Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    What a sell-out!

Jk love lore and supper excited for him. I always thought he would do so well at Blizz but was actually expecting he would be more a designer then a community manager but it does make sense and glad we still get to see him around.

For those who don't know who Lore is he runs Tankspot apart of Gamebreaker.tv series Legendary and is an amazing blogger about games, especially Blizzard games. Really cool guy, fun to watch and knows a lot of shit. Sad we get to loose, i think, the best wow commentator.

Grats!

I don't play WoW anymore, but I used to watch Lore a lot in youtube vids and on gamebreaker. I like his insights on the game and think he'll be an asset for Blizz.

Deleted
    I havent *actually* played in ages but I always watched his content because he was pretty good.
    Bit biased during wrath but thats when there were 2 extremes and one middleroad ("game too easy" vs "its ok"(<-lore) vs "blizz do no wrong") but since then he started to realize that blizzard can do wrong things majorly (some stuff in cata etc) and he knows quite a lot about communities opinions so thats cool.

Sad to see the content stopping tho. Since I dont play I would've still liked it.. for example he did reviews or first impressions of mobile games. Not many people do that on YT but eh.

Quote Originally Posted by Craakar View Post
    Didn't he say once in a video, if he was offered the position of Community Manager, he'd decline it?
    Have you ever said something you later changed your mind about?

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Don't really call being CM much of a promotion from a community member.

I thought maybe he was getting on the encounter design team.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Congratulation Lore, you deserved the spot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Craakar View Post
    Didn't he say once in a video, if he was offered the position of Community Manager, he'd decline it?
    No, that was something like Game tester or something "less paid and not so fun" like that. Bug testers job aint all that great.. specially if you can make videos of wow and get paid better

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Don't really call being CM much of a promotion from a community member.

I thought maybe he was getting on the encounter design team.
    Blizzard tends to hire people with experience or training for those positions.

I feel sorry for him, he's happy about it now but those abusive nutcases on the official forums will chip away at his sanity. Having to deal with them now on a personal level will probably put him off the game.
    "you can't be serious!!" - yes actually I am.

I remember him saying once how he liked to troll the forums. This should be interesting.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven?

Quote Originally Posted by Galaddriel View Post
    I remember him saying once how he liked to troll the forums. This should be interesting.
    If you think he's going to behave in a professional setting the same way he does in a personal one, you're hopelessly naive.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    okayokay, we can please stop repeat posting "who is Lore"? It's been answered several times now.
    Guy from Tankspot is worthless information, as a moderator I'd have expected from you to atleast give more support to people asking who he is WHEN the info was not given in OP.

Never heard of him, and never watched anything from Tankspot either so I have no clue to what he is or does. And we shouldn't have to google stuff before knowing what a topic is about.

That said, I assume he was sharing info with wow players over youtube? A quick search didn't give much info so I guess it will be a small gz from me and I'l move on.

Grats Lore on your new job

But please i do hope blizz makes you get rid of that 80s perm lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    Guy from Tankspot is worthless information, as a moderator I'd have expected from you to atleast give more support to people asking who he is WHEN the info was not given in OP.

Never heard of him, and never watched anything from Tankspot either so I have no clue to what he is or does. And we shouldn't have to google stuff before knowing what a topic is about.

That said, I assume he was sharing info with wow players over youtube? A quick search didn't give much info so I guess it will be a small gz from me and I'l move on.
    There were plenty of info and detail but I will go over again.

He is very involved with fansites of wow. Tankspot makes guides to bosses and he generally does those.
    He also does Weekly marmot which is about some topic about WoW - Like "tanks in pvp" or "should everything be account-wide".
    Also he does show called PST where he answers questions from community.
    Top of that he does shows on Gamebreaker TV (mmo-related).
    Legendary (wow podcast) and After dark (another QA show).
    Also last years Gamebreaker had Blizzcon after-party I think?

He might not have huge audience like some streamers (swifty etc arena players) but he does do stuff on specific things. I mean come on, I dont see some overly exaggerated characters who play arena getting these chances.
    Last edited by mmocd6ad878d9b; 2013-05-02 at 12:57 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Congrats to Lore, Was wondering when blizz would take him :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown
    "The world is a magical place full of people waiting to be offended by something"
    Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand Russell
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time"

His content on Tankspot and Legendary has really dropped in quality recently, so hopefully the new job will reinvigorate him.

Gratz to him, happy that he'll get to do something awesome like this. =)

15+ Year Old Account
    a copy/paste from his twitch tv if you kinda want to know him more!

"I've been gaming as long as I can remember (starting with an Atari 2600!), and have played all types of games over the years. Once the internet was a thing, I started talking about them. Haven't shut up since.

I am currently employed as Site Director and chief administrator of TankSpot, where I also host The Weekly Marmot, a weekly show discussing popular and current topics regarding World of Warcraft, PST, a Q&A series fueled entirely by viewer submissions and my own long-windedness, and PST Rapid Fire, a short-form Q&A series which is streamed live here on Twitch every Friday!.

At Gamebreaker.TV, I co-host Legendary, a roundtable discussion show tackling the latest WoW happenings. Legendary goes live every Thursday at 8pm PST/11pm EST, with an on-demand version usually available the next day. I also cohost After Dark, where we take live call-ins from viewers and answer their gaming-related questions.

I do everything I do because I love doing it, and I strive to be a quality source of free information and entertainment. If you like what I do here, please consider disabling your adblocker. Or, if you prefer, you can also send a donation directly. If you'd rather not, no worries, I'll keep on doing what I do "

Quote Originally Posted by SherbertLand View Post
    If you think he's going to behave in a professional setting the same way he does in a personal one, you're hopelessly naive.
    You're hopelessly naive to think that some of that personal trolling MIGHT not affect the way he responds professionally. Some people just can't help it.
    "you can't be serious!!" - yes actually I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Baine View Post
    Community manager. He will become a Blue.
    Does that mean we will get a blue that gives a shit about the community and understands what teamwork means instead of spitting on others and adding fuel to the fire?