View Poll Results: Legalize the Illegal Aliens?

Voters
114. This poll is closed
  • Yes, legalize all current illegal immigrants

33 28.95%
  • No, deport all current illegal immigrants

62 54.39%
  • Keep the current system and only deport if they commit a crime

19 16.67%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeNicotine View Post
    Illegal is illegal. Obama letting them stay in the first place is a crime in itself and he should be imprisoned for it.
    Seriously? You act like the immigration issue started after Obama took office o.0 Most of the immigrants in question have been here much longer than Obama has been president, should we go back and imprison all the previous presidents and elected officials as well?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    Why must current illegals be rewarded with legal status when I have to bust my ass to obtain legal status? No, deportation seems fair, screw 'em.
    Right, gutting US agriculture and a fair amount of its low-end service jobs would -totally- be the right way to go.

And before you get huffy, I'm a soon-to-be naturalized US citizen and I have no issue with them. I definitely think the US should change its immigration policies in order to attract workers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Right, gutting US agriculture and a fair amount of its low-end service jobs would -totally- be the right way to go.

And before you get huffy, I'm a soon-to-be naturalized US citizen and I have no issue with them. I definitely think the US should change its immigration policies in order to attract workers.
    Yes, change policies to make it easier for people wanting to live in America from stabilized countries such as Britain, Scandinavian countries, a few of the Asia countries, Australia and New Zealand. As the policies are right now, they're not making it easy on us whereas Mexicans and all those guys are getting it easy while contributing back nothing to America other than the jobs no one else wants. If Obama wants to benefit the country, he can start by easing the policies for the countries I listed for people that would want legal status.

Imagine all the dollars America could rake in from Australians going to that country, as it is right now our dollar is great there. ($1AUD = $1.24USD) Hell, look at British pound, $1 is worth $1.55, and even Euros being $1.30 yet America keeps shooting itself in the foot with these strict policies.
    Last edited by NatePsy; 2013-05-02 at 08:16 PM.

I wonder how much it would cost to enforce such a law - to round up all the 'ILLEGALS' (your caps, not mine) and deport them. That seems pricey. And the payoff? As people mentioned, gutting many low-income jobs including agriculture.

Seems lose-lose.

Quote Originally Posted by marthsk View Post
    You DO realize they're talking about Mexicans, right?
    them Mexicans, Africans and Arabs, what's the difference? they're all scum of the 3rd world.
    they're all interested in the same things like Food-stamps and social services.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Radux; 2013-05-02 at 08:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, change policies to make it easier for people wanting to live in America from stabilized countries such as Britain, Scandinavian countries, a few of the Asia countries, Australia and New Zealand. As the policies are right now, they're not making it easy on us whereas Mexicans and all those guys are getting it easy while contributing back nothing to America other than the jobs no one else wants. If they want to benefit their country, they can start by easing the policies for the countries I listed for people that would want legal status.
    So get a tourist visa, take a flight over, and don't leave. You'll then see just how easy they have it here. I mean, if ya can't beat them, join them, right ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, change policies to make it easier for people wanting to live in America from stabilized countries such as Britain, Scandinavian countries, a few of the Asia countries, Australia and New Zealand. As the policies are right now, they're not making it easy on us whereas Mexicans and all those guys are getting it easy while contributing back nothing to America other than the jobs no one else wants. If they want to benefit their country, they can start by easing the policies for the countries I listed for people that would want legal status.
    Pardon?

"Mexicans and all those guys" contribute like any other worker; they pay their taxes on property, sales, income, etc. and they spend their income domestically.

Just because Australia refuses to drop its whole White Australia shtick doesn't mean the US can't be smart about immigration.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Garrett View Post
    them Mexicans, Africans and Arabs, what's the difference? they're all scum of the 3rd world.
    they're all interested in the same things like Food-stamps and social services.
    I'd love to see what credentials you have to act as an authority on the subject.
    It's time to level up and quit your newbie ways
    You need to go outside and get some new V-rays
    A fresh breath of air will help you talk again
    Inhale, exhale, feel the Oxygen
    - Woodman

10+ Year Old Account
    Pardon?

