Is auto-kicking from party possible?

Hi,

Situation: I was in a 3-man party from my guild recently, and we queued for a battleground (can’t remember which one or which type, we are all 90s though).

Anyway, was in the middle of chatting to the other 2 folks in my party when suddenly my msgs aren’t sending. I check and see that I’m no longer in the party, and the other two are apparently already in the BG. I whispered them to see if they’d kicked me and they vehemently denied they had done so. Also, I got no “you’ve been kicked from the group” type msgs either. We all get along quite well too and have had no previous issues with each other.

Question: is it possible to be in a party-instance from yr guild, enter a raid, dungeon, or in this example, battleground, and be automatically -- somehow -- kicked? If so, what is the reason for this? If not, I am suspicious they may have just kicked me. Thoughts?

10+ Year Old Account
    If, in a BG, a large number of the team report you AFK at the same time, you get removed with no warning or debuff.

Did it in a 36man premade IOC not long ago, we all kicked people going against our plan by nuking them with all our reports at once.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Quote Originally Posted by peckerhead View Post
    Hi,

Situation: I was in a 3-man party from my guild recently, and we queued for a battleground (can’t remember which one or which type, we are all 90s though).

Anyway, was in the middle of chatting to the other 2 folks in my party when suddenly my msgs aren’t sending. I check and see that I’m no longer in the party, and the other two are apparently already in the BG. I whispered them to see if they’d kicked me and they vehemently denied they had done so. Also, I got no “you’ve been kicked from the group” type msgs either. We all get along quite well too and have had no previous issues with each other.

Question: is it possible to be in a party-instance from yr guild, enter a raid, dungeon, or in this example, battleground, and be automatically -- somehow -- kicked? If so, what is the reason for this? If not, I am suspicious they may have just kicked me. Thoughts?
    From what it sounds like, and I may be wrong, but you were not in the battleground, but they were, correct? If so, then you would know if you were still in a party with them. You would see the other two members grouped with you. If you don't see them grouped with you and they were in the bg then you were kicked whether intentionally or via bug by battleground joining.

Now, if you were in the battleground with them and it did it then it's hard to tell if you were or weren't until you leave the bg and see if you are still grouped with them.

Quote Originally Posted by ViridianCC View Post
    If, in a BG, a large number of the team report you AFK at the same time, you get removed with no warning or debuff.

Did it in a 36man premade IOC not long ago, we all kicked people going against our plan by nuking them with all our reports at once.

What you are talking about is different than what he is. That would be in reference to "Instance" chat whereas he was doing "Party" chat via being grouped with people (which is still active despite being in an instance).

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    From what it sounds like, and I may be wrong, but you were not in the battleground, but they were, correct? If so, then you would know if you were still in a party with them. You would see the other two members grouped with you. If you don't see them grouped with you and they were in the bg then you were kicked whether intentionally or via bug by battleground joining.

Now, if you were in the battleground with them and it did it then it's hard to tell if you were or weren't until you leave the bg and see if you are still grouped with them.
    Thanks for replies.

We were all queued together, and no-one was yet in the BG. Suddenly my msgs (for our 3-man party) weren’t going through, they had been transported to BG, and I had been left behind . That’s when I msg’d them to see if they’d kicked me, which they denied.

I’m trying to decide what to believe: was it a glitch? Can BG’s do this automatically for whatever reason, or did they just kick me?
    Last edited by peckerhead; 2013-05-02 at 05:01 AM.

It is entirely possible to not get into the BG after having pressed Accept, i have alot of times i press accept, then nothing happends at all, then some minutes later it just drops it and I can requeue, but before that its some error text. Alot of weird Wow things lateley, and more patches, more they become.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by peckerhead View Post
    We were all queued together, and no-one was yet in the BG. Suddenly my msgs (for our 3-man party) weren’t going through, they had been transported to BG, and I had been left behind. That’s when I msg’d them to see if they’d kicked me, which they denied.

I’m trying to decide what to believe: was it a glitch? Can BG’s do this automatically for whatever reason, or did they just kick me?
    For some reason it looks like you managed to miss the dialogue asking you to accept the BG.

Reasons for this could include:
    Connection issues/glitch.
    You pressed esc to close some window that was open at the exact moment the dialogue box opened, thus missing it and not realising it.
    You were zoning as the dialogue box opened.
    A bug in the game.

From what you are describing, your buddies could not have kicked you, because they entered the BG at the exact time you left the party. ie they left the party because they got into the BG. If they had kicked you, they would have had to requeue for the BG, and therefore they would not have been in the BG when you were booted from the group. They could not have kicked you after the dialogue popped up either, because you would have still been able to accept.

Quote Originally Posted by Solidhype View Post
    It is entirely possible to not get into the BG after having pressed Accept, i have alot of times i press accept, then nothing happends at all, then some minutes later it just drops it and I can requeue, but before that its some error text. Alot of weird Wow things lateley, and more patches, more they become.
    Hmmm…. yes, good point – a lot of bugs and glitches are happening, so your explanation is far more likely probable. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post

{snip}

From what you are describing, your buddies could not have kicked you, because they entered the BG at the exact time you left the party. ie they left the party because they got into the BG. If they had kicked you, they would have had to requeue for the BG, and therefore they would not have been in the BG when you were booted from the group. They could not have kicked you after the dialogue popped up either, because you would have still been able to accept.
    OK, I find this to be a convincing response. Thanks, and I think I owe my buddies an apology for being overly-sensitive towards them about this issue.

yeah what a retard move
    I mean that chance that you're actually good (that is better than the people you kicked) is so slim (lim->0) that it can be savely disregarded.