Crazy hunter idea - Pet Vengeance

It sounds stupid but how about tenacity pets get vengeance, it'll be like real tanks and make solo pet tanking go faster. Dumb or potential idea?
    It'll be modified to 10% of non mitigated hits since pets have very little HP, but the buff will last 10 seconds not 20
    Last edited by Hogmanlolz; 2013-05-01 at 11:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would be too powerful in PVP so will never be implemented, no matter how much fun it could be when soloing.
    Stormrage 4 lyfe

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, tenacity is the tank spec, so that should be the one to get Vengeance.

As if Hunter pets need any more shit to make retarded Hunters solo stuff easier. They killed Rares by auto shooting and letting their pet move from everything pre 5.2, they don't need to do more DPS because they're tanking.

Also, Tenacity is the Tank spec.

Edit: Isn't that (i.e. the OP's name) Cartoonz' YouTube username?

If anything, I think Vengeance should be reworked/removed for future expansions, definitely not given to pets.

Well, they already disable player vengeance in PVP, so they could do the same thing with pets.

Would be way too powerful in PvP, and would be a pretty big DPS increase for BM Hunters in raids as well. This simply isn't needed, Hunters are already one of the best classes to solo with, and they're also good in PvP and raids, no need to give them a buff in every single department.

People always jump on "It would be too powerful in PvP" bandwagon. It's very easy to say "Pet gains X amount of attack power when being hit by non-players," to remove it from PvP if necessary.

The Void Lord has a Vengeance-type mechanic (not sure if the regular Void Walker does). I say Vengeance-like because I don't think it scales with damage taken (at least according to the tooltip, although I swear sometimes it hits much harder than other times, the harder-hitting times always being when it's taking more damage), but getting hit makes it do more damage than if it's not getting hit.

That being said, I think Vengeance needs to be changed for next xpac. Should just be a flat threat increase, not damage. I think the reason they made it a damage increase is because, well, they felt that having low dps is part of the reason tanks are under-represented. Just speculation on my part, but they easily could have just made it +threat and balance encounters around tanks not doing as much or more damage than the actual dps.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    Would be way too powerful in PvP, and would be a pretty big DPS increase for BM Hunters in raids as well. This simply isn't needed, Hunters are already one of the best classes to solo with, and they're also good in PvP and raids, no need to give them a buff in every single department.
    Vengeance is disabled in PvP, and hunter pets generally don't take any damage in PvE (high resistance and 90% AoE reduction). The only damage they generally take is physical, which usually only happens during wipes (on stationary bosses). Pets have low health, low armour and low avoidance, so they'd die before vengeance could stack to the ridiculous levels current tanks have.

Deleted
    WTB Vengeance for pet!
    Good Luck and have fun on World of Logs : DD Beast Cleave > Keg Smash : o

tbh I don't really think it's necessary even for soloing where pet TANK spec is actually a lot imo.

Deleted
    the problem is that it could lead to pet tanks in PvE to counter fights with AoE attacks. I could already see a pet tank due to this on a fight like spirit kings.

10+ Year Old Account
    It would be fine (just dont make it work on enemy players).
    It would kill those dinos on island 3 times faster with it. And you can use it on raid bosses anyway (unles you go solo).
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khraine View Post
    Would be too powerful in PVP so will never be implemented, no matter how much fun it could be when soloing.
    Tanks don't get vengeance in pvp
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

That would be awesome for farming bones on dino island. Warlock voidlord already has a sort of ghetto vengeance so it is not out of the question for blizzard to put in tenacity pet vengeance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Please no, extremely bad idea.

Lets give auto taunt pets some actual damage so that they keep getting used in heroic dungeons. /sarcasm
    We don't need more hunters with extremely low DPS taking even more vengeance away from people who actually play tank.
    For soloing, yes it just might be OK, but absolutely not for heroics, or raids; it's bad enough with pets spamming taunt as it is.

- A vengeance starved tank when hunters are around (for the most part)

So, because there are bad players, they shouldn't give any tools for the good players?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like Ghouls to have vengeance too that works in PvP :

It doesn't solve any problems, and potentially introduces some. Vengeance is a fix for tanks not scaling threat with gear (or started as one), hunters have infinite misdirect to their pets.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.