Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    They have 3 specs (4 for druids) but they have dozens of buids. Drud: PvP Resto. PvE Resto. PvP feral. PvE feral. PvP Boomkin. PvE Boomkin... AoE PvP Boomkin... PvP single-target Boomkin... PvP single-target feral... see what I'm getting at?
    you're not getting at anything at all. the only difference between a pvp boomkin and a pve boomkin is the talent/glyph setup which can easily be changed remotely for a tome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Olrox View Post
    100% agree - the guy you quoted seems to base every post he makes in here on "rolls" for gear?

Worrying about "rolls" for gear stops being a problem as soon as you get into LFR and if you are guilded and run your heroics with friends, it should be a non-issue.

That he would advocate not having tri-spec because...people want to roll on dungeon drops? Please.
    Well, let's take it from another perspective then. Let's say we get our Tri-spec. Yay. No longer respeccing and making trips in town to pay to change. Let's go one further, let's say all three specs now use the same gear and glyphs. Now you don't have to do anything but flip a switch.

Let's jump to 90, and leave 5 mans out of the equation. A Druid has a Feral/Boom/Resto combo, but the raid needs a tank. Guess who either needs to switch with a tank or isn't going. A Shammy is now needed for Resto, but that player only wanted Ele/Enhance, and chose not to get Resto (unlikely, but possible), now who is either getting tri-spec or not getting invited. Paladins. I am Prot Only. I don't even have a LOLRet spec. The raid is short a healer and my choice is get tri and heal or go home. Granted, in 10M / 25M situations, most of this can be overcome. But how many priests DPS Disc/Shadow cause they don't want to be Holy? Or Pallies that Prot/Ret to avoid holy. Or Arms/Fury warriors who avoid Prot (and will again with the Shield slam nerf)?

All I'm saying is, one everyone has the chance to be all 3, people will expect you to fulfill all 3 or make you switch specs to accommodate since we all have 3 and we need another healer... or another tank. Once we have tri-specs, it is only a matter of time before gear types unify, and then all specs blend into one, and by the time it is all done, we are now at people saying, "I saw GC said any race can soon be any class and play Horde or Alliance. I can't wait for this to happen. It is long overdue and just makes sense." Change for the sake of change can have long term consequences. Of all the referenced MMOs... how many of those actually "compete" with WoW. I can tell you exactly how many. 0. Cause we all come back to WoW since wow is still the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    As a Paladin, I will say two things;

1) Tri-spec/Quad-Spec/Quint-Spec/Sext-Spec/Sept-Spec/Oct-Spec ASAP
    2) More bag/bank space with less expense (namely the price tag on those huge bags; why not just make more vendor ones and cheaply too?), and cheaper Void Storage for further space.
    On the storage front, i'd settle for about 6 more bag slots on the bank. Cost is not an issue.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

Considering the three specs, having trispec just makes more sense than anything else. Druids can have four, for all I care. But there is no good reason for this not having been done already. They are just doing what they do, not giving players sensible and convenient things they ask for.

10+ Year Old Account
    [QUOTE=rated;20990500]Dual specs ? Why not tri-specs ? 3 specs ? why not 4 specs ? 4 specs ? why not 5 specs ? 5 specs ? why not 6 specs ? 6 specs ? why not 7 specs ?

This would be a problem IF there was still "sub" specs

There really are only 3 specs for each class (4 for druids) in the game. Being able to have "sub" specs died out in Wrath, with Cata nailing the coffin, and MoP burying it 6 feet under. Now, you have spec, and then you have talents/glyphs (which are extremely easy to swap).

That "itll make all rogues feel the same" is, well, bullshit. You can still play only ONE spec per fight/arena/bg, ect. All mut rogues are the same, all sub rogues are the same, all combat rogues are the same, with the exception of talent/glyph choices. Currently, the only thing prevent any pure dps class from being able to play any spec they want at any time, is, well, the inconvience of having to travel, respec, redo action bars, ect. (Sometimes reforging/gemming is needed for that extra 8% damage gain)

There is a good point for tri specs, and quad for Druids. Adding 5, 6, ect, is, well, redundant for the majority of the player base (Unless you keep multiple seperate keybinds for the same spec in different situations, but the average human mind doesnt function well like that)

So, yea. Tri specs for 3 spec ppl, Quad Specs for druids. Add a steep price, like 5k, so that people don't feel like they HAVE to buy/use it, but people who WANT it can get it without too much trouble.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

what would be the point of any specs at all if we could all do everything? we don't need tri-spec. dual spec is more than enough
    'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    Well, let's take it from another perspective then. Let's say we get our Tri-spec. Yay. No longer respeccing and making trips in town to pay to change. Let's go one further, let's say all three specs now use the same gear and glyphs. Now you don't have to do anything but flip a switch.

