1. #1

    Affliction Viable (RBG)

    Im thinking about comming back to the game. When i stopped affliction was kinda poo in PvP. So i was wondering how affliction is looking atm and is looking towards 5.3. My main focus would be Rated BGs and maybe some 2v2 with a Druid friend of mine.

  2. #2
    Most people I face in RBGs are destro, at least 80-90%. The reason is lots of damage in short window, when CCs etc align and bam, targets go down.

    Faced a few high rated teams (2.2k+at least) with affliction locks. They were quite nifty with the dispel protection from UA on kill targets etc. Done properly they scored a few unexpected kills and can work out just fine.

  3. #3
    Legendary! Korgoth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Barbaria
    Posts
    6,135
    You can get into a group just saying you are a warlock, then they'd probably not notice what spec you are, and as long as the scoreboard shows you high on damage and kills, doubtful they'd kick.

    But Destro is better.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

  4. #4
    unless you are heavy dot based specs with you, destro will be better- more spread damage, far better burst and better survivability. unless you comp is needing the dispel protection from ua, destro is the spec to go.
    Stormspellz -mugthol
    Battletag - Stormz#1438

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    You can get into a group just saying you are a warlock, then they'd probably not notice what spec you are, and as long as the scoreboard shows you high on damage and kills, doubtful they'd kick.

    But Destro is better.
    sometimes i think you feed off of giving bad advice, like you literally sit down to post on the forums with a knife and fork.

    any decent group would notice seconds in if you were playing aff.. and if you play aff there is almost no chance you'd lead the boards over destro given the same skill level and gear. not to mention F+B stopping nod caps, etc.

    destro is 100% better rbgs outside of specifically designed dot rbg comps which are rarer than flying saucers in mop, the aoe is better and the single targ burst is better. just play destro with man's fury and that's it.. no 'maybe no one will notice..'.
    Last edited by Lulbalance; 2013-05-01 at 09:51 PM.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shahada View Post
    The devs aren't stupid.

  6. #6
    Pandaren Monk
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    1,951
    If you do, don't be a noob warlock. Have a 2nd spec that is Demo with Dark Apotheosis, especially next patch. In 5.3, locks may be the new FC.

    Edit: Add one more to the Destro camp. Destro > Afflic in pretty much everything right now.

  7. #7
    Herald of the Titans TheGravemind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    CAIRO STATION UNSCDF-ODAI42
    Posts
    2,584
    Destro/Aff are both viable and great specs, as someone who has been a lot of RBGs for all of MoP, it ultimately depends on what comp the other team has. If they're running triple MW monk healer, then UA will be the best spec, for ex (for dispel protection versus Revival.)

  8. #8
    Aff replaces a shadow priest, not a destro lock. The destro lock is there to take people out. Aff does not do that.

    Take everlasting affliction glyph. You are there to apply UA and provide CC and dispel protection. You should fear dozens of times. Use the succy to seduce and control healers. Hell, even use service to do it twice. Interestingly, it's a very supportive role, something that's not generally thought of as a role in RBGs.

  9. #9
    Pandaren Monk
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    1,951
    Quote Originally Posted by jtth View Post
    Aff replaces a shadow priest, not a destro lock. The destro lock is there to take people out. Aff does not do that.

    Take everlasting affliction glyph. You are there to apply UA and provide CC and dispel protection. You should fear dozens of times. Use the succy to seduce and control healers. Hell, even use service to do it twice. Interestingly, it's a very supportive role, something that's not generally thought of as a role in RBGs.
    Should probably use Supremacy for that. Mesmerize doesn't DR with fear, and I'm pretty sure seduce does. Sure support is a role in RBG's, someone needs to actually CC the other team while the Frost DK goes ham, lol. It's all about the Fear bombing on cooldown, fearing, and Mezzing a healer constantly.

  10. #10
    Destro is OP as shiiiet in RBG's atm, you'll never get accepted as Affli

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUntsAhts View Post
    Should probably use Supremacy for that. Mesmerize doesn't DR with fear, and I'm pretty sure seduce does. Sure support is a role in RBG's, someone needs to actually CC the other team while the Frost DK goes ham, lol. It's all about the Fear bombing on cooldown, fearing, and Mezzing a healer constantly.
    mesmerize DOES DR with fear..more mis-information. can you imagine if it didnt?! almost 30 secs of self imposed cc. lol

    although i think the majority has it down already.. destro is theRBG spec as general rule. i wont even put 'imo' infront of that because it's a fact :/.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shahada View Post
    The devs aren't stupid.

  12. #12
    Destro does higher overall damage AND higher burst damage. This creates higher burst damage and throws healers into a panick.

    Popping all cd's -> ROF -> FNB Immo -> FNB Conflag x2 -> Havoc CB -> CBx 20 does so much AOE dmg and single target damage that its a little ridiculous.

    When you set up ROF and FNB Immo with your cd's up, you have infinite embers for awhile due to crit ticks generating extra embers. You can chain cast CB's. Just make sure you refresh FNB Immo and ROF at the very end of your DS, and you can cast CB all day.

  13. #13
    Destro is much better atm. Your twos games will last forever as affliction. Just learn to play destro at a high level and you will have fun taking massive chunks of HP our at a time.

  14. #14
    No point in affli for RBGs simply becouse RoFprovides insane amount of embers in BG enviroment allowing you chain chaosbolts when going for a kill or simply use them to cleave groups of ppls providing aoe preassure.

  15. #15
    Pandaren Monk
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    1,951
    Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post
    mesmerize DOES DR with fear..more mis-information. can you imagine if it didnt?! almost 30 secs of self imposed cc. lol

    although i think the majority has it down already.. destro is theRBG spec as general rule. i wont even put 'imo' infront of that because it's a fact :/.
    I'm 99% sure it's a disorient, not a fear.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •