Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    1. Yep, agree.

2. It does not end at three. There is an active push that is in fact gaining steam for Blizz to add a 4th spec to each class.

3. It's a QoL change unless you refuse to go tank/healer/dps and cannot find a raiding guild because of it.

2. If they add 4th specs for every class like the druid, I would welcome a quad-spec. Until then it is pointless.

3. Don't join bad guilds and/or learn different parts of your class. Besides, can't they do that now?

Specialization is the only thing you have to go back to a trainer to reset. You can use a book to reset glyphs and talents so you really only need 3 specs since thats where the majority of your spells come from.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox2042 View Post
    Specialization is the only thing you have to go back to a trainer to reset. You can use a book to reset glyphs and talents so you really only need 3 specs since thats where the majority of your spells come from.
    Apparently a lot of the naysayers think that we want multiple specs for each talent and glyph combination. If you are currently using a Dual Spec with 2 of the same specializations/trees. Please slap yourself ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by rated View Post
    Dual specs ? Why not tri-specs ? 3 specs ? why not 4 specs ? 4 specs ? why not 5 specs ? 5 specs ? why not 6 specs ? 6 specs ? why not 7 specs ?

This would happen.
    No and come on. There are 3 specs all classes can spec. Not 7. There is not even anyway to make 7 variations of specs anymore, considering how easy it is to change talents on the fly. This argument is completely null.

I have a paladin. Its specs are prot and ret. The only thing stopping me from having a holy spec, isn't even the gear. Its not even the talents. Its the fact i can't be bothered to change all my spec abilities on my bars around. A tri-spec would solve this.

Blizzards argument doesn't even make sense. What difference does it make if rogues can change between all 3 specs? It's not like all 3 specs are even viable for PvE (viable isn't the correct word, i mean rogues only pick 1 spec for pve).
    Last edited by Xucuroz; 2013-05-02 at 12:03 AM.
    We are warriors, born from the light
    An army for freedom, defenders of life
    Warriors, euphoria will rise
    Returning from darkness we bury all lies

Good now you damn people can STFU about tri-spec. You dont need it, let it go. Pick two specs and deal, if you are too afraid to use gold to respec, be less poor and make more gold.

Tri Spec would definitely increase Pvp and Pve activity imo. I know for myself Being a healer I have to either choose to pve dps or pvp, for off spec. Having "tri-spec" I could do all three!

Quote Originally Posted by Sindrasa View Post
    Aye. I've gotta say it seemed like a lazy discision, on my paladin i've managed to get gear for all three specs (Greed rolls in dungeons and random scenario loot) but i can only use my prot/ret spec gear due to me not being able to have a third spec.

I'd like to try holy out but not at the expense of my other specs and having to rebind all my spells when i switch back...
    much like your decision to not run to the talent trainer and respec?

as for your key binding situation, its really not that difficult to set up addons to take care of that for you. not to mention, if you're already jumping specs, why not one more? too lazy to do it? to much work? thats called laziness, so dont go and point fingers about someone else being lazy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crym View Post
    To me there's a huge difference in giving more classes abilities that are all but "mandatory" for a team be the intended strength in raid/arena settings and giving players a third build. Balancing content around a team having raid wide buffs or powerful debuffs and not at the same time doesn't work very well.

However, with the ability to switch between talents with an easy to obtain item at any time and respec at the drop of some gold in your capital city there's not a lot of reason to resist tri-specs either. It just also isn't a balancing concern the way certain class specific team effects/debuffs were.

My guess is that they want to preserve it just because it's an effective gold sink for players to buy the tomes or something.
    Tomes are, what, 35 s each? 100 is 30.5 g... Yea, thats not a gold sink. Heck, even respeccing, since they capped it at 66 gold, isnt that much of a goldsink- do 5 dailies and you have enough gold to respec. No, what respeccing is is a time sink, more or less. Spend about 5 mins having to redrag all the action bars, redo UI, ect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    The reality is, classes have 3 talent specs... and not 4, 5, 6 or 7. This could probably happen in your own little world.
    Druids say hello

Quote Originally Posted by Desh View Post
    Rift doesn't have this problem. Everyone's happy.
    True, but the mentality of players and the game itself is different. You aren't expected to have a multiple alts, you use the multiple souls to fill every role, you switch like nothing, they provide game elements that encourage you to play different soul combination, they don't punish you for example making you grind AP and SP gear with your Cleric (using it as an example), yes there are different stats that are better for a healer, range or melee dps as Cleric but you can basically use the same gear and be fine with whatever you want. This is hard to sell in WoW because there are classes in this game that only provide one role, so the mentality of the players developed to different areas. Like hating the idea of tank or heal even if you class is capable of doing it.

Or put from other perspective in Rift you have one calling that holds multiple WoW classes, when you choose a calling you are getting multiple gameplays in one, in WoW to get multiple gameplays you either play a hybrid that you need to gear each spec by itself or make an alt for each gameplay that you want to play.

I would rather don't have to farm gear for each spec and have the chance to play everything that the class that I choose can offer by re-speccing, but that is just for QoL doesn't give something to the table, no to WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    1. Yep, agree.

2. It does not end at three. There is an active push that is in fact gaining steam for Blizz to add a 4th spec to each class.

3. It's a QoL change unless you refuse to go tank/healer/dps and cannot find a raiding guild because of it.
    I find your signature to be, well.. odd. Tri-spec hasn't even been implemented yet. The only thing there is, well, a single spell that says "active third speciliazation". Theres plenty of files in the game that are YEARS old and haven't been implemented at all. So, why would you quit over something that isn't even AVAILABLE on the PTR?
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

If Blizz wanted Uniqueness why get rid of the Hybrids, why spit the Druids into a 4th tree, why majorly simplify the spec to only 3 options which will just make 99% of the players exactly the same anyways.

they should remove dual spec

Who the hell cares about being a rogue and not being the complete same as rogue number 2, because rogue number 2 has sub and combat while you have sub and assasination... might aswell f**king give us Tri-spec, that excuse is the worst one i've ever seen... It doesn't make any sense from a gameplay perspective at all to not have tri-spec at this point, at least give us the abillity to save diffrent spell setup pages for bars so u dont have to redo them each and every time u respec!!

Being a raiding Mage is extremely annyoing when it comes to this, because Fire and Arcane have always taken turns in being the best, and for some fights Fire is far superious to Arcane, and so the other f**king way around!!! I want to play Frost in PvP also, but i have to go through all the goddamn annoyance for setting up bars each time, even paying abit of gold, not that it is the largest issue but hey, F**k our lives.
    *Waiting for Artifact Knowledge work orders*

Why not just have quad-spec? Or ten-spec? Or one million specs?

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    So what you are arguing for is inconvenience?
    No, I'm arguing for players to have to make a decision, however trivial and inconsequential that might be. Horrifying, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Nixxy View Post
    Slippery slope fallacy.
    Spend long enough on the forums, and you'll realize it's not a fallacy at all.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Spend long enough on the forums, and you'll realize it's not a fallacy at all.
    You're not gonna get tri-spec, learn to deal with it.

if they introduce tri specs they need to give 4 to druids

While the idea of monks having heroism sounds great (from the OP), and while some people probably could use tri-spec, I'm not one of them; I have no intention of tanking or healing on my monk, all I do is DPS and haven't even bothered getting dual spec. On my rogue, it'd be even more wasted; while I did get dual spec before to have one as a pvp spec pre-MoP, nowdays it's nothing a simple talent/glyph change can't do, and I see no reason to have all 3 specs of rogues available since Sub is wasted in pve for the most part, not to mention then paying to reforge everything.