Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ...
4
12
13
14
15
LastLast
  1. #261
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    And that's great... but how did it go last year? or even the first half of this year? How many of the WoW killers did little more than give the public ideas for things to ask for in WoW? And once wow gave in and provided such features, how many of those games still hold the attention of the 6.5 million people who bought it? Does GW1 even still have 1.5M players? Or Rift. After these past 3 years, and the amazing launch it had, how many players has it retained? And yes. Thank you Rift for AoE looting. You gave us something great before fading out in the MMO sea of lackluster.
    Considering GW2 was released last year I doubt the sales of GW1 were that high. But really who cares? The number of sales or subscribers a game has is not an indication of quality of some of the systems they have.

    Why do you feel the need to bash other games in order to validate your opinion?

  2. #262
    How about they just tie the talent/glyph/gear manager systems all in together and allow for saving reforges for each one, then allow players to swap out between as many gear+talent+reforge+glyph profiles as they care to make? Its not like people give a darn about immersion nowadays, so why keep pretending that they do. I don't feel like I have many options when it comes to talents, each tier is generally 1 pve /1 pvp /1 useless talent. So now you end up with a situation where you have boring talents and a boring loot system where it is all about getting your BiS pieces each tier, its turning into a situation where we are getting put on tracks for character progression with the illusion of 'choice'.

    Too bad they can't just make world of Diablocraft, take all the awesome itemization and systems in D3 and put them into a massive multiplayer persistent world allowing for raiding, quests and character progression.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    There is not a flag large enough to cover the shame of killing innocent people. -Howard Zinn
    The stars may be far away, but people still reach for them. -My Grandfather

  3. #263
    Tri-spec to hybrids only.

  4. #264
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post

    And yet here we all sit playing WoW in the high numbers while GW1 and Rift are just oh-so-successful.
    Can't speak for rift but GW1 rivaled WoW in terms of numbers for a long time. People still play GW1. WoW can be stated to be more successful because it charged a sub fee but GW1 didn't. Either way, your statement is wrong. GW1 was EXTREMELY successful and numbers have dwindled in anticipation for GW2 which sad to say didn't deliver on what I and most others were expecting.

  5. #265
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    And yet here we all sit playing WoW in the high numbers while GW1 and Rift are just oh-so-successful.
    Because lord knows Blizzard has never lifted a game idea from another company.

    Wow, I actually typed that without bursting into full-out laughter.
    Benevolence is a luxury for the strong - Wrathion

  6. #266
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    And that's great... but how did it go last year? or even the first half of this year? How many of the WoW killers did little more than give the public ideas for things to ask for in WoW? And once wow gave in and provided such features, how many of those games still hold the attention of the 6.5 million people who bought it? Does GW1 even still have 1.5M players? Or Rift. After these past 3 years, and the amazing launch it had, how many players has it retained? And yes. Thank you Rift for AoE looting. You gave us something great before fading out in the MMO sea of lackluster.
    GW2 was never meant to be a WoW killer. Anet even stated this multiple times. As per your argument, since GW1 doesn't have a sub fee, all the players that bought it could still be considered players so the number has likely gone up.

  7. #267
    personally id love tri-spec, but i can see it will be a issue in raids if everyone can just respecc to whatever soothes the current encounter.
    Imho a 15-20 min CD on respecc while in raids or similiar would be ok.
    I think thats the main reason there isnt tri spec yet. Atleast that were their reason back in cata.

  8. #268
    Pandaren Monk vep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Croatia
    Posts
    1,883
    Tri-spec? While we're at it, bosses should just give you the loot once you enter the instance. Or wait, why go through the trouble of entering the instance when the bosses could just send you gear via mail?! Ah, damn, yeah, you'd have to run to a mailbox... Hmm, let's see, why wouldn't the bosses just walk up to you and hand you the gear? We don't want to inconvenience the players the slightest bit, do we?...

    We have dual spec. Why on earth are you complaining? Seriously, does everything have to come on a silver platter for you? Are you that special that Blizzard has to go all out of their way just so you wouldn't be inconvenienced?

    Play the game as it is. Appreciate it as it is. Or leave it be, as it is.

