Thread: "Go away"

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

"Go away"

So, Just a quick story.

I have been cheated on before, And it's made me an incredibly paranoid person, I have a hard time trusting women. And I automatically think every single one of them are sluts who can't keep their panties on, Blame the girl who cheated on me, Not me.

But none the less. I was talking to this girl who..I did date at one time, But now we are just friends and have been for a few (4) years. But I have never really let go of her and she has significantly warmed up to me since we broke up, She even flirts with me from time to time.

But tonight she was hanging out with a few friends (One of them being a guy) and we were talking and I noticed she seemed to not really care suddenly, Seemed disinterested in the conversation. Now I DO assume alot...so I said "I'm sorry, Am I interrupting your busy time?" In a condescending tone and she told me to "Just go away, Malcor" (Obviously not my real name)

What does that mean? I OBVIOUSLY understand it means "leave me alone" but is there anything DEEPER to that meaning? Or just she is annoyed with me?

Will she be mad at me for the next few days/week(s)? Probably

Will she not want to talk to me? Probably

Do I understand I let my insecurity piss off a friend? Definitely, But That's never stopped me before.

Probably means shes trying to get some D and you're blocking that.
    Or in a more sugar coated way, she wants to socially interact with this other guy or whoever else is there, and you're stomping on her fires yo.

Blame the girl who cheated on me, Not me.

always some1 else thats the cause. why would everyone be a slut if you met one of them? ask her.

10+ Year Old Account
    ask her what the fuck it means

how are we supposed to know

But incoming thread where everyone slings shit at you because you had to talk about how you cannot trust other people instead of limiting your statement to your intended topic of discussion. I don't think we really needed to know that, it doesn't even seem relevant to your question at all.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    She is interessested in that guy, and don't want you to ruin it.

brutal truth, sorry to say it.

I guess that there is like 5% chance that she wanted to make you jelaous, we will need to know more, to know if that's the case.

If you really wanted her back, you would have to make a move. Chances are you waited too long now. She moved on.

Deleted
    Ask her what it means, not people that can only speculate and probably make it worse.

Deleted
    So... you have trust issues with women. That's... fine i guess, you go to a bar or w/e with your friend (Or ex, but she now views you as a good friend i'd imagine) and when she chats to another dude (Hint, pulling) she snapped at you.

Seems dickish on her part, but then again you could of been breathing down her neck too much.

I'd casually raise it up when you meet her next, it'd be a shame to have poisoning feelings ruining a friendship over *Pulling*...

10+ Year Old Account
    Until you get over your insecurity (you should see a counselor), the only person to blame is you. You're overreacting and reading into something that you shouldn't, and despite not wanting to, that insecurity and possessiveness is coming out in the way you treat or talk to her. Everyone has friends, everyone needs their time, and no one wants to feel watched and distrusted.

I think it means she's an undercover FBI agent and you're interrupting a sting operation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems simple... She was put off by your admittedly condescending tone and told you to go away. Be nicer and she might not tell you to go away.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcor View Post
    Now I DO assume alot...so I said "I'm sorry, Am I interrupting your busy time?" In a condescending tone
    Dude -- you pull a dick move like this and you are wondering why she snapped at you? You are lucky you didn't get a drink thrown in your face.

Her response means "why are you being an ass to me. Clearly you have some sort of issue -- don't take it out on me."

Which is what you were doing. Taking out your admitted issues on her for no valid reason.

I think perhaps you should think about apologizing to her...not the other way around.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

they were about to reveal to each other that they're actually both lizard people. you, not being a lizard person, are not allowed to see that exchange. it's in the rules, sorry bro.

10+ Year Old Account
    Without context for the conversation, we can't really tell you any more.

But your attitude towards women sounds extremely unhealthy.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Deleted
    Sounds like you've annoyed her. Is there anything deeper? I doubt it. Sounds like you're insecure, have trust issues and have some issues with women due to your past. It wasn't your fault you were treated badly; but it is up to you how you let that dictate your personality and affect future relationships. You can't blame all future women for what one did in the past.

Seems like you know that though, you know your insecurities have pissed off a friend, you say it's not stopped you before... maybe you should take a step back and start letting it stop you, before you start running out of friends and regret it when it's too late.

