Thread: tot hc path

  1. #1

    tot hc path

    As we just this week downed 25hc jinrokh, finally, i was wondering what to try next. Im looking for the next easiest to get our guild motivation back up as it has declined a bit now that we are not progressing that fast.
    We did spend a bit too much on jinrokh but mainly because we either had our good players working etc and took some not-so-good players to kill us in ionisation or lightning storm.
    From what our server mostly does after jinkhie is jikun or horridon. So these next?

  2. #2
    Look on wowpgrogress (main page).
    H: Jin'rokh the Breaker 3841 (1)
    H: Horridon 1319 (3)
    H: Council of Elders 468 (6/7)
    H: Tortos 1077 (4)
    H: Megaera 449 (6/7)
    H: Ji-Kun 1931 (2)
    H: Durumu the Forgotten 218 (9)
    H: Primordius 267 (8)
    H: Dark Animus 110
    H: Iron Qon 636 (5)
    H: Twin Consorts 172
    H: Lei Shen 34
    H: Ra-den 19

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Naggash View Post
    Look on wowpgrogress (main page).
    H: Jin'rokh the Breaker 3841 (1)
    H: Horridon 1319 (3)
    H: Council of Elders 468 (6/7)
    H: Tortos 1077 (4)
    H: Megaera 449 (6/7)
    H: Ji-Kun 1931 (2)
    H: Durumu the Forgotten 218 (9)
    H: Primordius 267 (8)
    H: Dark Animus 110
    H: Iron Qon 636 (5)
    H: Twin Consorts 172
    H: Lei Shen 34
    H: Ra-den 19
    You might want to filter 25 man only, it's pretty different

    H: Jin'rokh the Breaker (25) 621 (32.09%)
    H: Horridon (25) 342 (17.67%)
    H: Council of Elders (25) 176 (9.10%)
    H: Tortos (25) 318 (16.43%)
    H: Megaera (25) 233 (12.04%)
    H: Ji-Kun (25) 248 (12.82%)
    H: Durumu the Forgotten (25) 96 (4.96%)
    H: Primordius (25) 127 (6.56%)
    H: Dark Animus (25) 49 (2.53%)
    H: Iron Qon (25) 127 (6.56%)
    H: Twin Consorts (25) 72 (3.72%)
    H: Lei Shen (25) 14 (0.72%)
    H: Ra-den (25) 8 (0.41%)

    Based on that:

    Jin'Rokh
    Horridon
    Tortos
    Ji-Kun
    Megaera
    Council
    Iron Qon/Primordius
    Primordius/Iron Qon
    Durumu
    Twins
    Dark Animus

  4. #4
    Scarab Lord nightfalls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    4,207
    Ji-Kun isn't the exact joke it is on 10m, there's a lot more coordination required but it's definitely not what you'd call a "tightly tuned" fight. Tortos is probably easier than Horridon especially with no gear.

    Also something to keep in mind, if you kill a boss faster than expected and you skipped a ton of other bosses, you can't go back. So say you get Ji-Kun down in a few hours, you won't be able to go back to Horridon.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    Ji-Kun isn't the exact joke it is on 10m, there's a lot more coordination required but it's definitely not what you'd call a "tightly tuned" fight. Tortos is probably easier than Horridon especially with no gear.

    Also something to keep in mind, if you kill a boss faster than expected and you skipped a ton of other bosses, you can't go back. So say you get Ji-Kun down in a few hours, you won't be able to go back to Horridon.
    I disagree, it's still a joke and as far as I'm concerned equally much as on 10man. Your biggest issue in 25 is hoping everyone makes the jump, and the proportional higher chance to bring a lesser gifted player, which is more noticable on a fight like Ji-Kun (people who spent their time floating or whose dps or healing is so crap it's impossible for them to down an egg or heal through quills alone). That said, OP said they had a lot of difficulty with Jinrokh, so much that the guild morale is a bit crap. Seeing as Jinrokh is MUCH easier than any other heroic, I doubt his first concern should be that "he won't be able to go back". Instead I assume he is looking to clear just another heroic in a reasonable amount of time so people pick up the motivation a bit.

