LastLast
    Deleted

Upcoming champion? Hints?

Hello everyone.

So in the last week or so, Riot's ZenonTheStoic has visited German
    side of the forums and dropped some hints about the upcoming
    champion on league. Hints were ofc. translated so they might not
    be completely grammatical. :P

"Yes I can confirm it won't take much longer, but i obviously can't give you a date.

The champ at the moment is actually "finished" from the creation perspective, but
    there are still two weird bugs (The ultimate scares me, at least theoretically, keeps
    showing to be very hard to use during gameplay tests. only when I use this champion
    I am twice as good as any other champion from that role, that shows that they're is kind
    of a "mastery" champion, also has a skill where you need to learn a lot before you unlock their
    full potential) Hmm what else can I let you guys know...during production I have tried about
    5 different ultimates, that all were bad, and had three different passives, one of the old,
    removed, passives was so fascinating since it turned league as we know it upside down but just
    didn't fit the theme of the champion. Maybe we will use it in the future on another champion,
    who knows."

and

"Even if it is perhaps a little too dangerous as a teaser, here is one of my discarded Ultimates:
    you mark an enemy champion as a target (like Caitlyn's ultimate: a big target sign above the head).
    Then you shoot a missile that collides with the first enemy in any direction. After 1 second, the missile
    turns in the direction of the selected opponent. The missle has inertia and can only rotate a maximum of
    15 degrees per 0.25 sec. Once it flies in a straight line towards the marked champion the missile accelerates,
    but cannot rotate anymore. Counterplay would be that the missile is no longer homing and "dumb fires",
    so you can step aside. So it was a homing missile that you could "throw" around Minion Waves or the enemy
    front line. I had extreme difficulties, making the ability sufficiently reliable for the player and at the same time
    fair to dodge for the enemy. I think it's possible, but the ability didn't fit in the Champion's kit in the end.
    (What the missile has done - damage, CC, marking for another skill - I leave open intentionally, :P)"

In short: In the 1st hint he is stating that the champ will be a bit harder to get used to
    and will need practice compared to other champs being the same role. He also had
    a passive for this guy, that turned the league as we know it around but didn't use it.
    In 2nd one, he describes one of discarded ult for him as a curved bullet thing. The missile
    can rotate around waves of minions to get better aim at enemy champ. This ult is discarded
    keep that in mind.

I'm thinking that the champ is going to be using guns, looking at that discarded ult.
    I mean a missile can't be a sword or axe and it would fit bullet more perfectly. :P

What do you guys think?

I can see it now. A guy with duel-wield RPGs. Sounds like it's gonna be an ADC most likely, possibly an AP mid, for the very fact that he compares this champion directly with another ADC (Cait).

Am I the only one who doesn't like gun characters?

its lucian from the leaked bullshit we heard about months ago obviously

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by surrounded View Post
    I can see it now. A guy with duel-wield RPGs. Sounds like it's gonna be an ADC most likely, possibly an AP mid, for the very fact that he compares this champion directly with another ADC (Cait).

Am I the only one who doesn't like gun characters?
    Yes i can see it as ADC too! I don't really like gun champions, the only one that I found
    cool was that concept one. Aldo I doubt it's him. Riot is tricky and I think they've always
    got tricks up their sleeves. :P

I just hope it's better than Aatrox. Just didn't like that guy. :S

Just looked Lucian up, and it fits the mold.

Deleted
    Well if it's Lucian I think we probably won't be getting any diaries like we did for
    Quinn, Zac and Lissandra. Why? Because everyone was pretty excited for that champ
    and they'd probably guess it's him by the 1st or 2 pages we'd get, so no point in doing
    those.

We will probably get him straight on PBE. 3 weeks or 4 at least before the offical
    release. Aatrox was released on 13th of June... Hmpf, I think it's about time he'll
    get on PBE. This or next week?

I hope it's Lucian, something new for the bot lane at least for a while.

10+ Year Old Account
    it really sounds like they're talking about Lucien... Wish they'd left the bullet curving ulti in, sounds epic

More importantly though, a passive that "Turned league upside down"... WTF was it?
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    I certainly hope it is, I was quite excited when he was spoiled/leaked a month or so ago.

Also, nice ava

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    it really sounds like they're talking about Lucien... Wish they'd left the bullet curving ulti in, sounds epic

More importantly though, a passive that "Turned league upside down"... WTF was it?
    I hope that the champ, Lucian or not, will have great kit. xD If it's gonna suck I'm gonna be mad
    they didn't go the curved bullet thing. :P

And the passive yes. It boggles my mind. :S

Deleted
    Pretty sure Sky is going to love having him in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by ElementFreak View Post
    I hope that the champ, Lucian or not, will have great kit. xD If it's gonna suck I'm gonna be mad
    they didn't go the curved bullet thing. :P

And the passive yes. It boggles my mind. :S

"Has a chance on hit to spawn baron at targets location"
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    Then a newb Lucian comes into game, spawns Baron at enemy turret with their
    whole team being there. GG free Baron for enemy team hehe. xP

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    I would play the shit out of that

The thing is... it doesn't sound like it's just powerful, he didn't say overpower he said Game Changing, how could a passive make the game play differently...

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would play the shit out of that

The thing is... it doesn't sound like it's just powerful, he didn't say overpower he said Game Changing, how could a passive make the game play differently...
    I would think that the passive would have something to do with deaths or kills of the character. Something like, each time you die to an enemy champion you receive X% AD/AP/Attack speed/whatever but receive 5% less gold overall. I think that forces players to think about the game completely different in the term of fighting and killing. An AD carry you purposely don't kill so he doesn't get super fed? Or that you only kill when it's absolutely necessary and beneficial (pushing objectives, etc)

10+ Year Old Account
    Aye it could be something like that Ed, it would be cool, but a little open to abuse :P. Imagine an ADC that intentionally zerged, because it made him stronger than farming and buying gear :S.

That WOULD turn the game upside down... Kinda.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aye it could be something like that Ed, it would be cool, but a little open to abuse :P. Imagine an ADC that intentionally zerged, because it made him stronger than farming and buying gear :S.

That WOULD turn the game upside down... Kinda.
    Yeah I definitely think it would be open to abuse, but that's where the stacking "earn less gold by % per death" thing would come into play. And then maybe you have a cap on the amount of bonus stats you can receive but the gold penalty continues to stack. And perhaps the killing blow must be dealt by an enemy champion as well. As far as a passive that flips LoL on it's head its the closest sort of idea I can come up with. It would be pretty damn unique.

I initially thought maybe it would be a stacking buff with kills but we already see that kind of effect from Rengar, and that doesn't really change that nature of the game (get as many kills as possible is a pretty universal goal) unless we're talkin about a support or something.

In any case it is quite intriguing.

It's probably passive that does actually play a huge role in the way champion is played, like Katarina's - she's all about getting the resets or Zac's health globes/revive.

Not something like Janna's 3% mov speed, it's nice to have, but doesn't change her game style.

Also they like to be overly excited about champions, remember how Morello (I think) said that Zyra's plants are 'something we've never seen in MOBAs before'? Yeah...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StNimrod View Post
    Also they like to be overly excited about champions, remember how Morello (I think) said that Zyra's plants are 'something we've never seen in MOBAs before'? Yeah...
    True and wasn't Jayce something like "the most exciting champion we've ever released". They are somewhat inclined towards hyperbole , it was probably something like draven's passive, increased gold the longer it's been between your champ kills so it rewards holding off between champion kills, not just "lol gotta get aalllllll the kills!!!".