1. #1

    Any new dungeons coming out?

    Sick of people just blasting their way through these now. Im wanting a bit of a challenge (i know there was never much of one anyway), had a tank today just pull run everything in SH

    There must be a ZA type patch coming out soon is there?

  2. #2
    No, not in 5.3 at least. They seem to prefer scenarios now for small group content.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiralphoenix View Post
    No, not in 5.3 at least. They seem to prefer scenarios now for small group content.
    Disappointing to say the least. I cant say ive done a scenario apart from the Thunder Island ones and the Theremore one when it got released.

  4. #4
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    473
    I doubt (though can't be 100% sure) that there will be any new dungeons this expansion. It seems that scenarios are now to fill that gap, which is extremely disappointing to me. I like dungeons, I detest scenarios.

  5. #5
    Herald of the Titans serenka's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Berkshire - South England
    Posts
    2,851
    i think blizzard want to switch to focus more on scenarios to tell the story in new patches instead of 5mans now, i like the change! don't have to wait for tanks!
    i think they should put some loot in scenarios though, make them more worth doing.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Tart View Post
    Im wanting a bit of a challenge (i know there was never much of one anyway), had a tank today just pull run everything in SH
    Run challenge modes.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    Run challenge modes.
    All accomplished on gold.

    ---------- Post added 2013-05-03 at 02:53 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by serenka View Post
    i think blizzard want to switch to focus more on scenarios to tell the story in new patches instead of 5mans now, i like the change! don't have to wait for tanks!
    i think they should put some loot in scenarios though, make them more worth doing.
    Would feel a bit more rewarding but still i would like something new with bosses having bigger health pools.

  8. #8
    I don't know how you can detest scenarios whilst liking dungeons.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tart View Post
    All accomplished on gold.
    A new dungeon would not be more challenging than a current challenge mode; wantint a challenge is a bit of a mute point.

  9. #9
    Any new dungeons would be a zergfest as well anyway, that's the point of heroics now. 5 man challenges are in the appropriately named challenge modes.

    That said, heroic scenarios may also give you the challenge you desire, considering you can't use the LFD system for them. Need to make a pre-made, like challenge modes.

  10. #10
    Blizzard devs have said that dungeon development time competes with raids development and they are not making any new dungeons for the rest of the expac.

    It's fun to get new dungeons, but in lieu of new dungeons you can do challenge modes on alts

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    Any new dungeons would be a zergfest as well anyway, that's the point of heroics now. 5 man challenges are in the appropriately named challenge modes.

    That said, heroic scenarios may also give you the challenge you desire, considering you can't use the LFD system for them. Need to make a pre-made, like challenge modes.
    ZA and ZG was some what challenging to the mass majority, especially on the speed run. Dont understand why they cant just bring out a couple of new up to date dungeons every few patches with bigger health pools and harder hitting mobs/bosses.

    ---------- Post added 2013-05-03 at 03:08 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Ampere View Post
    Blizzard devs have said that dungeon development time competes with raids development and they are not making any new dungeons for the rest of the expac.
    What an absolute shame and disappointment.

  12. #12
    Herald of the Titans serenka's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Berkshire - South England
    Posts
    2,851
    Quote Originally Posted by Tart View Post
    All accomplished on gold.

    ---------- Post added 2013-05-03 at 02:53 PM ----------



    Would feel a bit more rewarding but still i would like something new with bosses having bigger health pools.

    yea, but it can't be anything too hard, the point of scenarios is you're suppose to be able to run them with any classes/specs, not requiring a tank/healer, so i think they're trying not to make anything too hard.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasc View Post
    I don't know how you can detest scenarios whilst liking dungeons.



    A new dungeon would not be more challenging than a current challenge mode; wantint a challenge is a bit of a mute point.
    Did you not think ZA and ZG were more challenging then Blackrock Caverns and co?

    ---------- Post added 2013-05-03 at 03:11 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by serenka View Post
    yea, but it can't be anything too hard, the point of scenarios is you're suppose to be able to run them with any classes/specs, not requiring a tank/healer, so i think they're trying not to make anything too hard.
    So in other words they want to abolish 5 man dungeons?

