Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Now it just feels like you are advertising every video that this guild does...

10+ Year Old Account
    I would like to take a moment, to remind all the forum nay-sayers, who called other posters names, spewed arrogance, and laughed when we said their was a 7th sha; we told you so )

We don't need Tri-Spec.

Fifth Element awesome as always.

I hope Garrosh isn't possesed by the Sha of Pride or something... I'm tired of the old "corrupted" excuse for evil bosses in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Oh, I certainly do. If it wasn't stated, it was implied. 50/50. "Want to get on your priest" was code for, we need top of the line deeps. "We need your resto druid" meant they were PVPing and needed heals. Now it's "eh, get on your raper monk" if they want to win whatever it is they are doing. I also know many people with 2 or more of the same class, each with different specs (oddly enough, equally geared). Might just be an RP thing in some of our minds.
    In the case of pure DPS classes I think of them just as the class, so hunter, rogue, mage vs mm hunter, sub rogue, frost mage. It doesnt really matter what spec they are because they all do the same thing. Otherwise its dps warrior, prot warrior, holy/prot/ret pally, ect as a reference to their role. The 2 priest healing specs are the same as a pure dps class. As for what you know your friends as, it would be their main spec. Friend X is a holy paladin with dps offspec. So even if that friend took prot as a 3rd spec, he would still be a holy paladin with both offspecs.

What GC said doesnt apply to a lot of players so it really isnt a good argument. Then add in the fact that you can have multiples of the same spec and his argument is completely worthless. I want to spec my hunter MM raid/MM solo/Surv, shes going to be different than most other hunters.

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Dunno what point you see here... we're already able to swap talent specs in a matter of 10 mins, gather different gear sets and learn how to play them. THIS would only make sense if classes were ONLY allowed to chose 2 specs and keep them forever.
    Yeah, I usually side with GC on most things, but he is losing this argument. We already have two specs, so nobody is a ´moonkin´ anymore. And even 3 specs is fairly easy right now as long as you don´t want to jump around mid raid. I go healing spec on Tuesdays to knock out LFR (with feral as secondary), then when I am done LFR, I change the healing to tanking for the rest of the week for satchels. Not really that big of a hassle. But I think GC´s argument is weak only because for most players, we really don´t think of them as a spec anyway. in my case, the spec I always keep (feral) is the one nobody sees me in because it is for soloing.

Deleted
    I get that DPS classes dont really need a third spec.. but healers / hybrids?!

I play druid, and I have the option to fill every role, which is sweet.. atm I play healer, but I believe the following could be true for tanks aswell:

I need 1 spec to be viable in PvE (Healing).. if I ever want to grind / quest / dailies... I got my offspec (feral). That was all fine till blizzard updated the PvP system in 5.2 (Great changes)... so now I have to fit in a PvP spec somewhere.. would love to have that as a third spec, instead of using (to be fair, not that much) time to change glyphs, talents and spells...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baphomette View Post
    Yeah, that's .. half of.. everyone :P Extra phase at the end of Heroic Garrosh fight?
    Or bonus heroic boss

Or most likely new world boss.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like Blizzard has fixed the slightly buggy quest since I last did it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alayea (4/13/2013 PTR Bug Report)
    When Seer Hao Pham Roo reaches the last rope anchor, he begins his dialogue as he is walking. However, he disappears prematurely, which I believe is why the audio cuts out early (around the part "as yourself").

I repeatedly tested this and the result was always the same - the NPC only walked halfway and then fade away while he was still talking. I couldn't get him to finish that part of his dialogue.

Seer Hao Pham Roo still appears besides the lore object "The Emperor's Burden - Part 2" to end the quest, though.

I'm also of two minds on the whole tri-spec matter. On one side, I wouldn't mind at all if players were allowed to pick a third because I know that I wouldn't bother with it outside of getting an achievement for it. On the other side, though, choosing a spec ought to be meaningful - if you can basically "select all" then nothing really matters.

I would strongly dislike it, if it were to ever happen, Blizzard removing dual-spec. I regularly switch between roles and I can very much remember what playing was like prior to patch 3.1. Here's a hint: A lot of people thought - and still do - that it was a godsend.
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SidheKnight View Post
    We don't need Tri-Spec.
    We don't need anything that has to do with this game. It is still something many people would like to have and would not hurt the game in any way. None of the excuses blizzard comes up with are valid.
    Last edited by Freia; 2013-05-02 at 05:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Strafer View Post
    News is pretty still right now.

No new PTR update?
    There have been several, but client updates only, no real changes.

Quote Originally Posted by summons inc View Post
    Now it just feels like you are advertising every video that this guild does...
    People seem to like them and the news is slow right now, I don't see a problem with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    People seem to like them and the news is slow right now, I don't see a problem with it.
    I don´t see the problem ether, pretty nice intro tbh.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SidheKnight View Post
    I hope Garrosh isn't possesed by the Sha of Pride or something... I'm tired of the old "corrupted" excuse for evil bosses in WoW.
    Probably not corrupted but because of his pride, he feeds the Sha unknowingly which in return feeds his hunger for power. So possessed or corrupted no, but working with, possible.

Ghostcrawler must be going senile. You ARE a druid. That you can only spec 2 of your 4 specs without visiting a trainer is a hassle and nothing more. You still have to gear properly for each spec which is actually what makes them unique.
    Last edited by Vesci; 2013-05-02 at 08:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    Can't say i'm that impressed with how the Sha of Pride is explained; seems to add more fuel to the notion that in the next expansion(s), the Faction conflict that has for so long been a part of WoW, even in the darkest times, is going to subside.
    Resolutions are much more sweet if the conflict has been a long time going. WoW won't last forever, and the war between the alliance and the horde has to end in a 'draw', it would piss too many people off if one side dominated the other. So:

A) They have to cease the conflict eventually
    B) They probably want to cease the conflict before they end WoW's expansion cycle entirely, so probably in the next 1-2 expansions (hopefully it will go on, but the longer they draw it out, the more random stuff that has nothing to do with established lore they have to make up, ie Sha)

There's nothing wrong with an end to something. Do you really want the game to stagnate and be remembered as something that didn't know when to quit?
    I think I've had enough of removing avatars today that feature girls covered in semen. Closing.
    -Darsithis

Deleted
    I guess garrosh is possessed with the sha of pride and i'm assuming the Sha of Pride will be the Ra-den of the final patch

What I find interesting is the Emperor couldn't get rid of his pride and that's why the mists were created around Pandraria.

Defend dual spec, defend dual spec, defend dual spec.

Patch 6.0 - Introducing tri-spec!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pankind View Post

Exactly.. typicall Blizzard attitude during all of MoP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pankind View Post

I am just hoping that the same will be done to MoP's talent system: defend it until 6.0 then dump it ASAP.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by klorx View Post
    I guess garrosh is possessed with the sha of pride and i'm assuming the Sha of Pride will be the Ra-den of the final patch
    I'd disagree with that. I, personally, feel that the Sha of Pride is too important (MoP lore wise) to have it be a heroic only boss, something that only a small percentage of players will experience.