Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mini View Post
    I'm usually a fire/frost mage, but I can spec either of them into Arcane and be ready to raid on it in about 1 minute using Action Bar Saver to re-do all of my bars instantly and manually changing my talents and glyphs (only because Blizzard won't let addons do this yet). And before anyone says "but you're a mage your specs all do the same thing!", I also do this on my druid between all 4 specs. Reforging and regemming (if necessary) can also be accomplished quickly using addons and item sets already allow you to manage multiple sets of gear.

There's really not much of a time barrier for a player to respec to their unused talent sets, you can easily collect gear for all of your specs and re-spec in a matter of a couple minutes if you want. The only reason Blizzard would refuse to allow you to just pick any of your class's talent sets (4 for druids, 3 for everyone else) is for developer manpower (i.e. it will take too long to code) or for storage (they don't want to store another set of talents/glyphs/action bars for every toon in existence).

People will still continue to collect "main spec", "off spec" and "I'll probably never use this but my class CAN wear it" gear, just as before. Obviously class unique-ness isn't a factor at all here, and GC's post about rogues was probably sarcastic.
    GC was not being sarcastic. In a situation where anyone can be anything. Every rogue will be the "right" spec for each boss. Currently, some people like this or some people like that even it's not optimal.

You all need to realize that this is Casual WoW now. The last thing new players need is to be innundated with re-speccing. It's hard enough getting a new player to learn one spec well let alone 2 or 3.

Tri-spec will not happen until class/spec balance is nearly perfect - which it will never be. So /thread

i think the real reason is we just simply wouldn't have enough bag space for gear. two cents given.

Quote Originally Posted by jimlow View Post
    really though you dont need all those diffrent specs. Druids being the odd ball out in this but tri spec esentialy means you would never need to see a trainer again ever.

say your a pure class like a warlock and you have tri spec. All you do now is switch spec and change talents, 1 minute max and now you can be affliction/demo/destro PVE or PVP without ever seeing a trainer and you have your entire classes toolkit at your disposal at any time. Hell your PVE/PVP gear doesn't even change. Your on a raid boss fight that's high mobility switch to affliction, are you trying to solo something switch to demo and get a better pet to tank for you, do you want to do daily's and just burst down some targets? switch to destro.

What GC is trying to say is if you have your full toolkit available like that the whole concept of a spec looses meaning. You may as well give pure classes just 1 spec that has everything. The only way to really make those classes unique would be to give them tank and heal specs so that every class could do every roll.
    YES! Someone who gets it!

Quote Originally Posted by Users View Post
    The max we would need is 3. I don't know why people are saying, "well then people are gonna want 4 or 5." Thats just dumb.
    For the longest time, 4 would have been ideal for my druid. Bear, Kitty, PVE Tree, PVP tree. Instead, I just was bear and PVP tree for raiding. Really, they should never have given use dual-spec to begin with. I'd be fine with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    It ends by just giving everyone access to all their specs, and letting them customize their build for whatever content they are playing by changing talents and glyphs. They can be swapped in a matter of seconds for a trivial amount of mats.
    Then they should just drop specs all together. Why have multiples if you don't have to choose between them in any meaningful way? Just do away with specs entirely, throw all the class talents into one big pool available to the whole class, and let everyone devise their own builds.

Except then some of the player base will start crying about how they need dual class. Classes would become the new "specs" and the problem would grow anew.

Or they could just roll an alt if they want to play every option available, like reasonable people.
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

Quote Originally Posted by jimlow View Post
    really though you dont need all those diffrent specs. Druids being the odd ball out in this but tri spec esentialy means you would never need to see a trainer again ever.

say your a pure class like a warlock and you have tri spec. All you do now is switch spec and change talents, 1 minute max and now you can be affliction/demo/destro PVE or PVP without ever seeing a trainer and you have your entire classes toolkit at your disposal at any time. Hell your PVE/PVP gear doesn't even change. Your on a raid boss fight that's high mobility switch to affliction, are you trying to solo something switch to demo and get a better pet to tank for you, do you want to do daily's and just burst down some targets? switch to destro.