  14. #14
    Warchief Solidito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Greater Manchester
    Posts
    2,159
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasc View Post
    I don't know how you can detest scenarios whilst liking dungeons.
    Well for a start Scenarios just feel like a quest while leveling, dungeons you kill elites and bosses, they take longer and you need group setups (tank, healer, dps). Maybe not so much atm as we super outgear them, but yeah. There's a pretty massive difference between scenarios and dungeons, don't understand how you can't see this.

  15. #15
    New dungeons do nothing but funnel people into them, assuming they drop better gear, which would be expected. Thus the total amount of dungeons people do is reduced, not increased.
    And that's why they aren't going to add any new 5mans this expansion

    Now would I like more dungeons? Yes, but it's much more than that. There has been plenty of talk of why they don't add new dungeons, one being that it takes away plenty of resources for new raids.
    With LFR covering all raids, there's more incentive to keep devs on such content, rather than splitting and making less raids, and content/dungeons that ultimately makes older dungeons, and perhaps even some 5.0 LFRs, completely redundant for gearing up.

    It's always the same thing, ZA/ZG over and over, because they dropped better gear and gave more valor. Same with HoTs ones.

    In short, new dungeons are fun for a while but causes more issues than they fix (lack of new 5man content).
    New dungeons is simply a short-lived joy, but shortens the 90 experience overall

    If you read the blue post(s) on the frontpage, you see that most "quickie" items you can get shortly after hitting 90 in 5.3 is like 476 at max? It's because they don't want to repeat the Cataclysm clusterfuck where a patch made pretty much all previous content skippable. In 5.4 I doubt we'll have any need to run MSV LFR anymore, but at that point Terrace, ToT and SoO will be more than enough to keep players interested in the game.

    We certainly don't need another 4.3 patch
    Last edited by MasterHamster; 2013-05-03 at 02:20 PM.
    Nyoro~n? (´・ω・`)
    5:2 diet? Pft!

    One year, 62kg/136lb lost. Only a little bit left...

  16. #16
    Herald of the Titans serenka's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Berkshire - South England
    Posts
    2,851
    Quote Originally Posted by Tart View Post
    Did you not think ZA and ZG were more challenging then Blackrock Caverns and co?

    ---------- Post added 2013-05-03 at 03:11 PM ----------



    So in other words they want to abolish 5 man dungeons?

    i dont think they want to off them completely, i think we will still see them at start of expansions, but i think after that were going to just see scenarios, thats the way its been in MoP, and from what i can tell its been quite sucessful, i think blizzard are happy with how it turned out. guess we will have to wait and see.

  17. #17
    I would far rather have an awesome final raid tier than a set of three dungeons that I run for a week or two per alt and then abandon, which seems to be the pattern for late expansion dungeons. With the varying levels of LFR you've got the alternate gearup plan, anyhow.

    I approve of Blizzard's choice for the allocation of their designer's efforts. I'm sorry you don't.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by serenka View Post
    i dont think they want to off them completely, i think we will still see them at start of expansions, but i think after that were going to just see scenarios, thats the way its been in MoP, and from what i can tell its been quite sucessful, i think blizzard are happy with how it turned out. guess we will have to wait and see.
    If the majority are happy with this then who am i to tell them otherwise

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Tart View Post

    So in other words they want to abolish 5 man dungeons?
    No, they don't. They already said that it would have been better to do some 5 mans for 5.3 but they would have had to start working on them at the start of MoP so that they'd be finished for 5.3.

    Scenarios are fun the first few times and they can do some in very short time and with heroic scenarios they want to offer some challenging content for smaller groups.

    I'm not sure if 5 mans are worth the time they need to be created.

  20. #20
    Herald of the Titans serenka's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Berkshire - South England
    Posts
    2,851
    Quote Originally Posted by Tart View Post
    If the majority are happy with this then who am i to tell them otherwise

    well i don't know if that really is the case.

    i can see the appeal to scenarios, but it would be nice at least on the final boss of an expansion to get a 5man. they just feel a bit more epic, scenarios can feel just like a group quest sometimes.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •