Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Council of Elders - 10 HC - Question on Frostbite

Hi guys,
    We're gonna start on this tonight. Regarding the frostbite, we are debating between having people solo soak it with chained cooldowns and a disc focus healing them (plus maybe beacon or similar).

Other option which I saw on this video was to have everyone but [3] stack in melee, with 2 tanks + 1 healer on one side of the boss, and melee + healer on other side of the boss. Frostbite person runs between groups every 8 seconds.

Our ranged would be a paladin, lock and boomwin (symb: cloak) so could immune the debuff if they are targetted. Has anyone tried either/both and have a suggestion as to which is a better way to handle it?

Any other tips would be helpful - thanks!

Deleted
    I can't say how solo soaking with cooldowns works but we have as you said 2 groups with people that the people just rotate between. And ofcourse we immune it as often as possible but it requires some practice

Has to be one of the most torturous fights for 10man

We heal through it (I'm a Disc). It's quite unforgiving, if you use a global wrong the target will probably die, but I'd definitely do it over the two group strat.

Just heal through it dont group up, pop cd's like VE and AG and bruteforce it, just blow w/e is needed really.

Remember that a few classes can immune the application (you got a 1.5second window to pop said immunity as the blue arrow gets placed above your head), iceblock (resto druid with symb), bubble, Clos on a boomkin.

Edit: helps if i read the whole post.
    Last edited by Nuckels; 2013-05-02 at 02:16 PM.

Focus on having as many people as possible immune the Frostbite. Solo heal those without immunities: you'll have to literally spam heals and chain cooldowns to keep them alive, but this is fine. If the same person gets picked for both Frostbites, just let them die and Brez, since they won't have any personal cooldowns left and they'll probably die in the last 10s of Frostbite even if you try to keep them alive.

Switching to this strat from grouping up was crucial in our first kill.

Another vote for solo soak. We tried both, and ended up having far more errors (either from communication issues, sand trap placement, etc) when organizing stacking than we did with solo-soaking. Obviously it's easier to coordinate 1 person than 3/5.

We used a Disc/RSham focusing on the target, with 2 paladins Sac'ing as needed. Immunities help a TON, obviously (Mage, HPal, boomkin symb Rog), and classes like Spriest/Lock are also really well equipped to deal with it on their own.

Should get 2 at first, and 1 more on the second round; don't waste time on the 3rd FB, just let it die and brez.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

You don't want everyone stacked up as quicksand spawns on any ranged or heals who aren't the frostbite target.
    If you have a priest, dps or heals, in your comp, i'd suggest using our strat.

We bring 2 melee and 2 tanks, both of these pairs stay stacked the whole time frost guy is empowered.
    One melee and one tank are marked, have the frostbite person go straight to one group when he gets the blue arrow above head (assuming can't immune, our mage and rdruid do use the immune trick) and then alternate every 8 seconds until it's gone.
    Easy to heal, easy to survive.
    Requires a priest because... melee can't go hit the healy spirit add!
    The priest in our raid (me) uses Void Tendrils on it when it spawns, which will hold it in place for 20seconds, enough time for the ranged dps to casually deal with it.
    Tendrils are up for every add and Twist of Fate, which I use it on the ranged Twist.
    Yes you can probably do it with a couple of chained stuns but it requires a lot more focus.

We found the double melee group for frostbite and Void Tendrils on the adds made this fight a lot easier for us, became just a dps check on Sul and healing check on late Kahzra.

<3K
    Last edited by Kyrstlol; 2013-05-02 at 05:48 PM.

Deleted
    We got this down tonight after like 90 wipes. This fight is fucking insane on 10m heroic imo, but it's a good one.

Anyways, we solo soaked the frostbite. Grouping up was just too messy for us with all the crap going on. Healers were disc, holy pally and resto druid. Whoever got frostbite would use his self cd first, and then get pain sup, and sacrifices from our prot pally and me, and that was enough.