    Horridon, Tortos and Ji-Kun should be your next targets. Horridon is not hard but it requires more individual skill to get down (as you will find in many Horridon topics, there's a lot of crap going on and shit to not stand in, as well as dealing with an individual mechanic of pink dino's. A lot of raiders can have difficulties with that). Tortos is really not hard as long as you manage to burn down the first turtle before the breath, after that the majority of your progress will probably be spent on figuring out how to deal with bats. Put your warlocks on CoEx duties and the turtles are almost an afterthought. Ji-Kun only requires coordination in that you assign groups to nest, after that progress will be around people learning to not fuck up the nests, forget them, etc. Megaera and Council are a lot easier than they are on 10man, so don't let them frighten you away because you may have read a 10man horror story. Council is probably the hardest of the bunch still because there's just a gazillion things that can go wrong and they will all go wrong. Despite that I wouldn't recommend either of the fights before Horridon, Tortos and Ji-Kun, even if that progress-list posted above ranks Meg alongside Ji-Kun in terms of difficulty.

    I believe the only one who can decide where to go next is you. You know your groups' strength and weaknesses, and it is based on that that you should make a decision.
    Last edited by Cirque; 2013-04-29 at 04:05 PM.

  6. #6
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    464
    Or you progress as a guild and start at Jin'rokh and dont skip anything, that way your team gets stronger if you manage to kill the "harder" bosses it usually puts the spirit up in the guild.

  7. #7
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Queensland, Australia
    Posts
    61
    Hmm, there is no real set path, but I can give you the order my guild has done:

    Jin'Rokh
    Horridon
    Tortos
    Megaera
    Ji-Kun
    Council
    Primordius
    Iron Qon
    Twins
    --- Haven't Killed---
    Durumu
    Dark Animus
    Lei Shen
    Ra-den


    -Iron Qon is a joke, I would probably put that before Primordius.
    -Tortos is a joke, could easily do that before Horridon.
    -Ji-kun is probably easier than Megaera.

    -Can't comment on Durumu's difficulty, only 9/13H currently, haven't done any pulls on him.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirque View Post
    That said, OP said they had a lot of difficulty with Jinrokh, so much that the guild morale is a bit crap. Seeing as Jinrokh is MUCH easier than any other heroic, I doubt his first concern should be that "he won't be able to go back". Instead I assume he is looking to clear just another heroic in a reasonable amount of time so people pick up the motivation a bit.
    Well said. It's not that our group is bad, I wouldn't say that. It's just that we had almost every week when we tried Jinrokh, 2 or more new players that for understandable reasons, might mess up a few rounds. That unfortunately starts a chain reaction to make the more experienced ones to mess, or Iceblocks/whatever to miss the timing.

    Also as our server doesn't seem to have any proper guildless /guild jumpers that we could reqruit, if we lose one good player for vacation or such, it's quite impossible to continue progression with those 2nd grade players (sorry if I offend anyone) just not learning the fights.

    I personally dont mind skipping bosses if it will help our people to gain the spirit to continue this tier. Our most active players, me included, are starting to reach ilv 522 already or passed it and it feels futile to keep clearing the place on normal now.

    Our dps / healing ain't bad either, and our tanks keep alive well enough. The main problem I find is that some Raid-One-Shot abilities (such as Ionisation) that depend on everyone/most people are too hard of a concept to some.

  9. #9
    Brewmaster cyqu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Where the pros reside
    Posts
    1,318
    In terms of how it felt with my guild.

    Jin'rokh
    Ji-kun
    Horridon
    Tortos
    Twins
    Iron qon
    Council
    Primordius
    Durumu
    Maegera
    Dark animus

  10. #10
    I would say Durumu is a lot easier now with the changes made to the maze. Not having to waste combat rezzes on people who die to the maze every single attempt goes a long way.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by cyqu View Post
    In terms of how it felt with my guild.

    Jin'rokh
    Ji-kun
    Horridon
    Tortos
    Twins
    Iron qon
    Council
    Primordius
    Durumu
    Maegera
    Dark animus
    Directing at you, since I know you are a fellow 10H raider with good progress, but anyone can chime in please.

    We are currently 7/13, with ~1/2 of a night's worth of attempts on Durumu. Our plan this week (3 days remaining) is to focus on Durumu, Primo, and maybe Twins. I sincerely hope it doesn't take us 4 hours each to learn/down them... So I am asking for some tips to save time if possible.

    Durumu - Currently 1 tanking (myself, protpal) and 2 healing with Disc and MW. Using our ele sham to solo the icewalls. We get to ~45% at the end of the first maze, and all of the "phase 1" stuff goes well. "phase 2" is when it starts to go to hell, mainly with life-drains. Our best so far is ~30%, but we seem to lose a lot of steam in that phase. We also seem to really get boned if/when a healer gets the red beam, as it 1) seems to take a lot longer in that phase to get all the beasts out and 2) healing suffers due to movement. We tried 3-healing (2x disc, MW) and it was super easy for healing, but really lost ground after the maze when dealing with life-drains.
    Sadly I don't have logs from last night, as our co-tank/GM sat since it was a 1tank fight and he was parsing Any tips or suggestions would be great.

    Plan to throw attempts at Primo after that. Current guild iLVL is around 525ish, both tanks (BrM/prot-pal) are very strong DPS contributions. No real experience here, did a pull a few weeks ago, but not enough to gather much info. Is this easier than Durumu in terms of RNG (as in, bad luck with beam selection described above)? How often should tank swaps on the big adds occur, and how many/which DPS do you have switching to them, if any?

    Twins seems to be suggested as even easier than both of these, but we just assumed that since N was so easy, HC would be actually difficult. I've seen a few suggestions on how to handle this, but basically I gather that one tank holds the boss/beasts and the other runs around finding ghosts?

    I hope we can get 1-2 kills this week, but don't want to spend so much time on one that we miss out on potentially easier kills. Appreciate any insight!
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

  12. #12
    Scarab Lord nightfalls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    4,207
    Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
    Durumu - Currently 1 tanking (myself, protpal) and 2 healing with Disc and MW. Using our ele sham to solo the icewalls. We get to ~45% at the end of the first maze, and all of the "phase 1" stuff goes well. "phase 2" is when it starts to go to hell, mainly with life-drains. Our best so far is ~30%, but we seem to lose a lot of steam in that phase. We also seem to really get boned if/when a healer gets the red beam, as it 1) seems to take a lot longer in that phase to get all the beasts out and 2) healing suffers due to movement. We tried 3-healing (2x disc, MW) and it was super easy for healing, but really lost ground after the maze when dealing with life-drains.
    Sadly I don't have logs from last night, as our co-tank/GM sat since it was a 1tank fight and he was parsing Any tips or suggestions would be great.

    Plan to throw attempts at Primo after that. Current guild iLVL is around 525ish, both tanks (BrM/prot-pal) are very strong DPS contributions. No real experience here, did a pull a few weeks ago, but not enough to gather much info. Is this easier than Durumu in terms of RNG (as in, bad luck with beam selection described above)? How often should tank swaps on the big adds occur, and how many/which DPS do you have switching to them, if any?

    Twins seems to be suggested as even easier than both of these, but we just assumed that since N was so easy, HC would be actually difficult. I've seen a few suggestions on how to handle this, but basically I gather that one tank holds the boss/beasts and the other runs around finding ghosts?

    I hope we can get 1-2 kills this week, but don't want to spend so much time on one that we miss out on potentially easier kills. Appreciate any insight!
    (25H perspective so I'll keep in mind some differences): Especially if your tanks are good, I think Primordius might be easier. A lot of that fight in both DPS and execution is on the tanks.

    Twins: It's absolutely brutal if a healer gets stacks past even 2. As far as I recall (which might be wrong), the 2nd tank taunts the boss once the 1st one spawns a beast.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    Twins: It's absolutely brutal if a healer gets stacks past even 2. As far as I recall (which might be wrong), the 2nd tank taunts the boss once the 1st one spawns a beast.
    NVM Prot Paladins.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •