Deleted

Trouble with Un'Sok

Hey guys,

First off, sorry I don't have any logs for you.
    We're having issue on Un'Sok the Amber Shaper.
    10 man normal mode.

Thought I'd edit this quickly to throw in our comp of last night.
    Tanks: Paladin/Paladin
    Melee: Rogue, Death Knight
    Ranged: SPriest, Ele [me], Mage
    Healer: Druid, Priest, Druid/Priest [he switched]

Phase 1:
    Ranged kill Ambers, then Constructs then nuke boss.

Phase 2:
    We do the same, but instead of nuking the boss, we nuke the big construct.

Phase 3:
    We died shortly after entering it.

I noticed some of our people not interrupting their explosions, but that shouldn't be all there is too it.

Any help?
    Last edited by mmoc851eedbfae; 2013-05-02 at 12:01 PM.

Deleted
    You can basically mostly ignore the ambers.. they die very fast so you dont need to focus on it really. Just make sure to keep spread out, because they heal if another one dies close to them.

as for "that cannot be all" .. i think it probably is. If someone doesnt interrupt his own cast it's basically a wipe.
    (Healers would need to have everyone on top health to survive it, and they won't have at that time.)
    Not interrupting the boss is a bit less detrimental, but in low gear which i assume you have, it is aswell. People NEED to stop spamming the 1 button when your own spell cd gets below 6s and just wait for it to come and then press 2 asap. I know it's a bit of a dps loss to do so, but it's the safest way to do it.
    The only other thing i can mention is that people should always be aware of their energy levels, so they have energy to interrupt when the time comes (so eat puddles to get energy when needed)

Good luck.

Deleted
    What are you wiping to? People not interrupting themselves/the big construct or the raid damage in phase 3?

If it is the former, then you need to ensure everyone knows what to do? You can even make it as simple as this:
    When someone gets reshaped, priority is interrupting the big construct, then yourself
    IF: Boss explosion is > 10 seconds away, press 1
    Otherwise: wait for cast before pressing 1
    If you are casting, press 2, if both you and boss are casting, press 2 then 1
    DO NOT PANIC if sub 20% health, without eating any pools, you should be able to do at least:
    1, 1, 2, 1, 1, 2, 1, 1 break out (from 100 energy to 10 or so)

In phase 3
    - Make sure that no blobs are killed under the raid (drag them out of the raid before killing them) and no one is standing in pools
    - Try to have minimal healing on person with the parasite debuff - do not tranq, or at least have them stand outside of the range of tranq (let them die if you really need to)
    - You can use immunities against the parasite (iceblock, cloak of shadows, bubble + symbiosis of those abilities)
    - Make sure people who get turned into constructs go and eat the yellow puddles 1-2 at a time when they are below 50 energy inbetween putting stacks on the boss
    - Constructs can shield the raid from the yellow attacks that come from the sides of the room to minimise healing, so have your constructs stand on the outside of the raid

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Don't forget you can interupt the explosion of the big guy too

People who fail to interrupt themselves or the big add will likely wipe the raid. That is pretty much the entire fight.
    I don't think this matters nearly as much as you think it does.

Deleted
    I think our biggest issue is that most people forget to save Amber Strike for interrupting, and that our healers are in range of Massive Stomp.

As for gear, I'm probably the lowest geared in our group at 491.

Quote Originally Posted by Insarius View Post
    I think our biggest issue is that most people forget to save Amber Strike for interrupting, and that our healers are in range of Massive Stomp.

As for gear, I'm probably the lowest geared in our group at 491.
    You answered your own question, gear isn't an issue for you guys. Just stop having healers getting stomped and watch timers to have interrupt ready.
    do what you feel.

Seems like you have the biggest problem figured out. I'd suggest just assigning 1 person to watch the timer for the amber monstrosity explosion. Call out when it hits 10 seconds to go. At that point, anyone who is constructed should stop using their strike and hold it for the next interrupt. Also, just in case, make sure all your raiders understand that their "1" ability interrupts the monstrosity, their "2" ability interrupts themselves. I've seen wipes that happened purely because of confusion on that mechanic. It's worth pointing out to your raid that interrupting the monstrosity takes priority over interrupting themselves as the big guy's explosion is far more damaging.

Something else that may cause wipes is the parasitic growth debuff. Have as little healing directed at them as possible, if your paladins can take hand of purity for this fight and cover the last 6 seconds of that debuff it helps a TON. Not sure what specs your priests are running, but if they're running atonement disc, they need to be careful when this buff is up because atonement will generally go to the parasitic growth target and cause more harm than good.

Deleted
    Parasitic Growth gets dealt with well.

Thanks for all the tips guys!
    We'll see how tonight goes!

I would simplify it even more then SantaMaria. I would encourage raiders to really focus on getting their own interrupt. Make it top priority to stop their own cast. If they can get an interrupt off on the boss, that's awesome but it's almost a perk. A single explosion is pretty easy to heal through. What wipes is compounded derps.

By focusing on their own explosions foremost in P2, they are training for P3.

Don't care about stacks on the boss in normal mode. Totally not important to stack the debuff. Just make sure the constructs kick themself and the boss. In P3 just stack up and use Raid CDs + bloodlust/heroism and nuke him down. I would not suggest the burn strategy on normal mode. This requires a lot of coordination and is insanely boring.

Deleted
    Thanks guys, will pass this on to our raid leader, last night got cancelled.