Page 1 of 3
LastLast

520iLevel - How much damage do you do??

So I'm sitting at 520 (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...erous/advanced) and was running an LFR when someone said in the raid that I should be doing more damage. Maybe so..maybe not. Got me thinking what others people damage output at this iLevel is. Since hearing the comment, I've been reforging like mad and trying different reforges and gemming so please ignore the mega haste build I've got in there now. I've not tried it yet but I'm missing a ton of +ints since just about everything has the +320 haste gem.

Oh, WoL from a recent LFR...http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...um/damageDone/ I'm Odyferous

So what are you guys getting? Curious to see where I'm sitting.

Quote Originally Posted by spaztom View Post
    So I'm sitting at 520 (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...erous/advanced) and was running an LFR when someone said in the raid that I should be doing more damage. Maybe so..maybe not. Got me thinking what others people damage output at this iLevel is. Since hearing the comment, I've been reforging like mad and trying different reforges and gemming so please ignore the mega haste build I've got in there now. I've not tried it yet but I'm missing a ton of +ints since just about everything has the +320 haste gem.

Oh, WoL from a recent LFR...http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...um/damageDone/ I'm Odyferous

These questions come up all the time and are all equally pointless, I'm afraid. Asking how much dps you should be doing at any point can never be answered by someone because it has so many variables - trinkets, stats, racials, encounter type, raid dps and encounter length, tricks, stormlash, etc. The only way to check if you are where you should be is to run Simcraft on yourself and other raiders in your group.

Dashboard>Ranking Info>% of limit
    If you have more than 90%, things are good.
    If you have less than 90%, you are probably doing something wrong.

Deleted

Also, you shouldn't worry about howmuch people in dungeon/raidfinder tell you you should. Some people get jealous when you outdps them, as clearly shown in the log. And then they come up with stuff to make themself feel better (like it's only your gear and you should do better, or the famous: if i had your gear i'd kick you ass lalala).

For the rest: What Evralia said.

Point made, Evralia.

Thanks for the info Ridcully...didn't know that existed...very cool indeed!

Tryana...agreed! I'm not soft skinned or any of that nonsense but still...ya never can tell if you're doing as well as you should. My GOD..especially this tier...damn crit/haste/mastery/reforges/blah blah blah! :P
    Last edited by spaztom; 2013-05-02 at 11:50 AM.

your jinrokh parse is really on the lower side. horridon as well but it looks like you are simply not shadowburn cleaving from the adds to the boss at all. I don't know what you are doing wrong but yes you should do significantly more than you are doing atm.

15+ Year Old Account
    Noticed you actually ranked yourself on the Council of Elders encounter. Looking at what Ridcully said, you were at 105% for that encounter. The other two you were considerably lower than that.

One fight you are doing better, and two you are not. Guess you are better at certain types of encounters.
    Last edited by Statix; 2013-05-02 at 11:56 AM.
    Statix will suffice.

Yeah, first fight I 'think' I was GoSac to see if it made any difference. The Horridon fight I was just off...

Deleted
    Comparing you to my guildie who also plays a destro lock, you are in similar gear (he has 2 more ilvls, 4set, mastery reforge in that LFR run, legendary meta, but at least the same trinkets) but have rather different spell use (and your dps is way lower on Jin'rokh). Comparebot lists the difference in damage breakdown nicely. As a shadow priest, I'd say it might be a good idea to use the talent that allows you to move while casting (I so wish I had that) and improve your dot uptime (and doing the legendary quest line for the meta and extra socket in weapon might give some benefit too). But I obviously have no clue about locks. Anyway, I hope the comparison link helps. :>

Holy cow ATI..that is the coolest freakin thing I've seen!!! Thanks so much. I'll be hitting that website a ton over the next few days.

Deleted
    Glad to help! And yes, comparebot is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Ridcully View Post
    Dashboard>Ranking Info>% of limit
    If you have more than 90%, things are good.
    If you have less than 90%, you are probably doing something wrong.
    why 90%?

10char

I'm with 520 ilvl without LMG was running 215k on Jinrohk N, 210k~ on Horridon and 190k on Council as affliction.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JV Chequer View Post
    I'm with 520 ilvl without LMG was running 215k on Jinrohk N, 210k~ on Horridon and 190k on Council as affliction.
    All 3 have too many variables to be comparable. Only fight I can think of is Durumu normal/LFR.

Deleted
    IMHO wol really isn't the best reference for dps, especially in this patch. With all the padders and trinket 'abusers', it's starting to loose it's usefulness. I tend to look at it this way: as long as you manage to be on pair with your guildies in your current progress, you're doing fine. Don't try to compare yourself with full heroic geared padders on wol.

Quote Originally Posted by Filth the Warlock View Post
    All 3 have too many variables to be comparable. Only fight I can think of is Durumu normal/LFR.
    Indeed, just answering the OP doubt, I don't even know if my numbers are good or not.

Btw, Life drain is a minor RNG in Durumu.

My tip to you is stop logging LFR and taking it srs

Deleted
    Yeah, first fight I 'think' I was GoSac to see if it made any difference. The Horridon fight I was just off...
    Sacrifice is not realy great on Horridon or Council, as these are multi target fights.

Go with Sup there. On stuff like Jinrohk, Sacrifice is good (or better depends on gear).

It's really hard to compare with these encounters indeed.
    For example, I could say that my Wild Imps are doing 98k'ish DPS in Council, yet it proves nothing :x.

PS. LFR UVLS contains alot of RNG, sometimes seeing first procc 2 minutes into fight :/