Resto and Absorbs

So I've been having this debate with a friend of mine about why absorbs are so overpowering to resto druids.

I can't seem to put it in a way that convinces him. I was wondering if anyone here could put it into words that I can explain to him.

His thoughts are that HPals absorbs are not out of control and absorbs are more of a disc playing field.

Looking forward to hearing everyone put some input on this subject.

Absorbs never go to waste(it's more like a health buff), HoTs are almost guaranteed to overheal

Absorbs = Preventing damage from happening in the first place. Which is why Resto Druids suck in 10s with Hpala/Disc since Disc/Hpala just causes so much damage to be absorbed the druid can just afk/dps
    Last edited by Tehterokkar; 2013-05-01 at 07:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Disc priest bubbles are like the eggs for the cheap toys in vending machines: they each protect one thing.
    Pally bubbles are like a spray can full of rubber: they partially protect everything in reach, and do it better the longer they are held there.

So, when you heal against a disc priest they can pre bubble (spirit shell) all of the incoming burst damage. This gives them a large hps boost while all the hots (assuming everyone is topped off) we have on players go to overhealing. The same goes for paladins.

When there are short periods of burst damage, when healing with absorb classes druids should not do too well.

However, when the fight has more sustained damage or there is more damage coming more frequently then short burst. Our hots out perform absorb classes and we can shine. Basically, the less over healing done the better we perform.

I guess I feel like Primordius is a great fight for us right now. Only fight where I am able to really shine. But to do so I still end up with around 50% OH on RJ. 40% OH Total.

easy answer link your over healing

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricoxagain View Post
    I guess I feel like Primordius is a great fight for us right now. Only fight where I am able to really shine. But to do so I still end up with around 50% OH on RJ. 40% OH Total.
    you will shine on tortos heroic