What GC is trying to say is if you have your full toolkit available like that the whole concept of a spec looses meaning. You may as well give pure classes just 1 spec that has everything. The only way to really make those classes unique would be to give them tank and heal specs so that every class could do every roll.
    How is that at all different than now. The only difference is rather than going to town and changing spec you do it on the fly. All it saves is time, nothing more. I already have access to my entire toolkit simply by going to org and spending money and time to change all of it.

The ONLY thing this would prevent is being able to handle any situation without having to leave the area. For example if you're a lock with affliction/destro specs and there is a mob you can't kill except as demo you'd be able to swap to it without missing your shot at that rare because someone will have likely killed it by the time you return. That's the only thing this would stop which to me isn't really a big deal. Whoever gets their first should get the shot, not whoever gets their first and happens to have the right spec at the time.

This whole "makes specs meaningless" is complete BS. Nobody gives a crap about your stupid spec, it's already meaningless with the simple as hell talent system and the ability to change glyphs/talents on the fly with 20s. The only thing it does is remove money from the economy for people who change specs often (this probably doesn't happen anymore) and wastes people's time (having to go to town).

I'd love to see the concept of Tri-Spec, coming ingame. But make it so that you have to earn it.

Quote Originally Posted by Psilar View Post
    GC was not being sarcastic. In a situation where anyone can be anything. Every rogue will be the "right" spec for each boss. Currently, some people like this or some people like that even it's not optimal.

You all need to realize that this is Casual WoW now. The last thing new players need is to be innundated with re-speccing. It's hard enough getting a new player to learn one spec well let alone 2 or 3.

Tri-spec will not happen until class/spec balance is nearly perfect - which it will never be. So /thread
    Plus it makes it easier to stack roles. Just bring only hybrids with tri-spec heal/tank/dps.
    Unsubscribed as of 03/10/2014.

If you dislike where WoW is headed in your mind, quit. Really. Sitting around complaining about "promises" that may or may not have been made isn't doing anything to help your cause. It's just making you look more and more like the constantly complaining and perpetually offended.

Though in Rift, with all of the spec option combinations and the ability to have up to 5 (when last I played), I still only ever used 3, but that 3rd spec I just bought thinking i'd use it, but never did. I miss my Warden.

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    The reality is, classes have 3 talent specs... and not 4, 5, 6 or 7. This could probably happen in your own little world.
    There are 3 base specs yes... but there are multiple variations of each. Even if it's as simple as using a tome of clear mind to swap talents... people don't want to have to carry multiple of those. Also, Druids have 4 specs (guardian, feral, resto, boomkin). Anyway... it's really just a QoL fix that is low on the priority lists of New Features. At least, that's what I assume it is.

Uber Casual | Avatar and Signature by Shyama

I don't feel tri-spec would be a very good idea. What I think they should do instead is let you respec at will (possibly using a tome or something similar) they could store talents and most importantly action bars and keybindings for each of the specs. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but last time I changed my talents at a trainer I had to redo my action bars for that other spec. tri-spec in some form (quad for druids) would let us keep the keybindings through respecs without using addons.
    I don't think this matters nearly as much as you think it does.

I definitely think we should have tri-spec. It wouldn't be 5-6-7-8 now because of the way the new specializations work. Talents/glyphs are cheaply and quickly changed, so you don't need a separate spec for PvP and PvE. There are only 3 specs per class except druids.

I don't agree that changing on the fly is a *bad thing*. I think it is a GREAT thing. It allows you to vary it up and enjoy your class to the fullest. If you are hardcore enough to carry all the right gear for each spec, then a trip to a city isn't that big of a deal. For the regular player, the ability to vary it up- even if you're not the best at each spec- is *very fun*. Again, if you're hardcore enough to change spec to get that extra 1% on a boss, then a trip to the city isn't a big deal. For the average player, the ability to play a different spec for each boss- even if you're not the best at it- is FUN.

I understand the argument that making your spec easy to change makes it feel less of a choice and less "special". On the other hand, a lot of people will limit themselves- they'll say, "I'm an Arcane Mage" and will play arcane 95% of the time. Some people will say "Eh today I'll be fire, tomorrow I'll be frost". Either way people will enjoy their character better....and that's what Blizz should be aiming for.