Whether she still wants to be your friend, was having a bad day, whether you've really upset her or she was just slightly annoyed, no one knows... work it out with her if you think she's a friend worth keeping.

I have been cheated on before, And it's made me an incredibly paranoid person, I have a hard time trusting women. And I automatically think every single one of them are sluts who can't keep their panties on, Blame the girl who cheated on me, Not me.
    No no, you are to blame. Those are YOUR issues, nobody else's. Yeah, it's horrible that someone cheated on you and you have my sympathies for that, but the subsequent issues are yours to deal with and you are responsible for them. Passing responsibility on to someone else, always blaming other people for your own faults, will only hurt you in the long run. Your emotional and mental growth will be stunted, and you'll never develop into a 'proper' adult.

Sort that out, and then you can think about having a mature relationship with someone else. But let's go on to your specific issue anyway:

But tonight she was hanging out with a few friends (One of them being a guy) and we were talking and I noticed she seemed to not really care suddenly, Seemed disinterested in the conversation. Now I DO assume alot...so I said "I'm sorry, Am I interrupting your busy time?" In a condescending tone and she told me to "Just go away, Malcor" (Obviously not my real name)
    So you are just friends, not in any relationship whatsoever? As such, you have no claim, no right to dictate who she spends time with. Nor should you be getting upset over her talking to other men. So you were wrong, and her comment was an attempt to avoid a confrontation. She didn't want to deal with your issues which I assume she knows about, so just told you to go away before things escalated. That's pretty reasonable. Maybe she could've been more civil about it, but honestly, you're the one who was rude first.

So for your questions:

What does that mean? I OBVIOUSLY understand it means "leave me alone" but is there anything DEEPER to that meaning? Or just she is annoyed with me?
    As I said above. You acted like an immature child, she told you to go away before your issues escalated the matter and developed into a public fight. That's what it means.

Will she be mad at me for the next few days/week(s)? Probably
    Yep, you'd be right. To avoid this, I'd suggest going to her and apologising in person. Maybe ask via text/online chat if she's free to talk at some point, arrange a meeting, and apologise. Talk to her. Sort this out.

Will she not want to talk to me? Probably
    You should still do as I say above and try to talk to her. Don't let your issues get in the way of your friendship.

Do I understand I let my insecurity piss off a friend? Definitely, But That's never stopped me before.
    At the very least, you recognise that you've got problems. That's the first step to recovery. You now need to take the rest: go get some counselling, sort yourself out. Otherwise your life will end up miserable and lonely, and I'm fairly certain you don't want that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    Dude -- you pull a dick move like this and you are wondering why she snapped at you? You are lucky you didn't get a drink thrown in your face.

Her response means "why are you being an ass to me. Clearly you have some sort of issue -- don't take it out on me."

Which is what you were doing. Taking out your admitted issues on her for no valid reason.

I think perhaps you should think about apologizing to her...not the other way around.
    I concur with this 100%, also coming a similar experience as the OP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post

I completely agree. I've let my own insecurities affect my relationships in the past. It's your choice to let it do that.

Bloodsail Admiral melkesjokolade's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You pissed her off and since she told you to go away she doesnt have as much respect she should have if she really liked you and wanted a relationship with you, it wont work between you.

The end.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melkesjokolade View Post
    You pissed her off and since she told you to go away she doesnt have as much respect she should have if she really liked you and wanted a relationship with you, it wont work between you.

The end.
    I don't think it's fair to say that it would never work out between them. He can apologize and work on his insecurity issues to approach what could be a normal relationship.

I OBVIOUSLY understand it means "leave me alone"
    Not even, you should have waited till she was alone and asked her what was up with the attitude, if it was because she thought he they guy was cute, hell even tease her about her taste in men declining, basically state you didn't give a crap and thought it was funnier than anything else while getting the information you actually wanted to obtain.

If you're just looking to be friends with her, don't think anything of it, there's no reason for her to be upset at you... unless the situation turned more awkward than you're making it out to be... in which case I presume you're looking for more than a nice conversation.....and for that you really need to work on that 'paranoia' before.