Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Heroic Horridon last phase

So, our guild has no problems with the 4 doors or war god, but when the boss rampages he just blows the tanks up.
    I've heard about kiting the boss around the room since he does a lot double swipes and charges.

Viable? Any1 tried this before?

(Inb4 L2P issue)

I play a BrM monk and we run BrM / Warr..there really isn't much you can do at that point, you basically just need to have a CD up for every single triple puncture..unlike the rest of the fight you can't survive them with no CD's. Myself, I rotate dampen harm/guard/fort. brew, etc...also have your tanks have an armor potion to use @ the end..10-15% physical reduction for 25 seconds is great. If you have a pally or 2, you're gonna wanna bop off triple puncture stacks during a charge/double swipe just to clear that debuff and keep it as low as possible. Also, you just wanna rotate any healer cds you have @ the end. PS's - ironbarks - hands of sac..If you have a priest try to have him throw a shield right before every puncture, it will mitigate a bit but at that point you need to take any dmg reduction you can. Just make sure you're using them at the right time during punctures, don't just randomly panic and throw them on the tank (i think we probably did that a few times), make sure everyone stays chill and does their job

In terms of kiting, if he's low, don't give up, tell everyone to spread and try to nuke him. since he's so slow and stops so much to charge/swipe its definitely possible to kill him with no tanks up - probably around 10%~ if done correctly.

Just a note, our warrior was having trouble in the rampage phase and he ended up gemming full stamina, which is what he got our 1st kill with - just something to keep in mind

Deleted
    Never heard of kiting and don't think its very viable tbh. Sure you can taunt ping-pong him but only times i've seen that is past berserk where you just try to stay alive for as long as possible. Because if you wanna kite it would mean the boss is running all over the room and people will be spread out alot making it very hard for healers to get CD's up for dire calls (barriers,smokebombs what not) and also harder time topping people up.

Either your tanks or your healers are doing something wrong tbh. Sure he hit's very hard but that's why you have cooldowns for your tanks etc. Make sure to rotate sacs/pain sups and your tanks own CD's etc and make sure they call for CD's when they don't have anything for themself. Tbh the last phase is very simple and not much problems should come from it imo!

My group is using me - warrior tank and a druid tank. I take Horridon at the begining of Phase 2 and pretty much keep it until the end of the fight (no BoP needed), since warrior is generally better at mitigating the triple puncture without having to pop big cooldowns. I make sure I have a full Shield Barrier for the Tripple Puncture. You can squeze in Shield Block whenever possible for the normal melee hits, but prioritize having a big/full barrier for the Triple Puncture. As the fight progresses you get so much vengeance that even not full barrier full do just as good.
    When the War God dies and Horridon goes big and red I pop Shield Wall which should cover the Dire Call that comes arround that point. Make sure the healers are spam healing the tank, this is the most important thing at that point. There is no raid damage at all, besides the Dire Calls. Throw some hots and go back to spamming the tank. Make sure the tank has big cooldown for the Dire Call / give him externals, spread arround if needed as already mentioned. If you think the tank will die, you can have the other tank stay at high range just waiting for the boss to go for him. That can win you some time.

You should only really think about kiting at the last 10-15%. On our first kill, we had our protadin die to a triple puncture around 20%, brezzed him, and then our DK claimed that he couldn't knock back his dino - which proceeded to own him. Then our brezzed protadin somehow died again around 10%. At that point, we kited.

Essentially, kiting will squeeze out the last bit you need if dps/tanks are failing and slow or getting one-shot by punctures, but you should only need it for that last bit.
    Marshmallows - 10/13H - Recruiting hunter/warlock
    Latest kill vid: Heroic Primordius (10) (from Natoro)

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know what difficulty you're talking about, or your raid composition.
    Warrior tanks can Shield Barrier and FULLY absorb triple puncture and the majority of he following melee.
    Prot Pallies save HA

The tank damage really isn't high, realistically the only time we ever died in phase2 was from severe lack of heals, not from tank damage.
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

Quote Originally Posted by Raxxed View Post
    I don't know what difficulty you're talking about, or your raid composition.
    Warrior tanks can Shield Barrier and FULLY absorb triple puncture and the majority of he following melee.
    Prot Pallies save HA

The tank damage really isn't high, realistically the only time we ever died in phase2 was from severe lack of heals, not from tank damage.
    No, actually, the tank damage in last phase IS rather high. On our first two kills we ended up kiting simply because the tanks died. It reminded me of our Chimaeron kill. ..But then this was weeks ago in ilvele 508 or something, but anyway.