I don't think we need a third two is enough, stop being lazy it takes 5min to change out the bars.

surprise surprise GC pissing off WoW community

I think they won't add tri-spec because they are going to change the way specs/talents/glyphs work again next expansion, so there is no point to improve the tech when they are going to change it again. with everything being pretty much selecting 7 or 8 checkmarks (spec/talents + new xpac talent) and fill in the other 6 (glyphs), I have a feeling they will combine it all even more.

Something like, instead of being dual specs, you can just have loadout hotswaps, where you select spec/talents/glyphs in some new UI.

Things like the macro system, and the whole spec/talent/glyph UI and functionality need to be rehauled because they seem really old. With stuff like void storage just saving a bunch of item IDs in a database, I feel like they could make it something similar with talents.
    Last edited by Benno; 2013-05-01 at 07:02 PM.

Blizzard stopped finding strong reasons for changes, thay're making to this game, long time ago - somewhere in Cata. First they were trying to find some explanations for the changes, but then they became too lazy to even do it - now they're making changes "just because they want". And it just looks very funny, how carefully GC is trying to find reasons for not implementing tri-spec. Where was his carefulness, when he was making all this changes, that leaded Cata to fail? M? So, stop it! Just stop twisting and implement it already!
    PurePVE Addon: If Blizzard refuses to solve our problems, we will find solutions by ourselves.
    Sorry for my bad english. My signature.(Warning! 9.6Mb gif animation)
    I think it's really easy and even attractive to people to daydream about worst case scenarios┬ęBashiok
    "No flying - no sub" Club "No tiers in LFR - no sub" Club

Quote Originally Posted by S Blieft View Post
    You know, I'm pretty sure it takes more time setting that addon up than is worth it...
    not more than it takes to set up your bars.
    Back in cata, I pretty much had 3 specs: Ret Pve/PvP and Holy PvE. I just saved the action bars with action bar saver and my talents (which isn't an issue anymore right now) with talented.

A third spec would be handy though, as I still have to pay for every respec...
    CPU: I7 2600k @ 3.5GHz - GPU:ASUS DCUIIO GTX680 MOBO: MSI Z68-GD65 G3 - RAM: Kingston 8GB DDR3 - HDD: WD Blue 1TB/WD Green 2TB - CASE: Aerocool Xwarrior - Monitor: Samsung SA300 23" + Medion 23" (2x 1080p) - PSU: Corsair TX 850 - OS: Win7 Ultimate 64

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    And 97% of the Internet knows that 99% of statistics are made up on the spot!

Quote Originally Posted by Urti View Post
    Then they should just drop specs all together. Why have multiples if you don't have to choose between them in any meaningful way? Just do away with specs entirely, throw all the class talents into one big pool available to the whole class, and let everyone devise their own builds.
    You do have to choose between them in a meaningful way. It's obvious for hybrids (tank/dps/heal) but pure DPS classes all have unique flavor to each spec.

They wouldn't need to change anything except to allow each class access to all the specs it can currently use. Instead of seeing two tabs, you'd see three (druids four) with each spec on it. You could choose any of them at any time (as currently allowed) then use the talents and glyphs to customize your build for whatever purpose or game play you want. Using that system, everyone gets access to everything they currently do, without having to deal with going back to a city and paying gold to learn another spec. Provided you have any gear you need and Tomes in your bag, you can fill any role, any time, for any style of gameplay.

I suspect thats the only reason they wouldn't implement this system, is because currently, it's a gold sink.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcor View Post
    True, But there are different things you could do with 7 different specs.

For druids for instance...

PvE Bear
    PvP Bear
    PvE Resto
    PvP Resto
    PvP Kitty
    PvE Kitty
    PvE Boomy
    PvP Boomy

Now I don't avidly PvP...with good reason, It's a cancer I'd rather not touch. But that is just an example
    Given how easy it is to swap out glyphs, I'm not so sure it's worthwhile. That's really the only thing you'd swap switching from PVE to PVP.

You'd be saving 1 or 2 gold on reagents.

Quote Originally Posted by Elapo View Post
    not more than it takes to set up your bars.
    Back in cata, I pretty much had 3 specs: Ret Pve/PvP and Holy PvE. I just saved the action bars with action bar saver and my talents (which isn't an issue anymore right now) with talented.

A third spec would be handy though, as I still have to pay for every respec...
    I don't want to nor do I feel I should have to use an addon to do this. I prefer minimal addons (have Vudo, recount and DBM).