Drop Bad Juju or Tailsman for Assass?

I got the Heroic Trinket from Jin'Rokh last night and I was wondering, would it be better to drop Bad Juju or Tailsman (Shado-pan Assault trinket) for the trinket?

Drop Bad juju

All the information you will ever need is in a sticky in the rogue forums "5.2 trinkets discussion"

How much expertise are you rocking right now with and without Renataki's Soul Charm?
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Drop Bad Juju and never look back, assuming you won't go too far over the expertise cap. I got my heroic RSC last night as well after passing it to someone else a week before.

I had to make a few gear swaps and although I'm slightly above expertise cap and a bit more over hit cap now, I'd rather be using a trinket that actually has uptime. I would normally average only about 16% uptime with Juju with 31% haste unbuffed. Last night on H Jin'Rokh it only had a 7.2% uptime. Lame.

It hurts to lose all that mastery, but in my experience Renataki's uptime is usually around 30%.

Uptime on Bad Juju should usually be around 20-24% and RSC around 22-26%, maths and logs support this. Don't get me wrong, RSC is better if you can make that extra expertise work, but Juju is not that far behind.

RPPM trinkets work through randomness, and though there is a strong protection against bad RNG, it can still happen. Equally, you can get great RNG - I managed a 38.4% uptime on Megaera, for example.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Quote Originally Posted by theherecy View Post
    Drop Bad juju

All the information you will ever need is in a sticky in the rogue forums "5.2 trinkets discussion"
    Actually, the list on that 5.2 trinket discussion is completely dependent on your individual stat weights. Also, the shado-pan trinket is only higher on the list than 522 Bad Juju because it assumes that you will use all of the hit, or atleast the 500ish that stays after you reforge the rest of it into haste or mastery. Shadowcraft will tell you which is an upgrade, and actually for me since I am already over cap w/o the trinket, Bad Juju and Heroic Renatakis are better than Renatakis and the shado-pan trink.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    RPPM trinkets work through randomness, and though there is a strong protection against bad RNG, it can still happen.
    I'm pretty sure it's being implemented next patch, or I've been pretty unlucky to have at least four kills per lockout where with 35% haste I get 15-18% juju uptime.
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

Quote Originally Posted by Fluorescent0 View Post
    I'm pretty sure it's being implemented next patch, or I've been pretty unlucky to have at least four kills per lockout where with 35% haste I get 15-18% juju uptime.
    Na, the bad luck protection for the RPPM has already been added. Bonus roll bad streak protection is what they're adding next patch

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluorescent0 View Post
    Rollercoaster luck happens. At a base .525 RPPM I've had proc rates as high as 16 procs in 6 minutes for a fight or as low as 2 in 7 minutes on a character with 21% haste. Both are insanely rare, and it "feels" like my uptime for some specific fights (when I really want it) is terrible, and RPPM trinkets seem to never want to proc together at the beginning of progression pulls, etc.

I find my averages to be what's expected over the course of a night/lockout.