Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Lei Shen 10N transition phase

    Yesterday my guild just got to lei shen for the first time, and we was progressing him for 1.5 hours.
    We wiped alot in the beginning on the first phase, which is jsut moving him around, but now we got that part.
    We are now struggling with the transition phase.
    People fail with the adds and I'm not sure if I did the grouping correctly

    Our setup is:

    Tanks:
    BLOOD DK
    PALA TANK

    Healers:
    R Shammy
    R Druid
    H pala

    DPS:
    Warlock
    Priest
    Ele Shammy
    Hunter
    Frost Mage


    Now the groups I did was:

    Group 1: Tanks
    Group 2: H pala and frost mage
    Group 3: Warlock, Hunter, R Druid
    Group 4: Priest, Ele Shammy, R Shammy

    The tanks did good, and so did the third group.
    But group 2 and 4 are having problems, especially group 2.

    Is there any better combinations or any tips on how to handle this phase?

    Thanks

    - Nevzad

  2. #2
    Need more information on how they failed. Did they die to static shock? Pala, Mage, Hunter, Druid should take that on their own (no stacking). Only problem could be if the pala or mage get it twice in one phase, which is pretty unlikely.
    If the problem are stuns, make sure everyone stays near the corner when there's nothing to do, to not stun the neighboring group.
    For the bouncing thing, just run into them. Not difficult at all.

    If you get overwhelmed on some platforms, you might want to think about splitting your tanks, as they cannot be targeted by some abilities (and you effectively have only three platforms where they will occur in your setup). However, your problems are not about strat but about exection. Have everyone watch some videos.

  3. #3
    If people fail with adds, no tactic change will help. Pala and Frost mage seems fine duo for soloing Overcharges. If more than one add spawn per chain lightning people either need to spread better or watch timers better (or have someone yell what is coming), bouncing balls should never hit floor once either. Are you using Warlock gate to move group to far away quadrant?

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Nivrax View Post
    If people fail with adds, no tactic change will help. Pala and Frost mage seems fine duo for soloing Overcharges. If more than one add spawn per chain lightning people either need to spread better or watch timers better (or have someone yell what is coming), bouncing balls should never hit floor once either. Are you using Warlock gate to move group to far away quadrant?
    Actually, no, we are not using the warlock gate, thank you for reminding me.

    Also, does DBM do timer for the different things?
    Such as static shock and bouncing balls?
    In that case, it will be much easier, I think no one is reading it off, and I am not yelling it out either.

    ---------- Post added 2013-05-06 at 12:02 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Nivrax View Post
    If people fail with adds, no tactic change will help. Pala and Frost mage seems fine duo for soloing Overcharges. If more than one add spawn per chain lightning people either need to spread better or watch timers better (or have someone yell what is coming), bouncing balls should never hit floor once either. Are you using Warlock gate to move group to far away quadrant?
    I just checked back on the footage from yesterday, and the group with the h pala and frost mage stacked on static shock and the pala got one shotted.
    Any way to ignore this? Bubble etc?

  5. #5
    It is 1,2mln damage during transition iirc if you didn't let it level up before. 600k per player. It should be possible to both bubble or ice block to solo it. If it comes up second time on same player, I'd guess mage could use Greater Invis, and Pala Divine Protection + stacking with mage. And yes, DBM does warn which (two) ability will come up during transition next.

  6. #6
    The warlock gate is indeed a very good way to get the people in the far away quadrant in the right place fast. There is also a different approach to the transitions that might work for you, it certainly worked for us since we haven't had many transition deaths after we started using it. So the whole idea revolves around making sure you have as many people as possible to split the static shock while only having one static shock per corner. Coming to the first transition you should never have any of the conduits leveled up and this means you will have two static shocks going on at the same time.

    So you have your healers and your dps split into 2 groups of 4 people. They take the corners on the opposite sides of the platform in order to make the overcharges never cause issues. Then you just have one tank in each of the other corners taking the bouncing balls. A corner may either get 1 or 2 bouncing balls at a time which of course can mean that one is going to hit the ground. However the damage the adds do isn't really anything to worry about as long as they are instantly picked up by the tank while he's running to soak the next bounce. I play a blood dk and I had no issues handling two of those adds at the same time and our prot paladin doesn't seem to have any issue either. After transition those adds then just get aoe'd down with the ball lightnings in phase 2 / 3.

    If your raid is having issues with diffusion chain then you just need the groups assign each one a spot where they generally stand during the transitions. Just kind of loosely spread out in / around the circle and then stack up when it's needed. This way everyone can get a part of the platform they are responsible for keeping the bouncing balls soaked aswell. Also it is very important that people call out if they are solosoaking the static shocks so that no one will stack on them by accident.

    The second transition is a bit trickier since you probably will have leveled a conduit. Leveling Static shock works really well assuming you have someone in the raid who can soak two static shocks on their own during the transition. In this case you send this solosoaker (in our raid windwalker monk) to one corner with a tank and then the other tank will go take the solosoakers place in one of the other corners. The static shocks will then only go one to each corner and you will always survive them without a problem by either solosoaking or splitting the damage to four people. The solosoaker should help with the bouncing ball soaking if they can keep themselves alive but since they don't have a healer with them it might be messy.

    So what I'd suggest is
    G1: Blood Dk
    G2: H Pala, Frost Mage, Hunter, Warlock
    G3: Prot Pala
    G4: Priest, Ele Shammy, R Shammy, R Druid

    And then for second transition

    G1: H Pala, Blood Dk, Warlock, Hunter (/ Frost mage)
    G2: Prot Pala, Frost Mage (/Hunter)
    G3: Priest, Ele Shammy, R Shammy, R Druid

    The mage should be able to solosoak by either ice block + greater invis or double ice block using Coldsnap. The hunter can double deterrence using readiness. Assuming your healer are used to two healing fights you can also just have one of them go dps to push through the phases faster so the energy levels of the conduits stay lower. For example the damage from Static Shock goes up as the conduits energy goes up and then leveling it up will increase the amount of static shocks going around aswell as the damage. This will actually make the fight a lot easier to heal. In our case we actually don't need to even go to the Static Shock conduit at all during first phase.

  7. #7
    Two heal the fight if you can. Then start at the easter conduit, and move clockwise. Doing so, you'll end up with close to zero energy on the static conduit, reducing it's damage to somewhere around 800-1m, which can be easily soaked by two stacked players.

    Also, you ought to make sure not to move in together on overcharge/static immediately, but wait for the next chaining to be cast (usually 1 second after stun/charge is applied) and then stack up.
    Similar for bouncing, those will land 3-4 seconds before either overcharge/static go off, though usually appear at seemingly the same time as the blue arrow. Just ignore the arrow until you got the bouncings, there's enough time.

    For the second phase it's basically: if you need to level a conduit, level the overcharge one. If not, make sure to have least energy on static. Stay spread until balllighting, stack to nuke them, spread again 3-4 seconds before the next ball lightning.

    For the 2nd intermission: Move leishen to the middle (just heal the aoe) at 31-32%, so your groups (preferably 4-4-2tanks) can move to their respective stacking spots. Then just stay stacked for the entire intermission and only move to intercept the bouncing bolts (once intercepted, move back into stacking spot right away). If you had to level overcharge during p2, just make sure that everyone is stacked once the intermission starts (that's why you move him to the middle of the room)

    Quote Originally Posted by Exzib View Post
    I just checked back on the footage from yesterday, and the group with the h pala and frost mage stacked on static shock and the pala got one shotted.
    Any way to ignore this? Bubble etc?
    Your paladin can use bubble, your mage can use iceblock and greater invis. Just have them communicate when they're using it, so the other player can move away. If they're stacked and eitherone uses immunities, the other get's the full impact (i.e. a sure kill, as he'll be hit for 800k damage). Best case, you will have both statics on the mage, worst case, both on the paladin, in which case his aura mastery should be sufficient for both of them to survive the 2nd (the first can be bubbled).

  8. #8
    I would switch the mage and the shadow priest.

    We did it with hpala + shadow even if i got it two times (spriest) we survived with just 2 ppl stacking. Spriest´s Shield + Absorb from Pala on both players is really enough for it.

    Place your tanks on the part where you want to start in p2, if not allready done.

    But as stormgust allready sugested 2 healing this fight makes it really easy on normal mode.

  9. #9
    Thank you all for your suggestions.
    Will do as you all say, thank you very much.
    We start the raid at 19.00, my twitch name is "nevzaddk".
    Feel free to turn in :3

    ---------- Post added 2013-05-06 at 02:08 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Thaeell View Post
    The warlock gate is indeed a very good way to get the people in the far away quadrant in the right place fast. There is also a different approach to the transitions that might work for you, it certainly worked for us since we haven't had many transition deaths after we started using it. So the whole idea revolves around making sure you have as many people as possible to split the static shock while only having one static shock per corner. Coming to the first transition you should never have any of the conduits leveled up and this means you will have two static shocks going on at the same time.

    So you have your healers and your dps split into 2 groups of 4 people. They take the corners on the opposite sides of the platform in order to make the overcharges never cause issues. Then you just have one tank in each of the other corners taking the bouncing balls. A corner may either get 1 or 2 bouncing balls at a time which of course can mean that one is going to hit the ground. However the damage the adds do isn't really anything to worry about as long as they are instantly picked up by the tank while he's running to soak the next bounce. I play a blood dk and I had no issues handling two of those adds at the same time and our prot paladin doesn't seem to have any issue either. After transition those adds then just get aoe'd down with the ball lightnings in phase 2 / 3.

    If your raid is having issues with diffusion chain then you just need the groups assign each one a spot where they generally stand during the transitions. Just kind of loosely spread out in / around the circle and then stack up when it's needed. This way everyone can get a part of the platform they are responsible for keeping the bouncing balls soaked aswell. Also it is very important that people call out if they are solosoaking the static shocks so that no one will stack on them by accident.

    The second transition is a bit trickier since you probably will have leveled a conduit. Leveling Static shock works really well assuming you have someone in the raid who can soak two static shocks on their own during the transition. In this case you send this solosoaker (in our raid windwalker monk) to one corner with a tank and then the other tank will go take the solosoakers place in one of the other corners. The static shocks will then only go one to each corner and you will always survive them without a problem by either solosoaking or splitting the damage to four people. The solosoaker should help with the bouncing ball soaking if they can keep themselves alive but since they don't have a healer with them it might be messy.

    So what I'd suggest is
    G1: Blood Dk
    G2: H Pala, Frost Mage, Hunter, Warlock
    G3: Prot Pala
    G4: Priest, Ele Shammy, R Shammy, R Druid

    And then for second transition

    G1: H Pala, Blood Dk, Warlock, Hunter (/ Frost mage)
    G2: Prot Pala, Frost Mage (/Hunter)
    G3: Priest, Ele Shammy, R Shammy, R Druid

    The mage should be able to solosoak by either ice block + greater invis or double ice block using Coldsnap. The hunter can double deterrence using readiness. Assuming your healer are used to two healing fights you can also just have one of them go dps to push through the phases faster so the energy levels of the conduits stay lower. For example the damage from Static Shock goes up as the conduits energy goes up and then leveling it up will increase the amount of static shocks going around aswell as the damage. This will actually make the fight a lot easier to heal. In our case we actually don't need to even go to the Static Shock conduit at all during first phase.
    Do you think that will work well?
    We will def try two healing it today, but do you think those group will go well?

  10. #10
    As long as your solosoaker keeps the two soaking abilities available for the second transition I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work. With this tactic it really doesn't matter what dps you have in the groups because splitting static shock between four people will never kill anyone. The bouncing ball adds really do almost nothing to a tank and if I remember correct they can be stunned etc aswell. As a blood dk you can also build up a huge blood shield for the start of next phase which is quite handy. Basicly you remove all the nasty randomness out of the transitions and all that remains is calling out if you are solosoaking a static shock and then doing the stacking up / spreading out at the right time. If you get the diffusion chain hitting multiple people you'll have deaths no matter what tactic you use.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaeell View Post
    As long as your solosoaker keeps the two soaking abilities available for the second transition I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work. With this tactic it really doesn't matter what dps you have in the groups because splitting static shock between four people will never kill anyone. The bouncing ball adds really do almost nothing to a tank and if I remember correct they can be stunned etc aswell. As a blood dk you can also build up a huge blood shield for the start of next phase which is quite handy. Basicly you remove all the nasty randomness out of the transitions and all that remains is calling out if you are solosoaking a static shock and then doing the stacking up / spreading out at the right time. If you get the diffusion chain hitting multiple people you'll have deaths no matter what tactic you use.
    So who should solosoak using my raidcomp?

    G1: Blood Dk
    G2: H Pala, Frost Mage, Hunter, Warlock
    G3: Prot Pala
    G4: Priest, Ele Shammy, R Shammy, R Druid

    And isnt static charge random?

    (I assume the H Pala with divine shield and frost mage with ice block?)

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Exzib View Post
    So who should solosoak using my raidcomp?

    G1: Blood Dk
    G2: H Pala, Frost Mage, Hunter, Warlock
    G3: Prot Pala
    G4: Priest, Ele Shammy, R Shammy, R Druid

    And isnt static charge random?

    (I assume the H Pala with divine shield and frost mage with ice block?)
    Out of the people in your raid the mage (ice block, greater invis), hunter (deterrence), shadow priest (dispersion) and holy paladin (divine shield) should be able to solo soak one static shock in the first transition if they get it. Also the resto druid can do it by taking symbiosis (ice block) from the mage or if he goes feral dps then by taking dispersion from the shadow priest. Moonkins can also do it by using symbiosis on rogues but obviously that wouldn't work with your raid. Which healer are you planning to have go dps btw?

    Now as for the second transition you need to understand how the targetting actually works. Basicly static shocks and overcharges will never target tanks and they will always pick targets in different corners of the room if it is possible. In phase two you will probably have to level one conduit and if you make that the north (static shock) conduit it will mean that you will have three static shocks during the second transition. This is why you want to have a single dps going to one corner with a tank and that dps will always get the static shocks during the transition. Static shocks are always cast twice in each transition so you need to be able to survive twice on your own. In your raid your mage and your hunter should be able to do that by either double iceblock (or iceblock + greater invis) or double deterrence.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaeell View Post
    Out of the people in your raid the mage (ice block, greater invis), hunter (deterrence), shadow priest (dispersion) and holy paladin (divine shield) should be able to solo soak one static shock in the first transition if they get it. Also the resto druid can do it by taking symbiosis (ice block) from the mage or if he goes feral dps then by taking dispersion from the shadow priest. Moonkins can also do it by using symbiosis on rogues but obviously that wouldn't work with your raid. Which healer are you planning to have go dps btw?

    Now as for the second transition you need to understand how the targetting actually works. Basicly static shocks and overcharges will never target tanks and they will always pick targets in different corners of the room if it is possible. In phase two you will probably have to level one conduit and if you make that the north (static shock) conduit it will mean that you will have three static shocks during the second transition. This is why you want to have a single dps going to one corner with a tank and that dps will always get the static shocks during the transition. Static shocks are always cast twice in each transition so you need to be able to survive twice on your own. In your raid your mage and your hunter should be able to do that by either double iceblock (or iceblock + greater invis) or double deterrence.
    Okay, we was thinking the R Shammy to go as the R druid does like 60k dps offspec.

    So basiciallly, on the first transition, if the mage, hunter, pala or priest gets the static shock, they will solo soak it, and rest spread out to be ready for the chains and the bouncing balls?
    And if someone who cant solo soak it gets it, they all stack?

    And for the second transition, there will be 3 static shocks, which means that the people who can will solo soak it, will do it, if not stack?
    And the groups should be like this?:

    G1: H Pala, Blood Dk, Warlock, Hunter (/ Frost mage)
    G2: Prot Pala, Frost Mage (/Hunter)
    G3: Priest, Ele Shammy, R Shammy, R Druid

    That means, that the hpala or hunter will solo soak it in G1
    In G2, prot pala and frost mage stand in the corner of the quarter of the room and stacks there for static shock?
    In G3, priest will solo soak otherwise stack?

    Am I correct?

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Exzib View Post
    That means, that the hpala or hunter will solo soak it in G1
    In G2, prot pala and frost mage stand in the corner of the quarter of the room and stacks there for static shock?
    In G3, priest will solo soak otherwise stack?

    Am I correct?
    You are mostly correct when it comes to those. The group 2 with Prot Pala and Mage shouldn't stack though. I mean the tank should stack on the mage to avoid the stun if the mage gets overcharged but for Static Shock you will never stack there. Basicly the paladin will just run for the bouncing balls and mage can stand in the middle of the circle waiting for static shocks and overcharges. Then when the overcharge comes the paladin runs to the mage to avoid the stun. It is the easiest corner to handle since you don't need worry about Diffusion chains during second transition (assuming you disable that first which you definently should do). During the second transition you can actually kind of just keep stacked up in the circle in general and then run out only for bouncing balls or if your hunter/priest/holy pala is solosoaking the static shock.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaeell View Post
    You are mostly correct when it comes to those. The group 2 with Prot Pala and Mage shouldn't stack though. I mean the tank should stack on the mage to avoid the stun if the mage gets overcharged but for Static Shock you will never stack there. Basicly the paladin will just run for the bouncing balls and mage can stand in the middle of the circle waiting for static shocks and overcharges. Then when the overcharge comes the paladin runs to the mage to avoid the stun. It is the easiest corner to handle since you don't need worry about Diffusion chains during second transition (assuming you disable that first which you definently should do). During the second transition you can actually kind of just keep stacked up in the circle in general and then run out only for bouncing balls or if your hunter/priest/holy pala is solosoaking the static shock.
    Ah I got it.

    But for the first transition phase, do you think your grouping:

    G1: Blood Dk
    G2: H Pala, Frost Mage, Hunter, Warlock
    G3: Prot Pala
    G4: Priest, Ele Shammy, R Shammy, R Druid
    Is better than:
    Group 1: Tanks (Nothing to worry about)
    Group 2: H pala and frost mage (Both can soak static shock)
    Group 3: Warlock, Hunter, R Druid (Hunter can soak)
    Group 4: Priest, Ele Shammy, R Shammy (Priest can soak)

    And just correct me if im wrong, for the first transition using your grouping:

    G1: Blood Dk (Nothing too worry about expect big adds which is easy to handle)
    G2: H Pala, Frost Mage, Hunter, Warlock (H Pala, Mage, Lock will soak static charge, rest spread, if lock get static charge, stack, stack on overcharge, spread at all time otherwise or at diffuse chains)
    G3: Prot Pala (Nothing too worry about expect big adds which is easy to handle)
    G4: Priest, Ele Shammy, R Shammy, R Druid (Priest & Druid can soak, rest spread, if the others get it, stack, stack on overcharge, spread at all time otherwise or at diffuse chains)

    Thank you

  16. #16
    Yea I think the one I am suggesting is more consistent way of doing it. If your holy paladin gets two static shocks in a row in first transition then the other way you'd probably wipe. I mean it is an unlikely situation but it can still happen and during progression it just gets frustrating if it does happen.

    G1: Blood Dk (Just soak bouncing balls, if two happen at the same time pick up the add quick and run to where the bounce is going)
    G2: H Pala, Frost Mage, Hunter, Warlock (H Pala, Mage, hunter will solosoak static charge first time they get it, rest spread, if lock get static charge, stack, stack on overcharge, spread at all time otherwise for diffuse chains)
    G3: Prot Pala (Just soak bouncing balls, if two happen at the same time pick up the add quick and run to where the bounce is going)
    G4: Priest, Ele Shammy, R Shammy, R Druid (Priest & Druid can solosoak static charge first time they get it, rest spread, if the others get it, stack, stack on overcharge, spread at all time otherwise for diffuse chains)

    The key will then be how the stacking up and spreading out happens. If diffuse chain is coming you will need to stay spread out until it has happened and then stack quick once it has hit.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaeell View Post
    Yea I think the one I am suggesting is more consistent way of doing it. If your holy paladin gets two static shocks in a row in first transition then the other way you'd probably wipe. I mean it is an unlikely situation but it can still happen and during progression it just gets frustrating if it does happen.

    G1: Blood Dk (Just soak bouncing balls, if two happen at the same time pick up the add quick and run to where the bounce is going)
    G2: H Pala, Frost Mage, Hunter, Warlock (H Pala, Mage, hunter will solosoak static charge first time they get it, rest spread, if lock get static charge, stack, stack on overcharge, spread at all time otherwise for diffuse chains)
    G3: Prot Pala (Just soak bouncing balls, if two happen at the same time pick up the add quick and run to where the bounce is going)
    G4: Priest, Ele Shammy, R Shammy, R Druid (Priest & Druid can solosoak static charge first time they get it, rest spread, if the others get it, stack, stack on overcharge, spread at all time otherwise for diffuse chains)

    The key will then be how the stacking up and spreading out happens. If diffuse chain is coming you will need to stay spread out until it has happened and then stack quick once it has hit.
    Thanks, got it now, appreciate all your help.

  18. #18
    No problem. Just come report back how it went after the raid.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaeell View Post
    No problem. Just come report back how it went after the raid.
    Yeah, streaming at twitch.com/nevzaddk from 19-23, so yeah feel free to join.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Exzib View Post
    Yeah, streaming at twitch.com/nevzaddk from 19-23, so yeah feel free to join.
    I'm afraid I can't since I got a raid at the same time. Good luck though

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •