View Poll Results: Should Illegal Immigrants be allowed to use government services?

Voters
319. This poll is closed
  • Yes

32 10.03%
  • No

214 67.08%
  • Under Certain Circumstances

73 22.88%
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ...
    Aren't you all illegal immigrants as well? Just saying. This ain't your native land, sons.

Quote Originally Posted by Merite View Post
    They pay sales tax. How would they possibly pay income tax if they're not a citizen..?
    Doing work on a fake SSN. they get to do all the paying but getting none of the benefits from it, many many billions in taxes this way each year.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    I don't agree with this. They should be charged for the transport out of the country.
    Illegal immigrants, Send them packing then send the bill for the transport to the country they are from, let them deal with the problem of recovering the money from them.

Legal immigrant's, with all the paper work and the ability to support themselves, that's fine, welcome them with open arms and give them everything they need.
    I'm going to have to second this. Of course, on the subject of food stamps and handouts, I don't think they should even exist, citizen or no.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Or, how about you get over it and let the parents stay, get jobs, and contribute?

But we cant allow that everyone knows most of these people will never be a teabagger fanatic and vote for republicans, they have common sense and a brain and will most likely vote for someone else. THAT is the major reason for the outrage from the far right.

Quote Originally Posted by Brakthir View Post
    Aren't you all illegal immigrants as well? Just saying. This ain't your native land, sons.
    Hue hue, who was first in America joke, hue hue. You must have severely failed history.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    I'm going to have to second this. Of course, on the subject of food stamps and handouts, I don't think they should even exist, citizen or no.
    Objectivism, also known as "Anyone that doesn't make over two hundred thousand dollars a year can eat shit and die".
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by artemishunter1 View Post
    Tell me something, are you a middle class family? Have you ever been poor? If not how you can you say that from your ivory tower? I have been poor in this nation, I did not even graduate high school when I first come here. I lived in a single room with 3 roommates. I have myself experienced, low work hour simply due to manager giving the hours to illigals. Many others have looked for jobs as well, if they were available people were desperate to get them. Even farming considering when we came here, many of us were from agricultural background (not your tractor driving kind, but working with your own hands and cows driven plough kind in the rain and in the heat).
    That illegal work problem could be quickly fixed if we fined the workplace 1 million dollars for each case found and gave the money to the unions to further aide in the protection of good workplaces for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Objectivism, also known as "Anyone that doesn't make over two hundred thousand dollars a year can eat shit and die".
    Soup kitchens are free.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Banawani View Post
    Soup kitchens are free.
    Charity is a cold grey loveless thing. If a rich man wants to help the poor, he should pay his taxes gladly, not dole out money at a whim. In a civilised community, although it may be composed of self-reliant individuals, there will be some persons who will be unable at some period of their lives to look after themselves, and the question of what is to happen to them may be solved in three ways – they may be neglected, they may be cared for by the organised community as of right, or they may be left to the goodwill of individuals in the community. The first way is intolerable, and as for the third: Charity is only possible without loss of dignity between equals. A right established by law, such as that to an old age pension, is less galling than an allowance made by a rich man to a poor one, dependent on his view of the recipient’s character, and terminable at his caprice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Banawani View Post
    Hue hue, who was first in America joke, hue hue. You must have severely failed history.
    Nope. Flying colors, actually.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
    By the fact that I have some distant native blood on my mother's side and my father's side of the family has been living here for 5 generations I think it's safe to say this is my country.

No I was born in the USA, so I'm not an illegal immigrant. The government that owns this land now is the USA. People need to stop comparing illegal immigration to Europeans taking the Americas from Native Americans, it is not really comparable...unless you are saying Mexicans are actually invaders, so we should be able to use deadly force on them since they are a warring nation .