Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

ToT boring for tanks

I remember tanking with my alt in Dragon Soul and all fights were really boring. Stand still and do nothing.

Now that I got my DK alt to 90 and got him geared enough for ToT LFR i realized that it's still the same. It is either one tank on adds and one on tank, taunt at X stacks of X debuff or both mixed up in one fight. I find it so boring to tank when you just stand there doing nothing but mashing buttons and seeing the boss' face. I get that it is harder to survive nowadays as tank and you have to time your personal cooldowns and absorbs to be able to survive certain mechanics in normal and heroic, but this is just so lame.

When are tanks getting cool mechanics to struggle with? I don't mean like Emperors in MSV, move 5 yards and avoid that, but something that is more critical. For example, mount that dinosaur and charge the boss exactly when he does [random spell], or, jump up on his back and stick a sword in his back (Magmaw in BWD), or, enter another phase and pick up adds that needs to be teleported out to the normal phase. More random fights with more cool mechanics, not just linear crap that we get nowadays.

Tanks, what do you think?

It's only boring if you make it. DBM only gives you the suggested way to do it. Tank how you want. Run around, have dps taunt so the healers can have some fun, just do something different.

Quote Originally Posted by Bokhyllan View Post
    I remember tanking with my alt in Dragon Soul and all fights were really boring. Stand still and do nothing.

Now that I got my DK alt to 90 and got him geared enough for ToT LFR i realized that it's still the same. It is either one tank on adds and one on tank, taunt at X stacks of X debuff or both mixed up in one fight. I find it so boring to tank when you just stand there doing nothing but mashing buttons and seeing the boss' face. I get that it is harder to survive nowadays as tank and you have to time your personal cooldowns and absorbs to be able to survive certain mechanics in normal and heroic, but this is just so lame.

When are tanks getting cool mechanics to struggle with? I don't mean like Emperors in MSV, move 5 yards and avoid that, but something that is more critical. For example, mount that dinosaur and charge the boss exactly when he does [random spell], or, jump up on his back and stick a sword in his back (Magmaw in BWD), or, enter another phase and pick up adds that needs to be teleported out to the normal phase. More random fights with more cool mechanics, not just linear crap that we get nowadays.

There's your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

Do heroics then tell me you're standing still. RIP

Deleted
    Difference is that tank dps matters now, so it is not so boring. We are basically in the same boat as dps now, just that we have to focus more on survivability.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue The Shaman View Post
    It's only boring if you make it. DBM only gives you the suggested way to do it. Tank how you want. Run around, have dps taunt so the healers can have some fun, just do something different.
    Why should we, who pay Blizzard to play this game, change things? You sound just like my mother when I was younger and I told her I she told be to go outside and play instead. "When we were young we didn't have computers or videogames.. blah blah blah.. play something else".

Now that I got my DK alt to 90 and got him geared enough for ToT LFR i realized that it's still the same.

need i say more??

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, doing it in LFR is the issue. You can ignore the bulk of the mechanics of a fight there, and it's the mechanics that make a fight interesting for each role.
    It's always been Wankershim!
    My Brand!

Deleted
    I love to play as tank

those mechanics sound fine for heroic, but LFR? so basically if the lfr tank doesn't know what he's doing you wipe everytime by the sounds of it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
    There's your problem.
    LFR i understand that it is easy. But as I seen on videos, normal and most of heroic fights, are pretty dull for tanks aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Do heroics then tell me you're standing still. RIP
    I don't have time for that much raiding, but that doesn't mean that i should be bored while playing casually either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Go try to do Reg Tortos and tank the bats instead of LFR. Come back and let us know how it was for you.

LFR was designed for it to be brain dead "raiding"
    '

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    We have it a lot better then we did in cata, remember all those boring Firelands fights

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    those mechanics sound fine for heroic, but LFR? so basically if the lfr tank doesn't know what he's doing you wipe everytime by the sounds of it.
    Have you tried Lei Shen on LFR? I love it, I have to take charge and explain to everyone what to do. Sort out groups, tell the tanks what to do and when to taunt. Stuff like that. LFR should be a bit harder, critical abilities that you easily die from if not handled correctly like Shadowed Loa Spirit, Durumu maze-phase or stuff like that, or they might aswell take it away from the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Get to Heroic Dark Animus, Twin Consorts, or Heroic Lei Shen then tell me it's boring.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't have time for that much raiding, but that doesn't mean that i should be bored while playing casually either.
    If you only have time to do LFR, don't bash at normal/heroic being boring.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by colmadero View Post
    Go try to do Reg Tortos and tank the bats instead of LFR. Come back and let us know how it was for you.

LFR was designed for it to be brain dead "raiding"
    '
    Not really, it was designed to give people the chance of experiencing the whole content without being in an actively raiding guild.

---------- Post added 2013-05-02 at 02:13 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by colmadero View Post
    If you only have time to do LFR, don't bash at normal/heroic being hard.
    I never said that I only have time for LFR. We are 10 irl-friends who raids 4-6 hours a week.

---------- Post added 2013-05-02 at 02:14 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Prokk View Post
    Get to Heroic Dark Animus, Twin Consorts, or Heroic Lei Shen then tell me it's boring.
    I've already said that if I would've had the time I would try to get into more hardcore guild than what I am in now.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Gotta love people who use time as an excuse for everything.
    How much time do you spend in LFR?
    You can clear ToT normal in less then 4 hours a week
    If you dont find LFR challenging, just jump in a ToT normal group and kill some bosses there.
    I rather kill 6 fun bosses then 12 boring ones

Deleted
    Why are everyone just throwing shit at me? I just asked why tanks wont get more awesome mechanics than there is?

This is not a "I want to be able to heroics but I can only raid 4 hours a week"-thread.