Page 1 of 4
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    USA, Lima Ohio
    Posts
    198

    PVP Power VS Strength "after patch"

    I was just sitting here thinking, after the patch hits live will strength trump pvp power since pvp power is getting lowered on everything? Or will pvp power still be the main stat for offense? Or perhaps will I want to do a half and half ordeal?!
    Haf-932 /// Asus Maximus Iv Extreme /// 2600k Overclocked ~ 4.4ghz /// 8gb Corsair Dominator DHX RAM
    160gb Intel SSD /// WD Black 500GB /// 1000 Corsair PSU /// Msi Twin Frozr Gtx 680 Overclocked ~ 1135Mhz/1200Mhz

  2. #2
    Moderator Nicola's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    4,706
    With the new gem changes ( See front page), there's absolutely no point to stack PvP Power.

  3. #3
    I am Murloc! Baracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    5,593
    As of now they've reduced how much % damage/healing you get from each pvp power point and they've reduced the amount of pvp power on gems(to make more sockets less of an advantage in PvP). Weird to nerf the power of an already nerfed weak gem that nobody would choose.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

  4. #4
    Brewmaster Zaxio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Sofia/Bulgaria
    Posts
    1,481
    Well back to critical strike/haste gems

  5. #5
    Banned Korgoth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Barbaria
    Posts
    6,088
    They should just remove the power and resil gems and enchants. It doesn't accomplish much having them at half strength anyway, and it would promote more cross play between pve and pvp.

  6. #6
    Moderator Nicola's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    4,706
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaxio View Post
    Well back to critical strike/haste gems
    Most specs will just go for their primary stats ( int/agi/str )..

    Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    They should just remove the power and resil gems and enchants. It doesn't accomplish much having them at half strength anyway, and it would promote more cross play between pve and pvp.
    On live we are already at a point where 2 pvp = 1 int/str/agi for some classes... The previous nerf + this nerf makes it plain useless...

  7. #7
    Banned Ryan Cailan Ebonheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Long Island New York, USA
    Posts
    1,457
    Another stupid change. Just remove pvp power from the game already and put pvp gear back on par with normal raiding gear primary stats.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    Another stupid change. Just remove pvp power from the game already and put pvp gear back on par with normal raiding gear primary stats.
    Agreed, i wish they would bring back the old system, put resil on gear and just call it quits.

  9. #9
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    USA, Lima Ohio
    Posts
    198
    Well Right now I am 65% resilience, and 55% pvp power, I use full pvp power gems in blues, full resilience in yellow, and for reds I use the strength/pvp power gems...I am so afraid to see my %'s once patch hits...I am sick of the changes, just pick a way and stick with it! Guess I will be re-gemming it looks like for pure strength, I thought the point of pvp power was to trump strength so pve gear was useless in pvp...but I guess I misunderstood...?!


    If I was in this decision I would just make resilience a base of 72% and remove it all together, make pvp power cap out at 58%...and to fix the issue with killing healers I would make pvp power a little more potent to healers...by just like .03% per point of pvp power or something, instead of messing with fatigue! They make things to difficult, at least it seems that way to me!
    Last edited by jmmathe1988; 2013-05-03 at 02:01 AM.
    Haf-932 /// Asus Maximus Iv Extreme /// 2600k Overclocked ~ 4.4ghz /// 8gb Corsair Dominator DHX RAM
    160gb Intel SSD /// WD Black 500GB /// 1000 Corsair PSU /// Msi Twin Frozr Gtx 680 Overclocked ~ 1135Mhz/1200Mhz

  10. #10
    I doubt anyone will be gemming power/resil after the patch. They need to stop changing so much shit midway through the expansion

  11. #11
    Warchief Kezotar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    2,199
    Problem here is that PvP power only affects PvP. Say daily quests, it wont affect your dmg there, so if you have let's say 12 PvP power gems,that's alot of stats wasted. Usless anyway...
    I7 - 4930K / 16 GB - 1600MHZ / R9 290 Core 1220 MHZ - Memory 1550 MHZ

  12. #12
    Stood in the Fire KBWarriors's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Azeroth
    Posts
    477
    I don't know that there's really a point to PvP gear period after 5.3

    My Mage lost a considerable amount of Spell Power/important sub-stats all so that he could gem for PvP power and Resilience. However, with the HARD unnecessary nerf to PvP power coming, that low spell power will be like tickling them.