Let's jump to 90, and leave 5 mans out of the equation. A Druid has a Feral/Boom/Resto combo, but the raid needs a tank. Guess who either needs to switch with a tank or isn't going. A Shammy is now needed for Resto, but that player only wanted Ele/Enhance, and chose not to get Resto (unlikely, but possible), now who is either getting tri-spec or not getting invited. Paladins. I am Prot Only. I don't even have a LOLRet spec. The raid is short a healer and my choice is get tri and heal or go home. Granted, in 10M / 25M situations, most of this can be overcome. But how many priests DPS Disc/Shadow cause they don't want to be Holy? Or Pallies that Prot/Ret to avoid holy. Or Arms/Fury warriors who avoid Prot (and will again with the Shield slam nerf)?

All I'm saying is, one everyone has the chance to be all 3, people will expect you to fulfill all 3 or make you switch specs to accommodate since we all have 3 and we need another healer... or another tank. Once we have tri-specs, it is only a matter of time before gear types unify, and then all specs blend into one, and by the time it is all done, we are now at people saying, "I saw GC said any race can soon be any class and play Horde or Alliance. I can't wait for this to happen. It is long overdue and just makes sense." Change for the sake of change can have long term consequences. Of all the referenced MMOs... how many of those actually "compete" with WoW. I can tell you exactly how many. 0. Cause we all come back to WoW since wow is still the best.
    All of these respeccing options already exist to players the only difference is now they take a few minutes to fly to the trainer and to reconfigure your action bars. Taking you example of a druid, although there is an overlap in gear for resto/balance and for feral/guardian a resto druid cannot perform well as a feral nor can a guardian fulfil the role of balance without gear. No one is going to ask a prot paladin to go holy if they do not have gear and why would anyone ask a disc priest to go holy when in most situations they can perform their roles equally well?

Why is a bad thing if gear types unify? The option to explore more facets of your character without the need for months of grind is surely a good thing, is it not?

Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    You know, I'm pretty sure there's addons for that.
    Addons to manage keybinds, talents and glyphs would be nowhere near as effective as the current spec system implemented by Blizzard. On top of that, you'll have to visit a class trainer every time you want to switch your class specialization. Multi-spec data is all stored server side which is an advantage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutaattori View Post
    I personally don't trust anything that GC states, because he doesn't even know that rogues have blanket silence.
    Rogues have a 1.5 (3.5) second silence, thats either on an A) 2 min CD, or B) 1 min CD, and it costs them 40 energy to use. Mages have a free(!) 3 second blanket silence on a 24 second CD. Warlocks also have a free(!) 3 second blanket silence, same CD. DKs have a 5(7) second silence on a 1 min CD, is ranged, and only costs 1 blood rune. Druids can glyph into a 3 second, 30 s CD blanket silence. Monks have a free(!) 2 second blanket silence on a 15(!) second CD. Finally, Priests have a free(!) 5 second silence on a 45 second CD.

And you complain about a very situational silence that requires a glyph spot in order to actually be worth using..
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Wouldn't it be nice if Blizzard added a spec/glyph/talent manager interface like the equipment manager? While they might only allow 3-4 keybind saves, it would be nice to be able to save several sets of glyphs/talents for different bosses, arena comps, etc.

Blizzard's reasoning of "we gave 2, why not 3... gave 3, why not 4... gave 4, why not 5, etc." is an example of slippery slope logic used to deter people from continually asking the question.

Blizzard, you gave 1, why 2? Hell, why give 1? See, it goes both ways.

I imagine, eventually it will be similar to D3, and you will be able to change your little talents whenever you want, as long as you aren't in combat.

I'd understand the "zomg slippery slope, 20 spec!!" bullshit if this was cata where you had to go and respec between a pvp and pve build

but we are in mop...

But how many priests DPS Disc/Shadow cause they don't want to be Holy? Or Pallies that Prot/Ret to avoid holy. Or Arms/Fury warriors who avoid Prot (and will again with the Shield slam nerf)?
    yes currently when you go prot/ret there is no way for you to go holy if the guild demands it

all tri spec would do is make cases where you are demanded to or want to switch to a third spec easier and save you a walk to the nearest trainer, some gold and reconfiguring your bars (unless you use that addon that saves them)

it would be a QoL change nothing more
    also guilds in general don't force joe prot who has never healed in his life and didn't get a single piece of holy gear to go holy, but if he wants to try out holy now for a dungeon or something he has to go and drop one of his current spec
    but I guess a visit to the class trainer is our last line of defense against them dirty casuals taking over

I think they need to remove dual spec and trainer respec.

I think all your 3 specs should have their own keybinds and action bars and you could switch on the go with only talents and glyph to mingle with (only cost tome of cheap-ass which should be currency instead of items)

That would leave trainers useless, but I guess they could be used as a cheaper way to reset glyphs/talents

Quote Originally Posted by whatthefudge View Post
    I'd love to hear you elaborate on this moronic statement.
    Maybe all the blueposts of him misunderstanding, misconstruing, all right lying or dismissing concerns might prove Tommo right.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

more specs = more choices of game play. isnt that what blizz is constantly pushing?
    more specs = less time respeccing for specific encounters/pvp. this equals more time of getting to actually PLAY the game and makes it not a resource hog (gold costs add up).
    more specs = happier player base. look at the forums. the VASTE majority of players want it. why not give it? the reasons stated so far are pointless.
    more specs = more players learning more about their classes and being able to explore more easily the varying aspects of their classes (i.e. hybrids)

rogues? that is the response? gg GC

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Rogues have a 1.5 (3.5) second silence, thats either on an A) 2 min CD, or B) 1 min CD, and it costs them 40 energy to use. Mages have a free(!) 3 second blanket silence on a 24 second CD. Warlocks also have a free(!) 3 second blanket silence, same CD. DKs have a 5(7) second silence on a 1 min CD, is ranged, and only costs 1 blood rune. Druids can glyph into a 3 second, 30 s CD blanket silence. Monks have a free(!) 2 second blanket silence on a 15(!) second CD. Finally, Priests have a free(!) 5 second silence on a 45 second CD.

And you complain about a very situational silence that requires a glyph spot in order to actually be worth using..
    I ain't complaining about it, I am just saying that I don't trust GC on anything because it seems that he doesn't even know the abilities the classes have.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Q: When do hunters get to tame druids?
    A: Right after druids get a hunter form.

Quote Originally Posted by Keny View Post
    Dual specs ? Why not tri-specs ? 3 specs ? why not 4 specs ? 4 specs ? why not 5 specs ? 5 specs ? why not 6 specs ? 6 specs ? why not 7 specs ?Dual specs ? Why not tri-specs ? 3 specs ? why not 4 specs ? 4 specs ? why not 5 specs ? 5 specs ? why not 6 specs ? 6 specs ? why not 7 specs ?Dual specs ? Why not tri-specs ? 3 specs ? why not 4 specs ? 4 specs ? why not 5 specs ? 5 specs ? why not 6 specs ? 6 specs ? why not 7 specs ?Dual specs ? Why not tri-specs ? 3 specs ? why not 4 specs ? 4 specs ? why not 5 specs ? 5 specs ? why not 6 specs ? 6 specs ? why not 7 specs ?Dual specs ? Why not tri-specs ? 3 specs ? why not 4 specs ? 4 specs ? why not 5 specs ? 5 specs ? why not 6 specs ? 6 specs ? why not 7 specs ?Dual specs ? Why not tri-specs ? 3 specs ? why not 4 specs ? 4 specs ? why not 5 specs ? 5 specs ? why not 6 specs ? 6 specs ? why not 7 specs ?Dual specs ? Why not tri-specs ? 3 specs ? why not 4 specs ? 4 specs ? why not 5 specs ? 5 specs ? why not 6 specs ? 6 specs ? why not 7 specs ?

THIS, STOP COMPLAINING A_L_L THE TIME
    Except you didn't answer the question. Why not all those things? Where's the harm? Hmm? THERE'S NO HARM, THAT'S WHY.

Ooh look I can do it too! THERE'S NO HARM, THAT'S WHY.THERE'S NO HARM, THAT'S WHY.THERE'S NO HARM, THAT'S WHY.THERE'S NO HARM, THAT'S WHY.THERE'S NO HARM, THAT'S WHY.THERE'S NO HARM, THAT'S WHY.THERE'S NO HARM, THAT'S WHY.THERE'S NO HARM, THAT'S WHY.THERE'S NO HARM, THAT'S WHY.THERE'S NO HARM, THAT'S WHY.THERE'S NO HARM, THAT'S WHY.THERE'S NO HARM, THAT'S WHY.THERE'S NO HARM, THAT'S WHY.THERE'S NO HARM, THAT'S WHY.THERE'S NO HARM, THAT'S WHY.THERE'S NO HARM, THAT'S WHY.THERE'S NO HARM, THAT'S WHY.THERE'S NO HARM, THAT'S WHY.THERE'S NO HARM, THAT'S WHY.THERE'S NO HARM, THAT'S WHY.THERE'S NO HARM, THAT'S WHY.THERE'S NO HARM, THAT'S WHY.THERE'S NO HARM, THAT'S WHY.THERE'S NO HARM, THAT'S WHY.THERE'S NO HARM, THAT'S WHY.THERE'S NO HARM, THAT'S WHY.THERE'S NO HARM, THAT'S WHY.THERE'S NO HARM, THAT'S WHY.THERE'S NO HARM, THAT'S WHY.THERE'S NO HARM, THAT'S WHY.THERE'S NO HARM, THAT'S WHY.THERE'S NO HARM, THAT'S WHY.THERE'S NO HARM, THAT'S WHY.THERE'S NO HARM, THAT'S WHY.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rift doesn't have this problem. Everyone's happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcor View Post
    True, But there are different things you could do with 7 different specs.

For druids for instance...

PvE Bear
    PvP Bear
    PvE Resto
    PvP Resto
    PvP Kitty
    PvE Kitty
    PvE Boomy
    PvP Boomy

Now I don't avidly PvP...with good reason, It's a cancer I'd rather not touch. But that is just an example
    LOL I've never heard such rubbish.

If you want more specs, just play the modded private realm version of the game when they finally stop developing it.
    "It's clear this is another bash Apple thread. Such things are not conducive to a good discussion."

WRONG! Those are the BEST discussions!