Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Faylo View Post
    Sacrifice is not realy great on Horridon or Council, as these are multi target fights.
    Go with Sup there. On stuff like Jinrohk, Sacrifice is good (or better depends on gear).
    Actually a little curious about this.

    Would you say the statement about Sac on Horridon is situational to progression Vs farm? Just scanning over some of the top parses I see locks with +50% of their damage coming from CB and SBurn which seems to scream Sacrifice, however the pet is still providing more dmg than Sac primarily due to the pet just tunneling the boss whom has DMG modifiers. While Boss dmg is not wasted dmg, during progression it seems like having your dmg shifted to you (the adds) would be more beneficial.

    I'm a few nights into progression on him and had planned to try sac next set of attempts to see if I can improve my effective damage on adds, interested in input form others who have been through the process and tried both.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by rables View Post
    IMHO wol really isn't the best reference for dps, especially in this patch. With all the padders and trinket 'abusers', it's starting to loose it's usefulness. I tend to look at it this way: as long as you manage to be on pair with your guildies in your current progress, you're doing fine. Don't try to compare yourself with full heroic geared padders on wol.
    But it takes everything into consideration -- all public parses. People cheesing, and people not knowing what they're doing. Overgeared and undergeared.

    And you can reasonably assume full heroic geared raiders are doing heroic content, so you can just check yourself against normal modes. etc, etc

  3. #23
    Ranking nowadays is just praying for good RNG on your RPPM thingies.
    The difference between 400K to 250K burst and things like that
    Trylb / Galesin
    Winners never quit, Quitters never win
    Nobody Said It Was Easy

  4. #24
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    72
    i'm a lock aswell, i do over 200k on all first 3 bosses (am talking about raidfinder), my numbers are abit different on normal / Heroic;
    1st around 220 (both as aff and dest)
    2nd around 240 aff
    3rd around 180-240 (aff)
    (those are the numbers before i got my gem, have not tested with gem yet
    ilvl 521
    Last edited by Brolyowns; 2013-05-03 at 11:32 AM.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Faylo View Post
    Sacrifice is not realy great on Horridon or Council, as these are multi target fights.

    Go with Sup there. On stuff like Jinrohk, Sacrifice is good (or better depends on gear).
    Why wouldn't you use sac as destro on Horridon, basically all you do in that fight is use CB and Shadow Burn.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronkeli View Post
    Why wouldn't you use sac as destro on Horridon, basically all you do in that fight is use CB and Shadow Burn.
    on hc it's very convenient to put the pet on the spirit during hectic moments where you don't wanna waste globals to push back the add.

  7. #27
    Pit Lord MrHappy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    2,498
    in 522 i open burst around 290-300k depending on lucky crits. 270-280 without doomguard as opener.

    rest depends on fight. Pure single target can be anywhere from 150-180 and fights where 4+ or have to aoe i do 200-220k
    www.cherishyourit.ca MCTS - Win 7, MCTS - AD, A+, Security+

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronkeli View Post
    Why wouldn't you use sac as destro on Horridon, basically all you do in that fight is use CB and Shadow Burn.
    I dunno, Thought he was Aff, my bad idd - Sac Horridon Rocks
    Main: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...l%C3%A8/simple
    Old Main: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Needle/simple
    LFR Hero/Alt: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...astasya/simple
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefie View Post
    Everyone who does not miss Vanilla has no heart. Whoever wishes it back has no brain.

  9. #29
    Can you guys post some links? Brolyowns and MrHappy...sure you 'say' you did that well but numbers speak louder than words! If not, no biggie

  10. #30
    I'm 522 and I did 258k on Horridon 10N and 375k on Council 10N as Aff.

    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/shsst5uo2o00h7rn/

  11. #31
    Blademaster Malvanis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    25
    I am currently 520 ilv on my warlock, although I do have breath of the hydra and UVLS and a 535 Heroic staff. Here is my armory link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...alvanis/simple

    Here is a comparison of your DPS compared to mine on Horridon LFR: http://raidbots.com/comparebot/5184cd0674254e39600002ab

    Both fights lasted a very similar amount of time and are thus a fairly good comparison. The talents I used for the fight were mannoroths fury and Grimoire of Sacrifice.