    With 65% as a base resilience, I'm not sure there's a point to not be PvE geared in PvP. PvP gear substantially lowers AP/SP by a huge margin but the way to make it up for that was via PvP Power.

    However, going down to 256 per 1% or something stupid like that is unacceptable and I can't imagine the brains behind that change or what they were thinking. I'm not sure what the purpose of owning PvP gear will even be once the patch hits.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    With the new gem changes ( See front page), there's absolutely no point to stack PvP Power.
    Who'd thought?

    Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    I doubt anyone will be gemming power/resil after the patch. They need to stop changing so much shit midway through the expansion
    We need another time sink for PvE players and since they lack any last minute ideas they're just rolling all over PvP to make it happen.

    Quote Originally Posted by KBWarriors View Post
    However, going down to 256 per 1% or something stupid like that is unacceptable and I can't imagine the brains behind that change or what they were thinking. I'm not sure what the purpose of owning PvP gear will even be once the patch hits.
    It's about 400 for 1%, it's overall an 33% nerf to PvP power. Now they're halving the PvP power and resilience gems give. Most of these nerfs are not in favor of PvP players in any kind of way but only cater to PvE players jumping into PvP.

    The funniest part is when 5.4 hits and the new season goes live they'll most likely increase the Arena ilevel cap to 509 seein as how the new set will be around 13 level above the current one. This means all PvE items would instantly be ilevel 509 while you need several weeks to get to the same ilevel with PvP gear.

  14. #14
    The Lightbringer TEHPALLYTANK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Texas(I wish it were CO)
    Posts
    3,392
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    Problem here is that PvP power only affects PvP. Say daily quests, it wont affect your dmg there, so if you have let's say 12 PvP power gems,that's alot of stats wasted. Usless anyway...
    ...Erm...last I checked PvP power only didn't work inside instances (Raids, dungeons, scenarios) yet works just fine in anything in the world. If there is such a change coming would you mind directing me to where you saw it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    ...Erm...last I checked PvP power only didn't work inside instances (Raids, dungeons, scenarios) yet works just fine in anything in the world. If there is such a change coming would you mind directing me to where you saw it?
    He's talking about fighting vs Mobs it's why he mentioned daily quests. Thing is, even with PvP power PvP gear will severely lack behind PvE gear in World PvP.

  16. #16
    The Lightbringer TEHPALLYTANK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Texas(I wish it were CO)
    Posts
    3,392
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    He's talking about fighting vs Mobs it's why he mentioned daily quests. Thing is, even with PvP power PvP gear will severely lack behind PvE gear in World PvP.
    I'm referring to fighting mobs, does it not currently improve dmg vs mobs? From what I remember it simply increases damage and healing done and loses effect when inside an instance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

  17. #17
    Banned Korgoth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Barbaria
    Posts
    6,088
    Who actually does World PVP?

    I had my DK on KJ for about 4 months, and they do the big world pvp thing with huge guilds on both factions, and really it was just dumb. They zerg into your main city, they attack the big NPC guy, there is so many of them it takes 10s to get off an instant ability, and then the guild on your faction zergs into their zerg, and everyone is DC'd and you log back in and the big NPC guy is reset, and they wipe and leave, and its done.

    What is this world pvp you are actually doing where the gear advantage matters?

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    I'm referring to fighting mobs, does it not currently improve dmg vs mobs? From what I remember it simply increases damage and healing done and loses effect when inside an instance.
    Doesn't only against players and their pets.

  19. #19
    The Lightbringer TEHPALLYTANK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Texas(I wish it were CO)
    Posts
    3,392
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Doesn't only against players and their pets.
    Oh, I think I mixed up PvP power applying for healing outside of instances...was trying to figure out if I had just missed something or forgotten it. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Now they're halving the PvP power and resilience gems give. Most of these nerfs are not in favor of PvP players in any kind of way but only cater to PvE players jumping into PvP.
    Actually, nerfing the gems will make the PvP power on the gear itself more important. It also eliminates the problem of PvE items with many sockets being better than PvP gear.

    Also, making gemming less important, will make it easier to balance things out in terms of damage and defensives because the spread on possible resilience levels is smaller in the playerbase.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •