Page 1 of 14
... LastLast

"Real reason" we aren't getting Tri-Spec

Now, Normally I am one to defend Blizzard and their decisions on alot of things. The more fanatical of you might even call me a fanboy for not ripping Blizzards head off for everything they do. But GC's recent tweet as to why we are not getting tri-spec really bugged me for some reason.

He claims "uniqueness" is the reason we won't be getting Tri-Spec. And I can't help but feel irritated...After years of homogenizing classes and spreading multiple abilities out across 3-4 different classes (yay for heroism on 3 classes, probably 4 soon with Monks..I can see monks having hero) NOW he wants to pull the "unique" card?

Does that really irritate anyone else? Seems more like a cop-out than an official answer

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Dual specs ? Why not tri-specs ? 3 specs ? why not 4 specs ? 4 specs ? why not 5 specs ? 5 specs ? why not 6 specs ? 6 specs ? why not 7 specs ?

This would happen.

Quote Originally Posted by rated View Post
    Dual specs ? Why not tri-specs ? 3 specs ? why not 4 specs ? 4 specs ? why not 5 specs ? 5 specs ? why not 6 specs ? 6 specs ? why not 7 specs ?

This would happen.
    ^

As much as I would love for my warrior to have PVE Fury, PVE Tank, and PVP Arms, them introducing a tri-spec would most likely set a precedent they don't want existing.

10+ Year Old Account
    He also mentioned rogues... I blame rogues.

But yeah, their reasons sound a little bit like a cop-out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TipTopPoet View Post
    He also mentioned rogues... I blame rogues.

But yeah, their reasons sound a little bit like a cop-out.
    100% sure he was trolling with the rogue comment, given the chief rogue complaint atm is that all the specs play the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Aye. I've gotta say it seemed like a lazy discision, on my paladin i've managed to get gear for all three specs (Greed rolls in dungeons and random scenario loot) but i can only use my prot/ret spec gear due to me not being able to have a third spec.

I'd like to try holy out but not at the expense of my other specs and having to rebind all my spells when i switch back...

On a serious note, once they gave us duel spec their was no reason to ever stop giving us the ability to have more. The threads back in the day were the exact same as they are now on the subject, they started down the slope so slip away.

Deleted

This would happen.
    The reality is, classes have 3 talent specs... and not 4, 5, 6 or 7. This could probably happen in your own little world.

Quote Originally Posted by Sindrasa View Post
    I'd like to try holy out but not at the expense of my other specs and having to rebind all my spells when i switch back...
    You know, I'm pretty sure there's addons for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    You know, I'm pretty sure there's addons for that.
    You know, I'm pretty sure it takes more time setting that addon up than is worth it...
    And eight, eight, I forget what eight was for

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    The reality is, classes have 3 talent specs... and not 4, 5, 6 or 7. This could probably happen in your own little world.
    yea but back when i played (admittedly this was Cata so i know nothing of the new talent changes) i could easily use a 4th or 5th spec on my dk.

back in wrath and cata i was limited to two specs, one for tanking and one for pvp. if i wanted to do the most pve dps it would have been better for me to go respec. the list goes on. i could have had two specs used for frost, one for pve and one for pvp, i could have had two specs for unholy, one for pve and one for pvp, and i could have had two for blood, one for tanking and the other for flag running in pvp. its a slippery slope they even acknowledged when they introduced dual spec and now theyre seeing the side of that slope approach quite quickly. where do you draw the line?

*note im not saying dual spec is bad

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    True, But there are different things you could do with 7 different specs.

For druids for instance...

PvE Bear
    PvP Bear
    PvE Resto
    PvP Resto
    PvP Kitty
    PvE Kitty
    PvE Boomy
    PvP Boomy

Now I don't avidly PvP...with good reason, It's a cancer I'd rather not touch. But that is just an example

Irritated about Ghostcrawler's opinion on a topic? No surprises here.

Don't really understand why it would be a problem to have unlimited specs.
    Or like a set of 12.
    It could be an interesting gold sink too.
    A bit like your masteries in League of Legends.
    So what if the dude has 6 specs ?

Why even have "specs" at all? Just let everyone use all specs available to their class and customize their build through talents and glyphs.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Its Ghostcrawler, I dont really take anything he says seriously. Ide advise you just ignore his twitter feed.
    I'd love to hear you elaborate on this moronic statement.

10+ Year Old Account

This would happen.
    Agreed. Where does it finally end? Then if we got tri specs, everyone would want a 4th spec. If we get quad specs, everyone would want a 5th spec. They are right in stopping this before it gets out of control. The gear rolls would be off the charts once you are in a group and trying to gear all 3 specs now. If you think the "QQ he stole my gear in a 5 man" is bad now, just imagine what would happen when you need THREE different types of gear, and not just two.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcor View Post
    True, But there are different things you could do with 7 different specs.

For druids for instance...

PvE Bear
    PvP Bear
    PvE Resto
    PvP Resto
    PvP Kitty
    PvE Kitty
    PvE Boomy
    PvP Boomy

Now I don't avidly PvP...with good reason, It's a cancer I'd rather not touch. But that is just an example
    Yeah, you just made it very much clear that you dont play PvE.

Could you imagine carrying 3 sets of gear around? Bag space is already precious as it is. They need to do something about that problem instead of worrying about a tri-spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    Agreed. Where does it finally end? Then if we got tri specs, everyone would want a 4th spec. If we get quad specs, everyone would want a 5th spec. They are right in stopping this before it gets out of control. The gear rolls would be off the charts once you are in a group and trying to gear all 3 specs now. If you think the "QQ he stole my gear in a 5 man" is bad now, just imagine what would happen when you need THREE different types of gear, and not just two.
    It ends by just giving everyone access to all their specs, and letting them customize their build for whatever content they are playing by changing talents and glyphs. They can be swapped in a matter of seconds for a trivial amount of mats.