View Poll Results: Legalize the Illegal Aliens?

Voters
114. This poll is closed
  • Yes, legalize all current illegal immigrants

33 28.95%
  • No, deport all current illegal immigrants

62 54.39%
  • Keep the current system and only deport if they commit a crime

19 16.67%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisberb View Post
    Well in my personal experience....
    That is precisely what anecdotal evidence is.
    It's time to level up and quit your newbie ways
    You need to go outside and get some new V-rays
    A fresh breath of air will help you talk again
    Inhale, exhale, feel the Oxygen
    - Woodman

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by marthsk View Post
    That is precisely what anecdotal evidence is.
    I know ^_^ I was just messing around

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Jesus Christ, I really hate having to repeat myself.

Anecdotal evidence is anecdotal.
    Unreliable? Yet many other Aussies, not just myself are seeing this increase aswell. Just 4 years ago in my city there was a rare chance you saw Sudanese people, fastforward to 2013 and they're a pretty common group of people to come across. To me it sounds like Australia is becoming more accepting. Rather than read what you hear in the media, actually come here and see the culture diversity for yourself. Remember your "White Australia" comment? The high amount of culture diversity here is the reason why some Australians are negative towards non-Aussies. "F off we're full" comes to mind. Hell there's even a game people in Melbourne have called "Spot the Aussie" I'd say Australian government is pretty damn accepting to me.

Try living here or having a few contacts in Australia before spouting the "anecdotal evidence" towards me, you come off ignorant.

Enough about this, back on topic.
    Last edited by NatePsy; 2013-05-02 at 08:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    Unreliable? Yet many others, not just myself are seeing this increase aswell. Just 4 years ago in my city there was a rare chance you saw Sudanese people, fastforward to 2013 and they're a pretty common group of people to come across. To me it sounds like Australia is becoming more accepting. Rather than read what you hear in the media, actually come here and see the culture diversity for yourself. Remember your "White Australia" comment? The high amount of culture diversity here is the reason why some Australians are negative towards non-Aussies. "F off we're full" comes to mind.

Try living here or having a few contacts in Australia before spouting the "anecdotal evidence" towards me, you come off ignorant.

Enough about this, back on topic.
    Considering I carry citizenship in Australia and visit it quite frequently, how about you quit assuming what I have and have not experienced?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Politicus View Post
    Voted yes, the benefits to legalising illegal immigrants outweigh the costs.

One thing that comes to mind though....We are completely buddy buddy with Canada, why not Mexico? It would help both Mexico and the U.S. if both countries became more accepting of each other.
    We have cheap strong beer. We have maple syrup. We have meals that can give you harder heart attacks than your feeble "fast food" (ie: Poutine), we have an accent and speech mannerisms you can poke fun at and we won't care one bit. What's there NOT to like about us, eh?
    It's time to level up and quit your newbie ways
    You need to go outside and get some new V-rays
    A fresh breath of air will help you talk again
    Inhale, exhale, feel the Oxygen
    - Woodman

10+ Year Old Account
    Send them back to space so they can't probe us! I do not know the proper course. I think we need much better systems in place for immigration from Mexico/Central America and I can understand arguments from both sides. However I would like a few things being implemented, for one the Government should make English the Federal Language of the United States. I know, learning multiple languages makes you more cultured blah blah blah. I know 3 languages, but the country should not be divided between them. Then also I do not like the idea of countless workers coming here, then mailing money to other countries. It is taking from the economy and not putting back in. However, more immigrants paying taxes for benefits they are already using would only seem to help things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    There's nothing for casuals to do, beyond pretend they are raiders in LFR.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    I voted no just because it seems unfair for those waiting for years trying to get in the country fairly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    I voted yes just because of your obnoxious use of caps.
    The logic...

The dilema with this is that only illegals want to do labor like picking strawberries. Americans, even those unemployed, don't want to pick strawberries for $3 an hour, 8 hours a day. Illegals will. When you deport all of them, you destroy the strawberry market. Unpicked strawberries are left to rot, and as a result strawberry prices rise.

There's more to this issue than a simple yes or no. And most people don't understand that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Galil ACE View Post
    Its not that they want to do this, it is that they don't have any other options.
    Why would anybody want to work for technically free when the law guarantees a minimum wage?
    To many of them, steady and paid work in a country that isn't beset by crumbling infrastructure and drug cartel shootouts is a vast improvement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

New plan is awesome. It ensures that we keep the immigrants that help out society and throw back the ones that hold us back. I don't know why you would go for any other option personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Galil ACE View Post
    Its not that they want to do this, it is that they don't have any other options.
    Why would anybody want to work for technically free when the law guarantees a minimum wage?
    lol wut? So they can support a familly and live in a relatively safe country? It's the same reason I see 8 illegals (assuming) on the streets with signs asking for work every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Ave07 View Post
    I voted no just because it seems unfair for those waiting for years trying to get in the country fairly.
    The folks that end up coming in legally also end up (ON AVERAGE) getting better and more livable jobs. I don't think illegals are mostly taking jobs from recent migrants let alone from citizens.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15