If any of our mages or me got the frostbite, we immuned it before it landed to skip the whole debuff. You get a blue arrow over your head and frost king says some emote right before it's cast, and if you time it correctly with iceblock/bubble, you can skip the debuff. I assume from your post that you already knew this though.

But yeah, we solo soaked it.

Solo soaking allows much more dps on sul. We got the kill tonight with that strat by killing sul before he was empowered. It is very important that people have a specific cd rotation to deal with frostbite.

Mage, Pally, Rogue and Druids can immune Frostbite. Stack those classes and the fight becomes easymode. The hardest part is RNG on the people with immunities getting the 3 Frostbites.

Quote Originally Posted by NeverStop View Post
    Mage, Pally, Rogue and Druids can immune Frostbite. Stack those classes and the fight becomes easymode. The hardest part is RNG on the people with immunities getting the 3 Frostbites.
    you cant immunity frostbite though...... you only prevent youself from doing damage but the dot still exists

it only targets ranged/healer so you need to watch out for mages and resto shammy if frostbite is on them because they dont have external cd (mage can iceblock but lose 8s time of dps, shmana have stral shift but thats about it)

oh and watch out for blue arrow on your head it takes about 1-2s before frostbite to be active on that person and make sure he calls out "Pain sup" ect
    Last edited by Soulstrike; 2013-05-03 at 03:12 AM.
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

Quote Originally Posted by Soulstrike View Post
    you cant immunity frostbite though...... you only prevent youself from doing damage but the dot still exists

it only targets ranged/healer so you need to watch out for mages and resto shammy if frostbite is on them because they dont have external cd (mage can iceblock but lose 8s time of dps, shmana have stral shift but thats about it)

oh and watch out for blue arrow on your head it takes about 1-2s before frostbite to be active on that person and make sure he calls out "Pain sup" ect
    you can immune it in the 1-2 seconds you have the blue arrow over your head.
    you won't get the debuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulstrike View Post

Wat?

You can cast bubble/block/CloS/Detterence (i think) and immune the entire debuff. If your mages/HPals/druids tell you otherwise, they're wrong/not doing it right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    you can immune it in the 1-2 seconds you have the blue arrow over your head.
    you won't get the debuff.
    huh ok thanks for the info then zzzzz(the more i know)

@Neverstop sorry about misinfo
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

you can definitely immune it, just have to do it right when you see arrow on your head. I do it has a Hpal. If you immune the first one I believe DBMs gives no timer for second one, but I'm pretty sure it happens exactly 1 minute into fight so you can set a timer.

we tried grouping, but it's troublesome with all the stuff going on, and if you mess up sometimes more than just 1 person dies. ultimately we decided to just take it solo. you might have people die as they take 300k a second though. so when it goes out just use a CD (or chain them if you can). for ranged DPS they should stack in melee the last 8 seconds. if the person is taking the full dmg with no CDs they will probably die pretty fast... you must be vocal at this part if you want to avoid wipes. person that gets it must use CD immediately and let people know when it's falling off.

Dettence doesnt work.

We actually prefer the grouping up strat. We tried multiple times to go Solo but at the time we had a bad disc and rDruid and rShaman weren't enough to keep them alive. Essentially without a good hPally or dPriest it's tough to simply heal through (in our experience at least). After about 20 tries we were near-perfect with stacking/switching, just takes communication, we've one-shot it twice since our first kill using the stack method, guess it just depends on which way suits each raid comp.

Deleted
    Hey guys, we had some tough time to, we tried 2 healing it and transitioning before the second frostbite, but the bites still felt to rng ( although we almost got a kill ).. do you recommend 3 healing it and healing through? or can 2 healer heal through without stacking up to split the damage?

Thank you in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
    Wat?

You can cast bubble/block/CloS/Detterence (i think) and immune the entire debuff. If your mages/HPals/druids tell you otherwise, they're wrong/not doing it right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krachaboras View Post
    Dettence doesnt work.
    Would like to know which is correct if anyone has a hunter that has tried this.