Idea for dailies in next expansion

Daily quests are a fundamental building block of WoW's content design; I think the system could use a few tweaks though.

Rather than force players to wait until level cap to run dailies, allow them to start doing them right at level 1 by making starter zone quests repeatable. Instead of forcing the player into getting just level experience from the dailies, the player could choose where they wants their reward distributed. They could get it in the form of gold, or in the form of reputation with a faction of their choice, or standard level experience, and possibly other things as well.

This would allow players to efficiently manage their play sessions while maximizing the reward that suits them personally. They could still use traditional means to supplement whatever rewards they *do not* receive via dailies. One of the benefits of this system would be cutting down on travel time to new zones, which can be especially tedious for low level characters, while still giving players the option of meaningful progression through dailies.

*~To change one's life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly.~*

Make starter zone quests repeatable, like kill 8 wolves?
    *Waiting for Artifact Knowledge work orders*

15+ Year Old Account
    How about no dailies? I would like to not have everything gated on a timed basis. I would rather just have straight up repeatable quests so when I have time I can knock out as much as I feel like and not have some arbitrary system telling me I am done for the day. It's irritating and overly limiting. And adding more dailies doesn't compensate for the fact that some are more enjoyable then others and I would rather spend 30+ minutes with the Tillers then ever head out to Krasarang for the dailies out there.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd be happy if gear wasn't gated heavily behind them.
    Reputations and gold I'm okay with, but not gear.
    It's quite silly.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

This ain't the right forum for suggestion. Go write on blizz forum.

Deleted
    The best idea would be to make dailies give no rewards at all. That way the people who enjoy doing them for the content can keep doing them while the people who don't enjoy them won't be forced to. Finally an idea that would make everyone happy!

They need to make the daily system have its own interface and be completely separate to that of normal questing (maybe even have its own log that tracks every single daily in the game that you have discovered without "picking up" the daily). It needs to feel more like a feature rather than an after thought, in my opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like a lot of the ideas in the original post.

A long time ago I made a suggestion over on the Blizzard forums that they make a certain percentage of your leveling quests repeatable by turning them into dailies. Do a quest and if you enjoyed it provide a flag when you turn it in that you can click on and that would save it as a repeatable quest for you.

I think it's a good idea. I also like what Phasma said about listing and tracking all daily quests.

@Numeanor: It's a decent place to discuss and think about different things though. Try and be a little more constructive.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2013-05-02 at 07:24 AM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    I like a lot of the ideas in the original post.

A long time ago I made a suggestion over on the Blizzard forums that they make a certain percentage of your leveling quests repeatable by turning them into dailies. Do a quest and if you enjoyed it provide a flag when you turn it in that you can click on and that would save it as a repeatable quest for you.

I think it's a good idea. I also like what Phasma said about listing and tracking all daily quests.

@Numeanor: It's a decent place to discuss and think about different things though. Try and be a little more constructive.
    Having dailies be part of leveling is bizarre, to say the least. Leveling usually makes you travel quite a bit to different quest hubs. So the next day you might not be anywhere near the last place you did a daily. This would especially be a nuisance in areas that blizzard wants us to level without a flying mount. A straight up repeatable would make more sense since you are already in the area. Once you are bored of a repeatable or you have out leveled it, just move on.

One thing I do wonder, why do people like dailies? Is there some fascination with returning to one area for a quest or two just to move on? I really just don't get it. It ends up feeling like a job. Go to work(daily hub), do work, go home, rinse and repeat. A repeatable is more like a theme part. Like a ride? Ride it over and over until you are bored and then go to the next ride.