"Mexicans and all those guys" contribute like any other worker; they pay their taxes on property, sales, income, etc. and they spend their income domestically.

Just because Australia refuses to drop its whole White Australia shtick doesn't mean the US can't be smart about immigration.
    Not all Australians are "pro-white" I love a little culture diversity just as much as any other person. As long as they're doing it legally I have no issue with it. I'm simply saying they could reduce some of their debt by bringing in people from countries whose dollar is worth more when brought into America. They slow their progress with current policies.
    Last edited by NatePsy; 2013-05-02 at 08:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not all Australians are "pro-white" I love a little culture diversity just as much as any other person. As long as they're doing it legally I have no issue with it.
    Not all Australians may be "pro-white" but Australia's immigration policy has by and large reverted to what it was before WWII, something which the media and government use to distract from actual issues. "Oh no, Australia had two thousand boat people come ashore this year, whatever shall we do!"

The fact is that Australia's immigration policy is biting it in the ass. The birthrate and subsequent population isn't high enough to sustain a good level of economic growth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisberb View Post
    So get a tourist visa, take a flight over, and don't leave. You'll then see just how easy they have it here. I mean, if ya can't beat them, join them, right ?
    I don't think it's right to overstay my welcome unless it's legal.

The idea of people (Humans) being considered "Illegal" for being on the Planet they were born on is quite simply ridiculous.

No one owns the world or even a piece of it, we share it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    The idea of people (Humans) being considered "Illegal" for being on the Planet they were born on is quite simply ridiculous.

We had this debate recently on the forums when the AP decided to stop using the term "illegal immigrant" and start using "undocumented immigrant" or something like that. The consensus seems to be that if you think all those immigrants should be deported, then you support considering a person to be "illegal."

10+ Year Old Account
    Not all Australians may be "pro-white" but Australia's immigration policy has by and large reverted to what it was before WWII, something which the media and government use to distract from actual issues. "Oh no, Australia had two thousand boat people come ashore this year, whatever shall we do!"

The fact is that Australia's immigration policy is biting it in the ass. The birthrate and subsequent population isn't high enough to sustain a good level of economic growth.
    I don't know, I think our immigration is doing okay considering I'm now starting to see more and more different races around where I live and I assume it's slowly getting that way everywhere else in Australia, Sudanese are popping up more and more and I welcome this. I'd like to think our economy will only get better.

15+ Year Old Account
    Illegal aliens that come to WORK and actually WORK, they are cool and can stay
    Those who do nothing but live on welfare due to laziness and criminals should get shipped back to whatever country they came from, crate....without holes.
    And then tighten up immigration policies and deport MOST future illegal aliens (i said MOST, as im not COMPLETELY cold hearted, but not far from it)

Norwegian speaking.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    I beg to differ!
    *cracks fingers*
    Come at me, bruvs!
    - Woodman

15+ Year Old Account
    And yet smarter, more powerful men and women disagree with you.
    If you can't make fun of something, its probably not worth taking seriously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also...

...and then...

Quote Originally Posted by marthsk View Post
    I beg to differ!
    *cracks fingers*
    Come at me, bruvs!
    ...followed by...

Quote Originally Posted by lavafoxx View Post
    And yet smarter, more powerful men and women disagree with you.
    Truer words have never been spoken. Thanks Lavafoxx You're a visionary!
    - Woodman

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know, I think our immigration is doing okay considering I'm now starting to see more and more different races around where I live and I assume it's slowly getting that way everywhere else in Australia, Sudanese are popping up more and more and I welcome this. I'd like to think our economy will only get better.
    Jesus Christ, I really hate having to repeat myself.

Anecdotal evidence is anecdotal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jesus Christ, I really hate having to repeat myself.

Anecdotal evidence is anecdotal.
    Well in my personal experience....