Deleted

Help with Enhancement Appreciated

Hi there, recently i have been reading through various forums including this one and looking through logs to see how i compare to other enhancements and what their dps is like compared to mine. Iv played enhance for a few years now and through cata i could compete for top spots regularly however all through pandas i have been struggling and cant for the life of me figure out why. I wondered whether it has been a gear issue (my ilvl is far less to the majority of other raid members for various reason) or whether its my play style and im doing something wrong?

Any help would be greatly appreciated as i would like to improve my overall dps as i feel it lacks somewhat.

Armoury Link
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...odger/advanced

Most recent log link for durumu (theres other bosses on there if you want to look and i have got a few more peices of gear since then so it should be slightly higher)
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/u...?s=1279&e=1669

If you have any more questions i would happily answer them and any help is greatly appreciated
    Last edited by mmocde09819ac2; 2013-05-10 at 03:24 PM.

I'm not sure my critique would be spot-on, since we haven't gotten to Durumu, on normal, but you and I are geared almost the same (I'm 513 equipped ilvl), so I'll take a stab at a couple of things I've noticed:

- Are you certain that your off-hand is the best choice of weapons you have in your bags? Historically, enhancers have decried anything less than 2.60 speed as anathema, and immediately hold up crosses to ward off the evil spirits of faster weapons. That being said, I've heard some rumbling, recently, that your OH mace sims decently.

- On the link you posted, I noticed your dps spiked to a high point of ~363k. On our recent 12 wipes of normal tortos, mine usually spiked at least 100k more, with one attempt hitting 508k (which I'm attributing to lucky trinket procs). Link: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/a...?s=4849&e=5087

Are you saving any cooldowns at the start? I notice you've talented for AS, instead of EM. I highly recommend EM. Are you pre- and double-potting? My initial opener, when I'm popping all burst CDs at the start of the fight, while I'm moving to the boss, is:

- Pre-pot
    - Fire Elemental (also macro'd to pop EM as well)
    - Wolves
    - Some attack - either UE, FS, or SS, depending on range, so that the pets are attacking, prior to stormlash)
    - Stormlash Totem
    - Ascendance

Our mage usually pops Timewarp, so I save my BL, for the next time I pop my fire ele, if it doesn't line up with EM. I'll also pop my 2nd pot with the 2nd fire ele.

Also, I'm not sure if you're using them on Durumu, but the CL and FN glyphs won't help you, at all, for him. And, unless you're hitting the fight lengths described by Ryethe, in the quote below, you're likely losing on dps, by using the FE glyph. For Durumu, I'd glyph Healing Storm, Feral Spirit, and either Shamanistic Rage (if you need a self-dispel), or Flame Shock.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryethe View Post
    ...Fight length is what matters here. This was simmed out and proven to be a DPS loss even with CD stacking on fight lengths that support more FE uptime without the glyph. 3-5:10 minute fights, use glyph. 9-10:20 fights use the glyph. Otherwise unglyph. This is only a general rule. For example Ji-kun, you aren't on the platform for a minute at a time so regardless of fight length you want to glyph. Lines up better with the feed. When dealing with dps buffs for the ele, you can just treat the buffs as duration increases but will require some mathing for some stuff.

As for heroic Tortos, I've heard that enhancement's job is to tunnel the boss, with opportunistic swaps to burn bats down, with the bat tank bringing them up to the boss. On that fight, I think the best glyph set up might be fire nova, chain lightning, and healing storm.
    Last edited by Embermoon; 2013-05-10 at 06:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Embermoon View Post
    - Are you certain that your off-hand is the best choice of weapons you have in your bags? Historically, enhancers have decried anything less than 2.60 speed as anathema, and immediately hold up crosses to ward off the evil spirits of faster weapons. That being said, I've heard some rumbling, recently, that your OH mace sims decently.
    This depends entirely on ilvl. If he has a 496 claw of Shekzeer or a 502 Fist of Gara'jal then he should use those instead.

Our mage usually pops Timewarp, so I save my BL, for the next time I pop my fire ele, if it doesn't line up with EM. I'll also pop my 2nd pot with the 2nd fire ele.
    Just a note that pets no longer benefit from hero itself. They inherit your haste though so the get hero if you have hero. Since you will have the debuff, they will not get hero the second time.

As for slodger's actual performance:
    - Your # of melee attacks per second looks low. Did you leave the boss? Did you take the inner path on the maze? Are you using Unleash Elements on CD?
    - # of ESes per minute looks high. Are you putting this at the back of your priority? Remember to always use FS when you have UE up.
    - You missed a usage of stormlash.

Deleted
    Thanks for your replies

I usually use EM instead of AS iv just been trying different things due to once my cds finish my dps drops down the meters like a ton of bricks (I know it obviously will but i feel more than it should).
    I swapped to EM for our hc tortos kill which we just got tonight and seemed to increase my dps slightly however my opening rotation is similar to yours listed and my highest burst was only about 400k so i dont know what yours is like on average but i struggle to get near that.

Iv just rumbled through my bags and found the lfr dark animus mace so swapped that out for my off hand instead which should help out which i didnt even realise so thanks for that pointer.

As for melee attacks i go round the inner path yes maybe i just screwed up abit somewhere, cant remember exactly was a few weeks ago and i generally leave ES till last prio however maybe sometimes i use it more than i should instead of other things which is something i will look to improve.

Once again thanks for your advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryethe View Post
    Just a note that pets no longer benefit from hero itself. They inherit your haste though so the get hero if you have hero. Since you will have the debuff, they will not get hero the second time.
    I should have remembered that... So what I really need to do, if my fire ele is lasting 60 seconds, is pop lust at the start, and save EM for when lust wears off? I'm working from the assumption that EM and lust don't stack. I read that, somewhere. Is that wrong, also?

---------- Post added 2013-05-13 at 01:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by slodger View Post
    ...I swapped to EM for our hc tortos kill which we just got tonight and seemed to increase my dps slightly however my opening rotation is similar to yours listed and my highest burst was only about 400k so i dont know what yours is like on average but i struggle to get near that.
    From last night's 11 wipes (2 drunk healers, plus one sleepy and disconnecting at his hotel's crappy internet...), it appears that my mean was around 450k. I spiked as much as 542k on one opener, but there were a couple of attempts where I was in the 300s. I can tell you, that that spike has so much to do with the stars aligning, and hitting some perfect sequence, which I couldn't even pin down. I might just be Gumping my way to those numbers, on a couple of attempts.

Also, latency and frame rate could easily account for the difference between what we're both seeing. But, you got the kill, so that's what matters. Hella grats!

[QUOTE=Embermoon;21112665]I should have remembered that... So what I really need to do, if my fire ele is lasting 60 seconds, is pop lust at the start, and save EM for when lust wears off? I'm working from the assumption that EM and lust don't stack. I read that, somewhere. Is that wrong, also?[COLOR="red"]

Should be easy to test by popping one and then the other with the character sheet open. Last I checked they stacked. Would be kind of odd for a talent to be unusable just because another player used another ability.

That would make a lot of sense then, as to why I'd see 100k swings on my openers. I bet the lower times, our mage didn't pop timewarp at the same times.