Deleted

does Enhancement priority with tier 15, 2set change a bit?

Hi there,

recently I've managed to get my hands on 2 and even 4 set.
    I use ancestral swiftness + primal elementalists talents, so my priority-list looks like this.

Searing totem
    LB (MWx5)
    stormstrike
    lava lash
    unleash elements
    flameshock (if UE is up and flameshock about to drop)
    earth shock

i was wondering now, might it be better to "hardcast" LB with 4stacks first before casting SS, because otherwise i'll lost at least 1 MW stack. and most likely even more as stormstrike itself has high chance of applying MW stacks?
    It's difficult to sim it, as if i'd put LB (MWx4) in the priorityqueue, it will prioritise over LL or eartshock aswell, whenever my stormstrike is on cooldown anyway.

thanks in advance for the advice

If SS is off CD, use it. Only exception is if you already have a MW5 LB waiting.

Yes you waste stacks, but SS does a lot of damage so delaying its use is bad.

The better approach is to try to burn MW3 and MW4 stacks while SS is on CD.

Deleted
    thanks a lot for the advice! you got yourself a new follower on twitter!

i've got another question, if you have time, could you take a minute to inspect me on the armory? although i'm only in a softcore raiding guild (resulting in lower gear) i managed to get ranked every now and then in 5.1 raids. But I don't even seem to be close in ToT fights.
    is there something i can improve? i've noticed you're using full haste gems, but i think i need the legendary meta for it first. And you choose for elemental mastery instead of ancestral swiftness (if i take this, shouldn't i be taken the Fire elemental glyph aswell, so the CD's align?). Or is the gear gap just too big at the moment?

thanks a lot in advance
    kind regards
    shakooza

edit: unfortunatly, i'm not allowed to post any links yet: EU-nagrand-shakooza

@ryethe At what point does gemming strait haste in yellow sockets beat out doing agi/haste, because atm im doing agi in red,agi/haste in yellow and agi/hit in blue and u went the haste route in yellow=haste,red is agi/haste and blue being hit/haste.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakooza View Post
    Hi there,

recently I've managed to get my hands on 2 and even 4 set.
    I use ancestral swiftness + primal elementalists talents, so my priority-list looks like this.

Searing totem
    LB (MWx5)
    stormstrike
    lava lash
    unleash elements
    flameshock (if UE is up and flameshock about to drop)
    earth shock

i was wondering now, might it be better to "hardcast" LB with 4stacks first before casting SS, because otherwise i'll lost at least 1 MW stack. and most likely even more as stormstrike itself has high chance of applying MW stacks?
    It's difficult to sim it, as if i'd put LB (MWx4) in the priorityqueue, it will prioritise over LL or eartshock aswell, whenever my stormstrike is on cooldown anyway.

thanks in advance for the advice
    Personally, I've found that if I'm around MW3 when SS comes off cd, I'll hardcast it, then SS (which usually brings me to around MW3-4 again) and hardcast again. I'm not sure about the numbers, but it's got a nice feel to it and feels like good use of the set bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Blindstrike View Post
    @ryethe At what point does gemming strait haste in yellow sockets beat out doing agi/haste, because atm im doing agi in red,agi/haste in yellow and agi/hit in blue and u went the haste route in yellow=haste,red is agi/haste and blue being hit/haste.
    When haste comes up as more than half of what agility is worth in your sim.

Most of your stuff looks fine. Cloak needs an enchant. Offhand needs a prismatic socket.

I have gone full haste but that's a recent change. Up until recently agi was better at a 1:2 conversion. There's no answer about when to switch to haste. For some people sims support it with just 1 trinket. For others it took 2 trinkets and a meta so ymmv

EM+PE does not require the FE glyph. You still want to consider roughly how long the fight is and how well the fire ele lines up with the phases where you need his damage. If you don't glyph my testing has told me you want to save your EM that comes up 30 seconds before FE for when FE is up.

The gear gap is pretty big tbh. You're just now breaching the ilvl that top end shamans were end to finish T14.
    Last edited by Ryethe; 2013-05-07 at 05:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wintermut3 View Post
    Personally, I've found that if I'm around MW3 when SS comes off cd, I'll hardcast it, then SS (which usually brings me to around MW3-4 again) and hardcast again. I'm not sure about the numbers, but it's got a nice feel to it and feels like good use of the set bonus.
    Just be careful about your timing on doing that. The rule of thumb that everyone should be following for hardcasting LB at less than MSWx5 is to ask yourself "if I hard cast this, will I be delaying SS or LL?" if the answer is Yes than just take the hit in wasted MSW and follow the priority. I find myself hardcasting MSWx3-4 quite frequently, but I'm always making sure that I'm not delaying SS, LL, or UE (I run UF so high priority) with the hardcast.
    Asrel - Shadow Priest <Last Attempt> US-Whisperwind
    Aretoo - Havoc DH <Last Attempt> US-Whisperwind

I started gemming for Haste as soon as I got my hands on two RPPM trinkets and my Legendary Meta. Damage went up by a few thousand.