The Moons of Outland

I was afk flyin in Nagrand, when i noticed, shockingly, for the first time the Moon that is there...

So i searched and found this...

(from http://wow.joystiq.com/2007/10/03/ar...thats-no-moon/)
    with the explanation "It has a large moon called the Pale Lady by the orcs, and which can still be seen in the sky in Hellfire, Netherstorm, and Blade's Edge. The moon is now a duller brown color compared to its luminous white hue when Outland was Draenor."
    (from http://www.wowwiki.com/Outland)

Are these 2 planets/moons the same place? is the first pic the duller brown version of Azeroth, which is the planet in the 2nd pic?
    So many questions lol, any lore buffs out there that know the score?
    Link to bigger Azeroth pic
    Last edited by CheeseSandwich; 2013-05-01 at 05:45 PM.
    "These so called speed humps are a joke. If anything, they slow you down. "

The second planet you see is actually Azeroth. You can see it from the top of the Black Temple.

yeah i know the 2nd pic is Azeroth, so what is the 1st pic? Just a moon of Outland? The wowwiki description is similar to the first pic, are they the same place?

Just a moon. It doesn't look like a terrestial planet at all.

Deleted
    Since Draenor blew up, the remaining Outland drifts inside the Void. It is in a way not in our reality, but drifting. This is why you see Azeroth at the Dark Temple, because Outland shows some of the worlds it's come in contact with, probably through portals. The brown planet may be the same. And so can the purple one (think you can see that from Nagrand too... if not try Hellfire). They can be distant worlds that have once come in contact with Outland through portals.

The first picture is probably another planet.

That said, now that skybox has gotten the attention of MMO-Champion forumgoers, I'd just like to say how the skybox always takes my breath away. Whenever I look at it, I wish I could just mount up and fly right to the planet.

Oh, if only..

Thanks for the awesome sig, Lady Amuno.

Deleted
    The second planet is Azeroth.

Like mentioned, that is not a moon.

When Draenor was destroyed what was left of it was sucked into a pocket of the Twisting Nether. This is the only reason we can do things like breath and walk normally, considering the planet itself no longer exists in normal space. Because it exists in this pocket, looking at the sky allows you to sometimes get glimpse of areas out in the universe. Hellfire, for instance, shows a whole slew of different planets.

Those that look into the sky over the Black Temple can even see Azeroth. This does not mean Outland is now a moon of Azeroth, but just that sky over the Black Temple is glimpsing through the Twisting Nether to the location that Azeroth is right now floating in space, like a cosmic window.

Quote Originally Posted by Grocalis View Post
    snip
    great explanation, clears up alot. tyvm!!

Quote Originally Posted by Yogg-Saron, God of Death View Post

That said, now that skybox has gotten the attention of MMO-Champion forumgoers, I'd just like to say how the skybox always takes my breath away. Whenever I look at it, I wish I could just mount up and fly right to the planet.

Oh, if only..

agreed! i'd love to have been able to visit them
    'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'

Quote Originally Posted by Yogg-Saron, God of Death View Post

Oh, if only..
    Yeah I remember when I first got to outland and saw the sky and I was like ohhh wow so pretty! To this day my favorite sky is Nagrand, I love the floating waterfalls and that planet is so pretty. I sometimes go there at night just to enjoy the view

Thanks to Shyama for this beautiful signature <3

Is Azeroth also what we see behind Illidan in the cinematic for Burning Crusade?

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...ps151e02dd.jpg