    Right off the bat I can see that you only used Dark Soul 3 times whereas I used it 5. You need to be using these spells almost on cooldown during Normal raids to optimize your dps. The only time you should consider saving the cooldown is for fights where you need strong burst at certain points and this burst is more important than high dps over the course of the fight. I have a considerable amount more damage than you from my Chaos Bolts and Shadbowburns with a similar amount of damage from rain of fire. This leads me to believe that you aren't dumping your embers effectively enough during this fight.
    Last edited by Malvanis; 2013-05-04 at 09:08 AM.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Livendula View Post
    I'm 522 and I did 258k on Horridon 10N and 375k on Council 10N as Aff.

    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/shsst5uo2o00h7rn/
    I see the SS bug is treating you well ^_^

  13. #33
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    France
    Posts
    145
    whats about this ss bug?

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by sster View Post
    whats about this ss bug?
    Soulswapping dots keeps the buffs of the original set.

    With an unglyphed Soul Swap and more than 1 target you can "refresh" your dots before UA runs out.

    Think of a set of dots with 100% crit, potion, ds and most procs up. Then think of having that set of dots for 95% of the fight.

    That's what you can easily see with Livendula's logs on Council: ridiculous amount of crits on dots with only a few normal hits mostly from the first dots to proc stuff and last boss (when you don't have a 2nd target to bounce any more).


    Do note that although it's abusing a game mechanic and can almost be seen as an exploit by the numbers it pushes, it is actually decently hard to pull off to get really good numbers with it. I personally tried it only on Megaera and lost my stack at the 4th rampage due to the head dieing too fast, by that time I was only doing 160k sustained (no food, flask or potion use).
    Livendula's 375k overall is just plain awesome and I applaud him/her for the accomplishment.
    Warlocks aren't looking for anything logical, like money.
    They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with.
    Warlocks just want to watch the world burn.

    Kilmir on: Armory | EpeenBot | Twitch.tv| WoL | SPQ guild | WoWProgress

  15. #35
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    France
    Posts
    145
    strange just tried and affdots says taht 2nd SS does not have the buff replicated

  16. #36
    Pit Lord MrHappy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    2,498
    Quote Originally Posted by spaztom View Post
    Can you guys post some links? Brolyowns and MrHappy...sure you 'say' you did that well but numbers speak louder than words! If not, no biggie
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...yze/dd/source/ latest log we have. didn't have Monday's log unfortunately Iron Qon is probably the fight where i can burst the highest. last night i peaked at 375k burst dps (had good rng)
    www.cherishyourit.ca MCTS - Win 7, MCTS - AD, A+, Security+

  17. #37
    To get ranked on horridon you need to focus on him as soon as he gets Cracked Shell debuff, use adds to generate embers (with rain of fire, fire and brimstone immolate and maybe conflagrate and then finishing them with shadowburns) which you will then dump on boss (chaos bolts) while he is affected with this debuff, which makes him take more damage. Someone could see this tactic as padding, but us others have said most ranks in this tier are achieved by padding.
    Custom warlock script for Ovale Spell Priority addon
    http://wow.curseforge.com/addons/ova...script-wip/#p1

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilmir View Post
    Soulswapping dots keeps the buffs of the original set.

    With an unglyphed Soul Swap and more than 1 target you can "refresh" your dots before UA runs out.

    Think of a set of dots with 100% crit, potion, ds and most procs up. Then think of having that set of dots for 95% of the fight.

    That's what you can easily see with Livendula's logs on Council: ridiculous amount of crits on dots with only a few normal hits mostly from the first dots to proc stuff and last boss (when you don't have a 2nd target to bounce any more).


    Do note that although it's abusing a game mechanic and can almost be seen as an exploit by the numbers it pushes, it is actually decently hard to pull off to get really good numbers with it. I personally tried it only on Megaera and lost my stack at the 4th rampage due to the head dieing too fast, by that time I was only doing 160k sustained (no food, flask or potion use).
    Livendula's 375k overall is just plain awesome and I applaud him/her for the accomplishment.
    So how do you spread those dots to 4 targets? I could see by swapping you could keep them up on 1, but 4?
    Trylb / Galesin
    Winners never quit, Quitters never win
    Nobody Said It Was Easy

  19. #39
    as a firemage 521ilvl my dps varies from 110k-160k depending on rng.

    edit: dunno about lfr, dont run it anymore. but generally you can ignore more things in lfr wich means more time standing still and dpsing, so i guess numbers could inflate higher on some fights.
    Last edited by Aphrel; 2013-05-08 at 10:49 AM.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by aGit View Post
    why 90%?

    10char
    Less than 90% dot uptime is bad, that's why.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •