Why doesn't Megadestroyer get any love?

I started back up a month ago and have been doing all the chest events I can.

I've seen multiple notifications from guildies and folks in Lion's Arch when the various events come up.

I have never seen Lion's Arch or my guild for that matter give a notification for Megadestroyer. As a result, I have never done the encounter.

Why is this enemy avoided? Is there some fail condition linked to an NPC made out of glass?

I don't know about other servers, but on mine (Gandara) he doesn't get done often because the timers are always off apparently.
    ''The only true failure is when you stop trying''.

It's a fun event chain too. Part of it is that the bonus chest was never included in this so a lot of people won't care about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    It's a fun event chain too. Part of it is that the bonus chest was never included in this so a lot of people won't care about it.
    That is probably the answer. Though I thought every event on that timer website has a chest.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    That's pretty much why people don't drop everything to do it and why few update the timer on it. I did see a dev post within the last couple weeks that said they would look at getting the bonus chest update on this boss.

I've done the event a bunch of times, it's good fun. Anytime I'm Mount Maelstrom and someone calls out on mapchat that it's up I jump in.
    Who knows more of gods than I? Horse gods and fire gods, gods made of gold with gemstone eyes, gods carved of cedar wood, gods chiseled into mountains, gods of empty air... I know them all.
    ~Euron "Crow's Eye" Greyjoy

Well, before the bonus chest, while all the other bosses got their chests buffed to almost dropping at least 1 rare everytime, Megadestroyers chest was not buffed. People kinda lost interest in him which is really a shame as he's probably a better fight then most of the bosses. He also has a fail condition so yeah..