But yes, communication between tanks and healers is vital. A tank cannot sit there and use his mitigation crap and expect him to survive through everything. He's gonna have to use his cooldowns smartly and make sure healers know, and he has to be aware of his own HP and how impending his death is, so he can ask for pain suppression, iron bark, sacrifice, purity or anything else in time. Pinpoint the exact moment when a tank death usually occurs and make sure some cooldown will be up, a tank cooldown or a external healing cooldown (pain sup, etc). Have healers assigned better, have raidcds pre-determined, so don't just go in p2 and expect to wing it, make sure everyone knows when to aura, when to smokebomb, when to spirit link, etc. This in turn will help with the tank healing because the raid takes predictably less damage. Have the communication going and it should be fine. Healers need to talk, tanks need to talk. If the priest pain sups the tank make sure the priest tells everyone when it wears off so everyone who, for some obscure reason cannot see cooldowns going on their grids is ready to pick up the healing or take over with a cooldown of their own, which, again, is announced.

I daresay the majority of tankdeaths is because there's no communication going on. There's really rarely an excuse for a tank death, nor is it usually someone's specific's fault, but more like all healers' and tanks' faults for not speaking up, not seeing it coming, not being prepared or not being aware (like "i didn't realize surv instincts wore off sry").

I really have no concrete tips to give other than HEAL THROUGH, which is exactly what you should be doing at this point.

Tank damage is brutal but the real danger is the combo (Triple Puncture + Dire Call + Melee) you need to save BIG cooldowns for that. After the Dire Call, healers need to focus only on tanks. We have a holy paladin with Clemency talent, he BoPs me right after the last door is clear, then BoPs again after Jalak is dead, usually during a Charge. Start mitigation rotation as soon as the boss enrages and call for externals CDs when you don't have anything else, as Cirque said, communication is key in this fight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwxXHjHRZG0

This is our kill from a druid tank PoV, hope this helps you.
    #yolo #swag

Your tanks should play better

Warning; If you wish to add a statement, elaborate why you think so. Saying X or Y is bad, isn't really helping anyone. (Sonnillon)
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2013-05-06 at 05:21 AM.

Deleted
    thanks to everyone for the help. Going to save all cooldowns there for now on ;p

Is this 10 or 25? What tanks are you using?

Tanks should never die in P2. Especially in 25 man where you have an incredible amount of externals to use on your tanks even if they are underperforming. Not to mention you can BoP and do tank swaps. Plain and simple, tanks should not die.

This week I douched it up and didn't waste rage on barriers and still tanked Horridon all of P2 with no issues. Use externals or stop being bad. 2 options.

Quote Originally Posted by Gliff View Post
    Is this 10 or 25? What tanks are you using?

Tanks should never die in P2. Especially in 25 man where you have an incredible amount of externals to use on your tanks even if they are underperforming. Not to mention you can BoP and do tank swaps. Plain and simple, tanks should not die.

This week I douched it up and didn't waste rage on barriers and still tanked Horridon all of P2 with no issues. Use externals or stop being bad. 2 options.
    In a 10m with 0 paladins and ~510 ilvl tanks back in our first kill, I assure you, it was quite possible for the tanks to die. You'd just eventually run out of CD's. As the DPS got geared up, as well as the tanks, it finally got to the point of not even needing both the tanks in p2. Those first kills those, especially at that gear level and with certain comps, were quite brutal. Try not to be so judgmental.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezekiah View Post
    In a 10m with 0 paladins and ~510 ilvl tanks back in our first kill, I assure you, it was quite possible for the tanks to die. You'd just eventually run out of CD's. As the DPS got geared up, as well as the tanks, it finally got to the point of not even needing both the tanks in p2. Those first kills those, especially at that gear level and with certain comps, were quite brutal. Try not to be so judgmental.
    He speaks the truth... Glad im a pally

Thats why I asked if it was 10 or 25.

25, P2 tank damage was never an issue. If you have a terrible comp in 10 man with no bops and very little externals then ya. That qualification is always there in 10 man though. A good comp can trivialize a fight in 10 man. A bad comp can make the fight extremely annoying.

Can you link the logs for your first kill? Or tell me your comp. I almost guarantee that you can enough CDs to still trivialize the damage.

I say this assuming your tanks are not terrible. Bad tanks cannot be helped.

Deleted
    Why would you run out of CDs? Just use active mitigation for each one and you will be fine. Save your big CDs for the last hit and before you know it the other tank will be taking over letting your CDs refresh again.

Quote Originally Posted by clampy View Post
    Why would you run out of CDs? Just use active mitigation for each one and you will be fine. Save your big CDs for the last hit and before you know it the other tank will be taking over letting your CDs refresh again.
    Please explain how druid active mitigation skills could possibly save them from getting gibbed by melee+dire call+triple puncture.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmah View Post
    Please explain how druid active mitigation skills could possibly save them from getting gibbed by melee+dire call+triple puncture.
    Perhaps your tanks need more stam (gems or trinkets) or can use pots during this part? This part is the easiest phase in the fight, dire call goes out like once a minute, so the healers really have nobody else to focus on then the tank on horridon and rotating CD's.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalmah View Post
    Because they don't always hit at the same time. When they do, then you use your CDs. Not sure why tracking timers and learning the bosses rotation is hard all of a sudden.

Your tanks should manage their CD's, they need their CDs up for horridon.

Quote Originally Posted by clampy View Post
    it was their 1st kill and now they kill it each week... i believe the 510 ilvl at the time should answer that question..