Heroic LK 25, How to roll the lockout

Can anyone help??

I finally got around to finishing my Shadowmourne on an alt a few weeks ago, and decided that I would run ICC one more time on that toon, saving it through 11/12 on normal. That way I could bring my main in, take the lockout, set it to 25 Heroic, and do LK only, every week, from then on.

The wife and I did it last week, but now, for the life of me, I can't remember how we did it, and keep running into "You have entered too many instances recently." Doh.

I could've sworn the steps we took went like this:

Log on Pali. Extend raid lockout. Set to 10 Normal. Enter instance and get the warning that I'm entering an instance that has killed 11/12, and if a boss is killed, will be saved.

Invite wife to raid. She enters instance, and gets the same warning. I pass her raid lead, then I leave the instance, log out, and back on to my main. She invites my main, kicks my pali. I enter the instance on my main, get the same warning.

Now, what I REMEMBER is that at that point, I hold the instance open while she leaves the instance in order to set to 25 Heroic. But today, when she comes back in it's a fresh instance. Clearly this is where I'm screwing this up.

I know there are people out there who have been doing this every week for a long time, and I know I made it work last week. Can someone please give me the "you're-a-retard-and-need-to-have-your-hand-held" breakdown??

Deleted
    The instance needs to be in heroic mode when your wife gets in to get saved. If she enters while it's in normal mode, she won't get a raid lockout.

Deleted
    What I do is: Have an alt with 11/12 normal lockout (no need for this person to enter the raid as long as it is the one that created the group), enter the raid and get the "this is a 11/12 lockout" and then accept that, go out, get leader, switch to 25HC, enter raid and then let the alt used for the lockout relogg, without leaving the raid group.

Deleted
    why don´t you just set to 25normal instead of 10normal? no need for leaving the instance for switching to 25HC and lockout will be still there.

thats how i´m doing it:
    log on a twink with 11/12 lockout, setting raid to 25man, entering the raid while already in group with someone, then leave the raid but stay in group with this twink until my main got invited. when both, my main and the second guy are in the raid, I kick the twink out of the raid in order to prevent id overwriting on this twink (don´t know how it happened, but last week my twink got the 12/12 HC lockout although he was offline)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyna View Post
    why don´t you just set to 25normal instead of 10normal? no need for leaving the instance for switching to 25HC and lockout will be still there.

thats how i´m doing it:
    log on a twink with 11/12 lockout, setting raid to 25man, entering the raid while already in group with someone, then leave the raid but stay in group with this twink until my main got invited. when both, my main and the second guy are in the raid, I kick the twink out of the raid in order to prevent id overwriting on this twink (don´t know how it happened, but last week my twink got the 12/12 HC lockout although he was offline)
    This is pretty much what I do, killing LK with 4 characters a week.

Ok, thanks for the inputs everyone. We got it figured out.

I got on the Pali, set to 25 Normal. Invited Wife. She went inside. I logged over to Main and went inside. Then Wife went out and set to 25 Heroic (she was unable to set to heroic while inside), went back in, and it was good to go (11/12 25 Heroic). I had to leave and reenter the instance, but then I was good too. Kicked Pali from raid, cleared H LK, and the mount did not drop. Logged back onto Pali, and he still had the 10 Normal 11/12 lockout, unaffected by our shenanigans. Ready for next week.

Thanks again for the help.

Not working anymore after 5.3?? I was doing before, tryed now, I can't change from normal to Heroic without the guy that extended inside the raid. If anyone know how still do this I would like to know.
    EDIT: Got it now, changed to H when the other char was on the loading screen to leave the raid, not sure he will saved on the H ID (making me unable to extend next week) if I fail I will post it here when the next lockout hit.
    Last edited by Thamyor; 2013-05-23 at 04:58 PM.
    That’s what I do, Zoggosh. I think good.

Had the same issue this week. But it looks like it was simply changed to having the 2nd person go inside, accept the 11/12 normal (if you kill a boss you'll be saved) option, then set to heroic. Invite 3rd party, bring them inside, log off the toon with the lockout, remove them from the group and good to go.

Long story short, it looks like it's back to being able to switch from normal to heroic while inside the instance.

Deleted
    Not trying to necro this, but considering lots of ppl say they use different methods, can you please enlighten me on what is THE right way to extend the save with an alt and kill the LK HC 25 with the main one?

PS: i have an alt with 11/12 10N down.

- - - Updated - - -

bumpty bump

- - - Updated - - -

bumpty bump bump

Deleted
    Buy a 2nd account, get 2nd account lvl 80+ character inside, press accept for saving into lockout, extend each week. Profit.

This is what I've been doing for past 15 weeks

Quote Originally Posted by Flickyz View Post
    Not trying to necro this, but considering lots of ppl say they use different methods, can you please enlighten me on what is THE right way to extend the save with an alt and kill the LK HC 25 with the main one?

PS: i have an alt with 11/12 10N down.

- - - Updated - - -

bumpty bump

- - - Updated - - -

bumpty bump bump
    1. Have an alt with 11/12 normal 10/25m lockout
    2. Invite random guildie/wife, convert to raid group, set difficulty to 25man(Because you can't switch difficulty from 10 to 25 inside the instance, or at least it bugs sometimes)
    3. Tell guildie/wife to enter instance, they'll get an 11/12 normal 25man lockout
    4. Gives guildie/wife leader of the group, log main
    5. Get invite to group from guildie/wife, enter raid on main, accept 11/12 normal lockout
    6. Take back leader, set to 25 heroic and go kill LK

The lockout has to be normal because if there's a heroic boss killed, it'll have a specific raid ID that if you end up clearing the instance, you'll "complete" that ID and your alt will have to reclear.

How I do it;

Log on my level 90 paladin with the lockout.
    Fly to the entrance of ICC, put it on 25 man (just stand outside of the instance)
    Invite a guildie, promote him to grp leader (I dont even convert the group to raid)
    Log off my 90 paladin, log on my 85 twink
    Guildie invites my 85 paladin, promotes said 85 paladin and leaves the group or stays for a chat, doesnt really matter
    Enter ICC, put it on 25H and rape the LK

My 90 paladin with the 11/12 save just remains in the group while logged off outside. Been doing this for 15 weeks now and works with no issues.

Also the ICC 11/12 save is 10 man.

Deleted
    Thank you so much for the replies and information.

^_^

Regards,

Flicky

Quote Originally Posted by Brael View Post
    1. Have an alt with 11/12 normal 10/25m lockout
    2. Invite random guildie/wife, convert to raid group, set difficulty to 25man(Because you can't switch difficulty from 10 to 25 inside the instance, or at least it bugs sometimes)
    3. Tell guildie/wife to enter instance, they'll get an 11/12 normal 25man lockout
    4. Gives guildie/wife leader of the group, log main
    5. Get invite to group from guildie/wife, enter raid on main, accept 11/12 normal lockout
    6. Take back leader, set to 25 heroic and go kill LK

The lockout has to be normal because if there's a heroic boss killed, it'll have a specific raid ID that if you end up clearing the instance, you'll "complete" that ID and your alt will have to reclear.
    Don't need to do the bolded; simply having another person in group that can invite and pass lead to the character you care about is all you need. The only time someone else has to enter the raid is if you have a raid with multiple lockouts.

For example: I farm Ultraxion and Madness in DS for their respective mounts. Ultraxion's lockout I can do by the method you mentioned sans step 2. If I want to kill Madness though I must zone out on the character I care to kill Madness with, pass lead/give assist to everyone, switch to character with Madness lockout, have that character get invited, zone in on that character, then switch back to my main.