Legendary Meta is it worth it?

Basically what the title says i just got the meta and im not sure if the damage output from the passive effect is going to outweigh the extra crit damage

Deleted
    what class are you? more info needed. but basically they are designed to be better for everyone than the normal meta gems. as frost 2h dk with 522 ilvl my legendary meta does anywhere between 4-7% of my total damage in a fight

i'm a hunter hence why i posted in this forum but im not sure how it will compare for hunters vs. DKs

Yes, very very worth it :-) and its not even close.

Worth it from the limited testing I've been able to do with it. (%oftotaldmg)7.3% Durumu 5.5% Primordius 5.2% Dark Animus all LFR fights.

The Legendary Meta has pretty much been flagged as a 100% worthwhile gain, no matter what class or spec you are (especially now that the Caster one has it's proc rate fixed to be different across all those classes, and Fire's proc rate was buffed).

Just got mine last night (well, got a helm I could put it in last night), and on a 6.5min test on a dummy, triggered Lightning Strike (the actual damage proc) 41 times, with my average hit being 34,560, average crit being 75,424 (33 Hits, 8 Crits). My highest crit was a 180,644, but pretty sure that triggered with all cooldowns and trinkets up. This is as a Retribution Paladin (and yes, I know it's the Hunter forum). This accounted for 6.4% of my DPS in that time.

Will be interested to see how things work out in an actual raid environment.
    Games are not necessarily "easier" today. You are just a better player.
    It takes more now to impress many gamers than it did 2-5 years ago, because so much has already been seen and done.
    Many players expect to be wow'd with every release of a beloved franchise.
    These are generally NOT the fault of the developers, but the fault of many players over-hyping and/or setting expectations too high.

based on the 12/13HM hunter telling me its very worth it, I will go with it

Quote Originally Posted by wustoff View Post
    Basically what the title says i just got the meta and im not sure if the damage output from the passive effect is going to outweigh the extra crit damage
    The normal agile meta gem is, maybe a 2-3% dps gain over not using a meta? 216 agility equals 432 attack power (about 1% of what I have) and about .2% crit, plus an additional 3% damage on crits (which lets say we crit 50% of the time, so an additional 1.5% damage overall). So, roughly 1+.2+1.5=2.7%

Everything I've seen about the meta is showing it does about 6-8% of your damage.

So... yeah. It is worth it.

More proof.... Simmed my hunter (517 iLvL) on Femaledwarf.com

With Stam/Stun Reduction Meta - 122,231 (Baseline meta to keep +180 agility socket bonus)

With Legendary Meta - 130,886 (+8,655 dps over baseline)
    With Agile Meta - 124,830 dps (+2,599 dps over baseline)

About a 6k dps increase of the Agile Meta

The Legendary meta is quite good, just not nearly as good as the caster one.

Its doing atleast 10% of my dmg on the 10 bosses I checked logs, very good gem.

The gem alone averages about 8-9k dps (for me), definitely worth it.

Deleted
    I might be wrong but from what I've seen its only proccing from autoshots. It is fairly consistent though, so long as the time on autoshots is above 2 seconds it seems to be on every autoshot without fail. It does provide a good amount of damage though, most of my fights I'm seeing it between 5-6% of damage.

Might be worth it if u don't pull out your goddamn hair. I have seen 3-4 TERRIBLE people surpass me in Secrets and get this before me.. Yeah, thanks blizz.. Really make the hard working people feel appreciated.. I spit on you and your children.

Pretty good, been 4-6% boost for me, despite the tedious scenario it puts you through=P.
    <Guiles Theme Song> @ Mal'Ganis-US Horde 20-man 10/10M 8/10M, currently recruiting all
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wustoff View Post
    i'm a hunter hence why i posted in this forum but im not sure how it will compare for hunters vs. DKs
    herp derp i responded from mmo main page and didnt look at which forum it was in sorry lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm curious what people think about this for PvP...I do have a PvE set but I rarely actually do it anymore so having to go through the entire quest line to get it when I'd rather just PvP makes me wonder if it's even worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by santy View Post
    I might be wrong but from what I've seen its only proccing from autoshots. It is fairly consistent though, so long as the time on autoshots is above 2 seconds it seems to be on every autoshot without fail. It does provide a good amount of damage though, most of my fights I'm seeing it between 5-6% of damage.
    It isn't supposed to only proc on autoshots only, but even if it did, it wouldn't matter, because the way RPPM works, it tweaks up the proc rate if your chances to proc are happening less often.