  9. #269
    This means druids need quad spec? I think you should just remove spec all together if you can be all of them at once and give player ability to do everything however they want. I think we may need to let each spec use 1 stat for every role too. example is druid use intellect to boost healing in caster form,ap in cat form,armor and dodge in bear,spell power in moonkin. That sounds fun.

  10. #270
    Quote Originally Posted by vep View Post
    Tri-spec? While we're at it, bosses should just give you the loot once you enter the instance. Or wait, why go through the trouble of entering the instance when the bosses could just send you gear via mail?! Ah, damn, yeah, you'd have to run to a mailbox... Hmm, let's see, why wouldn't the bosses just walk up to you and hand you the gear? We don't want to inconvenience the players the slightest bit, do we?...

    We have dual spec. Why on earth are you complaining? Seriously, does everything have to come on a silver platter for you? Are you that special that Blizzard has to go all out of their way just so you wouldn't be inconvenienced?

    Play the game as it is. Appreciate it as it is. Or leave it be, as it is.
    This is the most idiotic argument ever. We already have the ability to do exactly what tri-spec does it just is a hassle and wastes everyone's time. Seriously, if you can't make a reasonable claim as to why it's bad don't even post.

  11. #271
    Quote Originally Posted by vep View Post
    Tri-spec? While we're at it, bosses should just give you the loot once you enter the instance. Or wait, why go through the trouble of entering the instance when the bosses could just send you gear via mail?! Ah, damn, yeah, you'd have to run to a mailbox... Hmm, let's see, why wouldn't the bosses just walk up to you and hand you the gear? We don't want to inconvenience the players the slightest bit, do we?...

    We have dual spec. Why on earth are you complaining? Seriously, does everything have to come on a silver platter for you? Are you that special that Blizzard has to go all out of their way just so you wouldn't be inconvenienced?

    Play the game as it is. Appreciate it as it is. Or leave it be, as it is.
    When I was saying, leave talent system as is, appreciate it as it is, play the game as it is, etc., GC just said, that it will be better for game - deal with it. And, as I already said, this change hurted my class/spec-related feeling much more. And nobody asked for this change. But tri-spec will be really helpfull to many players and many players are asking for it. So where is the logic? Making changes, that nobody asking for, without caring about any negative impact, without caring about tons of negative feedback, and refusing to make changes, that are very usefull for many players, just because some bunch of oldfags thinks it's just bad? Why wasn't they so carefully, when they was implementing CRZ for example? I'm just sick of this stupid conservatism and orthodoxy, especially when it's used only when it's favourable for developers. So. Tri-spec will strongly improve my gaming experience. Negative impact is just ridiculous or even zero, if we will compare it to negative impact from other recent changes. It just must be implemented. Period.
    Sorry for my bad english.
    WOW Signature.(Warning! 10.9Mb gif animation!) MWO Signature.(Warning! 3.9Mb gif animation!)
    I think it's really easy and even attractive to people to daydream about worst case scenarios┬ęBashiok
    "No flying - no sub" Club "No tiers in LFR - no sub" Club

  12. #272
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Considering GW2 was released last year I doubt the sales of GW1 were that high. But really who cares? The number of sales or subscribers a game has is not an indication of quality of some of the systems they have.

    Why do you feel the need to bash other games in order to validate your opinion?
    If people intend to use other games to support their opinions, they should prepare to have those games cross examined.

    ---------- Post added 2013-05-02 at 01:19 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    GW2 was never meant to be a WoW killer. Anet even stated this multiple times. As per your argument, since GW1 doesn't have a sub fee, all the players that bought it could still be considered players so the number has likely gone up.
    http://massively.joystiq.com/2009/04...ion-milestone/

    It peaked at 6M 4 years ago. Assuming everyone still plays...

    ---------- Post added 2013-05-02 at 01:20 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Because lord knows Blizzard has never lifted a game idea from another company.

    Wow, I actually typed that without bursting into full-out laughter.
    Oh, I fully thanked the other games for their contributions. It was good to see their technology assimilated into a winning franchise
    Last edited by Tyrion Lannister; 2013-05-02 at 08:20 PM.

  13. #273
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    If people intend to use other games to support their opinions, they should prepare to have those games cross examined.
    Are you being serious??? Cross examined??? Is that what you call dismissing any system another game might use regardless of its quality or merits based on that game has not sold any many copies as WOW?

  14. #274
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Are you being serious??? Cross examined??? Is that what you call dismissing any system another game might use regardless of its quality or merits based on that game has not sold any many copies as WOW?
    When it comes to board games, the first one the majority of people would think of is Monopoly. When it comes to MMOs, the first in line is World of Warcraft. The only reason any of these clones even exist is because of WoW's success. The only reason WoW exists is because EQ was getting horrible. Everyone comes from somewhere, but the hallmark of MMOs which has defined gaming in this genre for the past (almost) decade, is WoW. So yes, let me applaud the little people who tried, and failed, to replace WoW AND who have contributed to new features which have been implemented.

  15. #275

    Ghostcrawlers flawed logic

    Quote Originally Posted by vep View Post
    Tri-spec? While we're at it, bosses should just give you the loot once you enter the instance. Or wait, why go through the trouble of entering the instance when the bosses could just send you gear via mail?! Ah, damn, yeah, you'd have to run to a mailbox... Hmm, let's see, why wouldn't the bosses just walk up to you and hand you the gear? We don't want to inconvenience the players the slightest bit, do we?...

    We have dual spec. Why on earth are you complaining? Seriously, does everything have to come on a silver platter for you? Are you that special that Blizzard has to go all out of their way just so you wouldn't be inconvenienced?

    Play the game as it is. Appreciate it as it is. Or leave it be, as it is.
    Ghostcrawler has repeatedly posted flawed logic why he thinks Tri Spec is bad. If he used this logic consistently then there never would have been duel spec since having two specs takes away from the unique nature of the character.

    Also, that is another point, are you playing WOW or is your character? I mean this, when I play, people know me and know that I have many alts. They want to play with ME and it is one of my alts that will determine what character I play, i.e. tank, heals, dps. It is THIS reasoning that many people wish Tri Spec, so they can play with their friends and not worry about the character. Another way to put it. It is more important for the character to play or the person behind it.

    The character is NOT the most important thing in the game, it is the PERSON behind it and if it is easier for friends to play together because of Tri Spec, just like the same reasoning as duel spec, then blizzard needs to take off the blinders and realize this.

    Lastly, as a company, they need to realize that the needs of the customers means more then unilateral thinking on their part. I believe one reason why they lose people is that they are not as concerned about the customer as they should be.

    Just a thought.

  16. #276
    Quote Originally Posted by Montyishere View Post


    Ghostcrawler has repeatedly posted flawed logic why he thinks Tri Spec is bad. If he used this logic consistently then there never would have been duel spec since having two specs takes away from the unique nature of the character.

    Also, that is another point, are you playing WOW or is your character? I mean this, when I play, people know me and know that I have many alts. They want to play with ME and it is one of my alts that will determine what character I play, i.e. tank, heals, dps. It is THIS reasoning that many people wish Tri Spec, so they can play with their friends and not worry about the character. Another way to put it. It is more important for the character to play or the person behind it.

    The character is NOT the most important thing in the game, it is the PERSON behind it and if it is easier for friends to play together because of Tri Spec, just like the same reasoning as duel spec, then blizzard needs to take off the blinders and realize this.

    Lastly, as a company, they need to realize that the needs of the customers means more then unilateral thinking on their part. I believe one reason why they lose people is that they are not as concerned about the customer as they should be.

    Just a thought.
    How the hell does not having tri spec keep you from playing with your friends?

    There's also such a thing as a middle ground between two extremes. Just because blizzard has made certain aspects of the game more convenient doesn't mean they should completely do away with character uniqueness when it comes to specs. If anything I'd say that even dual spec isn't really needed anymore with the ability to swap out talents at any point. DS was added as a means to help alleviate some of the troubles with the old talent spec without making talent specs themselves unimportant choices. Saying that 'oh, they've made OTHER changes to make things convenient = they should completely remove character uniqueness by giving everyone permanent access to all specs' is silly in my eyes. Sure, a couple classes like rogues could use a rework to make the spec feel more unique, but I'm against the idea of taking away people having different specs altogether.
    Last edited by Malzra; 2013-05-02 at 09:52 PM.

