breath of hydra for ele?

it still not dropped in my grp, i heard that sometime the proc rate is totally ridiculous, on some of my friends lock, so on ele with only one dot? the proc is still good? thx for your reply!

p.s asking this becuz i know breath and the trinket of dark animus are my BiS*

With how rppm trinkets work, as long as you have a dot ticking at least every 10 seconds, the uptime should be (theoretically) roughly the same whether you're an ele shaman or an aff lock.

Quote Originally Posted by Namana View Post
    With how rppm trinkets work, as long as you have a dot ticking at least every 10 seconds, the uptime should be (theoretically) roughly the same whether you're an ele shaman or an aff lock.
    alright i see, thx for your answer

Deleted
    It's currently simmed out to be BiS for Elementals in addition to the Council trinket (wushoolay or whatever the name is)

i've been having 33.1% 31% with heroic BoTH in raids tonight when i checked my buff uptimes, so safe to say it's damn amazing even for ele and procs loads.

Quote Originally Posted by Telefonorm View Post
    It's currently simmed out to be BiS for Elementals in addition to the Council trinket (wushoolay or whatever the name is)
    wushoolay give too much hit, we are already overhit cap, that the main problem of this trinket, so its for that i want get breath of hydra + cheya brillance(dark animus one)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ruggleee View Post
    wushoolay give too much hit, we are already overhit cap, that the main problem of this trinket, so its for that i want get breath of hydra + cheya brillance(dark animus one)
    I'm at 527 ilvl and still isn't hitcapped until i reforge/gem. It it very tight this tier though. I'm also using the DA trinket atm and the difference is pretty minor, but when it comes down to maximising wushoolay currently wins. (Unless there is no way you can't get rid of the hit)

Quote Originally Posted by Telefonorm View Post
    I'm at 527 ilvl and still isn't hitcapped until i reforge/gem. It it very tight this tier though. I'm also using the DA trinket atm and the difference is pretty minor, but when it comes down to maximising wushoolay currently wins. (Unless there is no way you can't get rid of the hit)
    i dont say that this a bad trinket overall, even i have 5-6 elemental shaman(from top world guild) where i check their armory pretty often, and not one of them have wushoolay, and for this reason to be overhit cap, pretty sure

i dont say that this a bad trinket overall, even i have 5-6 elemental shaman(from top world guild) where i check their armory pretty often, and not one of them have wushoolay, and for this reason to be overhit cap, pretty sure
    Perhaps, but most people aren't downing heroic bosses left and right. I do agree it has a lot of hit, but I know for me, I need to reforge/gem to get to the hit cap still. /shrug.

Quote Originally Posted by sTyLnK View Post
    Perhaps, but most people aren't downing heroic bosses left and right. I do agree it has a lot of hit, but I know for me, I need to reforge/gem to get to the hit cap still. /shrug.
    im agree with this, i would certainly get this trinket if it drop in heroic over a normal cheya brillance on dark animus or if i get lot of items with no hit on it, it can be very reliable

There was a heroic BiS profile listed on Totemspot that actually has wushoolays as BiS. This is dependent on what your gear is like though and what off set piece you choose to go with.

http://www.totemspot.com/vb/showthread.php?t=6953

Quote Originally Posted by Intrepid1 View Post
    There was a heroic BiS profile listed on Totemspot that actually has wushoolays as BiS. This is dependent on what your gear is like though and what off set piece you choose to go with.

http://www.totemspot.com/vb/showthread.php?t=6953
    yeah i remember have seen that

Deleted
    it still not dropped in my grp, i heard that sometime the proc rate is totally ridiculous, on some of my friends lock, so on ele with only one dot? the proc is still good? thx for your reply!
    I was fortunate enough to get the heroic thundeforged version of this trinket from a bonus roll. Aside from spending enough time out of combat to ensure that the trinket procs within the first few seconds of the fight to ensure it is up for ascendance and making sure that you refresh flame shock with the legendary meta proc up, there's nothing much you can do other than crossing your fingers and hoping for it to proc.

Perhaps worth mentioning that it's necessary to keep a flame shock up, even during spam AoE periods.
    Last edited by mmoc63ce2a1ad0; 2013-05-03 at 09:51 PM.

Silly question, but right now I have that normal wushoolay trinket (522) and the valor trinket (522). How would LFR breath of hydra (502) compare to the valor trinket (522)? I've had no luck on LFR or normal. If I did end up getting, say, the LFR, would it be okay to replace the valor trinket? Quite a drop ilvl wise, but I'm curious how it stacks up. It can't be that bad, can it? Figured I'd throw it out there in case I do end up getting the LFR down the road before the normal.