one WC3 class included. /yawn Move along.
    One sided as it is now! We side more to Horde especially to Orcs. Night elves need to wake up too ... And you are wrong if you think that warden is little like to Roguee !!! they are COMPLETELY different my friend! Rogue doesnt use Shadow magic. Rogue doesnt use Two handed. if you have read this you would have not wrote this

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spichora View Post
    One sided as it is now! We side more to Horde especially to Orcs. Night elves need to wake up too ... And you are wrong if you think that warden is little like to Roguee !!! they are COMPLETELY different my friend! Rogue doesnt use Shadow magic. Rogue doesnt use Two handed. if you have read this you would have not wrote this
    What the hell did you expect naming it a "shadow stalker"? Rogue is the one who stalks shadows, duh. Classes have to be non-specific, broad, different from what's implemeted already. The way I see it, there's only tinker left to implement. It doesn't have some specific background and would be available to at least half of existing races.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    What the hell did you expect naming it a "shadow stalker"? Rogue is the one who stalks shadows, duh. Classes have to be non-specific, broad, different from what's implemeted already. The way I see it, there's only tinker left to implement. It doesn't have some specific background and would be available to at least half of existing races.
    Thats right it whats YOU see it. I see that Wardens (Shadow Stalkers) are waaaaaaay different then Rogues. Because they are called Shadow stalkers doesnt mean that they are simillar to Rogues. They use shadow magic and can stalk enemies suddenly and with heavy damages unlike rogues (small damage but fast). They can be introduced as an unique class. They might be similar to Battle mages but not rouges ! PLEASE !

Thank you Yes Warden are very powerful class. Unique. I would like to see next expansion dedicated to Night elves to restore their Ferocity and bravery.
    That would be so boring. How would they go about doing that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SherbertLand View Post
    That would be so boring. How would they go about doing that?
    As I said it is fanmade and I dont think it will be done. But its for sure not boring ! Night elves deserve to be waken up by strong leader Like Maiev ! They are puppets of humans now ! That is so disappointing.

And this theory (imo) is good reason to return Maiev to Night elven society

15+ Year Old Account
    Thats right it whats YOU see it. I see that Wardens (Shadow Stalkers) are waaaaaaay different then Rogues. Because they are called Shadow stalkers doesnt mean that they are simillar to Rogues. They use shadow magic and can stalk enemies suddenly and with heavy damages unlike rogues (small damage but fast). They can be introduced as an unique class. They might be similar to Battle mages but not rouges ! PLEASE !
    Rogues, too, use shadow magic. How else do they teleport and hide in broad daylight in an unobscured area? Also, they even have ability called "shadow blades" that causes shadow damage. And if you think rogues can't do heavy damage from stealth, try playing subtlety. Sub often kills mobs in a couple of seconds after leaving stealth.

10+ Year Old Account
    I play rogue mate Sub has 4-5 secs of heavy damage as sub but Wardens are way dfferent they are like mages. use Blink shadow magic almost every ability and throwing knives ever expertly then rogues. Wardens use heavier armor then rogues, use different weapons. Cause to summon shadow minions are way more flexible.

As for rogues they use just 3 ability of Shadow. Shadowstep, Shadow blades (BTW it has been recently added) and Stealth.

As I said it is fanmade and I dont think it will be done. But its for sure not boring ! Night elves deserve to be waken up by strong leader Like Maiev ! They are puppets of humans now ! That is so disappointing.

And this theory (imo) is good reason to return Maiev to Night elven society
    The night elves chose to be puppets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SherbertLand View Post
    The night elves chose to be puppets.
    No its Tyrande and Malfurion chose to be puppets ! Thats why I hate them They are weakest leaders !! I adored Tyrande in WC 3 but hell knows what happened to her.

No its Tyrande and Malfurion chose to be puppets ! Thats why I hate them They are weakest leaders !! I adored Tyrande in WC 3 but hell knows what happened to her.
    Fine, if not puppets of the Alliance, then puppets of these leader shells you despise so much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes they are puppets of leader as all races. Orcs for example most of orcs are puppets of Garrosh and all the humans do What Varian tells them. Its what Leaders exist for!
    But Night elves are known for their Tyranny in leadership what made them strong but Malfurion ruined everything with his "wisdom". 1st of all he didnt killed Illidan. Then he slept in emerald dream where he stuck for centuries and left tyrande totally alone. After awakening he DID TOTALLY NOTHING. After that he said that Night elves must face same difficulties as other races and took immortality from them. He let illidan go away. He was core to cause all Night elven Problems and ruin their personality. He should be executed not Maiev.