  17. #277
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    How the hell does not having tri spec keep you from playing with your friends?
    Did not say it prevents him from it. He said, it would be even easier if he had all 3 specs and did not have to switch characters so much. He is in favor of Tri-spec.

  18. #278
    Few things annoy me more than the bitching about homogenizing classes. For all the 'I liked my class when it was a unique special snowflake' whining, you'd think that people would actually stop to think about what that meant.

    It SUCKED for paladin/druid tanks when warriors were the only ones with spells/abilities to handle deadly mechanics like Shear.

    It SUCKED for warrior/druid tanks when paladins were 'the' AOE tanks and therefore the only ones fully capable of handling stuff like Hyjal raid gauntlet.

    It SUCKED for everyone else when warriors were the only real tank, priests the only real healer, pures the only real dps.

    It SUCKED for your raid if you didn't have a shaman because you didn't have heroism/bloodlust.

    I could list dozens more. Easily.

    Classes are more similar because they had to be in order for people to be able to actually use the classes they want, when they want, and to play/raid with the people they want. And besides, there is still solid diversity between classes. Tanking with a warrior feels completely different than tanking with a paladin, and tanking with a monk doesn't play like either, or a DK or druid. Does a hunter feel the same as a mage, or a rogue? No, not at all. Hell, some specs within one class feel quite different, like Arms to Fury. Homogenizing is another fun word people throw around, and with far less understanding/basis than they actually think they have.

    And most importantly of all.... its a video game, FFS. Do you people sit around raging that Luigi has similar abilities to Mario? Do you make posts on forums about how homogenized Nintendo's plumbers have become? 'OMG nintendo, every character has a buttstomp. WTF Miyamoto y u homogenizing the characters? I remember when Mario and Luigi were completely different. Luigi jumped further! Nintendo should fire u, Miyamoto'

    ^ That is how... ridiculous some of you sound.

    ---------- Post added 2013-05-02 at 09:59 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Montyishere View Post
    Lastly, as a company, they need to realize that the needs of the customers means more then unilateral thinking on their part. I believe one reason why they lose people is that they are not as concerned about the customer as they should be.

    Just a thought.
    No, just no. The biggest mistake Blizz could ever make is letting this whining, self-entitled, special-snowflake 'community' design WoW for them.

    It is Blizzard's game. Not ours. They decide what is best for the game. Not you. Not I.

    And I actually happen to agree with GC to some extent. If people can just pop between any and all specs at any time, you aren't a 'prot warrior with a fury offspec' anymore, you're just a warrior.

    Oh and the moment they give us a 3rd spec, people will ask for a fourth. Period. Just like when it was announced we got dual spec, a week didn't pass before people were asking about upping it to three. 'well since u gave us 2 why not 3?' Players are very much 'please sir I'd like some more' instead of, you know, appreciating what we have.

  19. #279
    Legendary! Raiju's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    6,605
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Oh and the moment they give us a 3rd spec, people will ask for a fourth. Period. Just like when it was announced we got dual spec, a week didn't pass before people were asking about upping it to three. 'well since u gave us 2 why not 3?' Players are very much 'please sir I'd like some more' instead of, you know, appreciating what we have.
    You had to respec to change talents. Invalid argument as has been mentioned for 14 pages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

  20. #280
    Quote Originally Posted by vep View Post
    Tri-spec? While we're at it, bosses should just give you the loot once you enter the instance. Or wait, why go through the trouble of entering the instance when the bosses could just send you gear via mail?! Ah, damn, yeah, you'd have to run to a mailbox... Hmm, let's see, why wouldn't the bosses just walk up to you and hand you the gear? We don't want to inconvenience the players the slightest bit, do we?...

    We have dual spec. Why on earth are you complaining? Seriously, does everything have to come on a silver platter for you? Are you that special that Blizzard has to go all out of their way just so you wouldn't be inconvenienced?

    Play the game as it is. Appreciate it as it is. Or leave it be, as it is.
    Slippery Slope fallacy much? Tri-spec isn't going to break the game, its not going to make things just roll over and die, its a matter of convenience. Play as it is? So we should never want for the game we play to be better? To add new cool/helpful/time-saving features? We should just sit here complacent with our thumbs up our asses? Yeah sounds like an awesome idea.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •