Page 1 of 2
LastLast

School of Hard Knocks - Need Help

This is not a complaint thread. I am desperate and frustrated but not going to call it unfair. This is the last achievement of the last holiday meta that I need for the "What a Long, Strange Trip It's Been" achievement. And the only part left is to return a fallen flag in Warsong Gulch. I've tried begging the others in the group to let me cap our sides flag. I've tried begging the opposing team of showing mercy on a PvE player to get them to drop the flag. But nothing has worked.

I'm a squishy mage and even getting near the flag carrier is rough. And in the off chance I'm not rooted, feared, sapped, etc, and I am near the flag carrier when they are about to die, clicking on the flag in a mosh pit of other players is near impossible.

I'm at a loss as to what to do. I am not in a guild so I can't get 9 others to back off during the battleground.

Any tips on how I can complete this? I'm so close and yet it feels like I will never get this piece done.

but not going to call it unfair.
    Why? It IS unfair. It's a piss awful achieve that makes you do the exact opposite of what you should be doing (At least in EotS), pisses off the PvP players, the PvE players hate it, and in general all it does is make Children's Week a bloody miserable time for all parties involved. It's hands down the worst thought out achievement in the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's the only achievement I need as well for WALST, I'm not sure if it warrants the frustration and hair pulling, especially if at the end I may as well NOT get it. I may try it on an ungeared blood, but I've no idea about PVP.
    They should let the achievement in place, just remove it from the meta. It's ridiculous.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TyrantWave View Post
    Why? It IS unfair. It's a piss awful achieve that makes you do the exact opposite of what you should be doing (At least in EotS), pisses off the PvP players, the PvE players hate it, and in general all it does is make Children's Week a bloody miserable time for all parties involved. It's hands down the worst thought out achievement in the game.
    The best is in AV when it's not the bonus BG. Of the 40 people there at least 30 are only there to do the achievement, and there are 4 towers. The other faction, also trying to get the achievement, isn't going to cap back so the 4 chances are typically all you get. May the odds be ever in your favor.

Deleted
    I don't have any other tips than just right click spam over the FC when he's about to die.

I have done some WSGs since its at CTA and seen some teammates who don't understand the achievement and just desperately try to capture enemy flag, just hope you get some of those to enemy team and it should be easy. I'm not fastest guy to click on flag, yet I often am the one who returns it, so it's not that bad in my experience.

Yeah, I have been trying that. I wasn't quite sure what I am supposed to click. I was having trouble in clicking too fast in that I am clicking the dead players body and getting the loot window instead.

Deleted

yup, its a stupid achievement really, i got it on my pvp geared paladin, but i see a lot of pve guys joining the bgs just trying to do this, ruining the BG, should remove this one from the meta, add a different one if they want.

---------- Post added 2013-05-02 at 08:40 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    Yeah, I have been trying that. I wasn't quite sure what I am supposed to click. I was having trouble in clicking too fast in that I am clicking the dead players body and getting the loot window instead.

i was just spam clicking around the flag carrier when he was on low health :P took about 3 games

i find the hardest to do is cap a tower in AV, because paladins and dks can run faster they pretty much cap every tower :|

I was worried about AV and AB for that reason as well. I just figured everyone else would go for the closest targets and I would shoot for the furthest one out and bypass everyone else. Those two I got on the first try. EotS took two tries. Warsong is past 20 at this point. I haven't done any dailies in three days. It's been non-stop WG from the time I get home from gym to the time I go to bed, and then from when I wake up until I go to work.

Just one stupid flag

stay in your flag room, kill whoever takes your flag, return it. 2 achievements in one move
    somebody call for d doctor?

Wish I could. I am freshly dinged 90 with poor gear and I don't pvp enough to take down the FC. And the flag carrier in most cases is a druid or paladin making this tough to do 1v1

10+ Year Old Account

Agreed. This achievement should be taken out of the game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Freia View Post
    Agreed. This achievement should be taken out of the game.
    No, it does not have to be removed from the game. They could just remove it from the META. That way the PVE players have no reason to join BG's

10+ Year Old Account
    Why they've not atleast removed it from the Meta and replaced it with another for the 3-4 years it's been around, is beyond me. If they can't remove it or change it out with another achieve, then why can't they simply fix up the requirements by allowing us to get credit as long as we're in range of the person assaulting/returning said flags.

---------- Post added 2013-05-03 at 08:08 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    And the only part left is to return a fallen flag in Warsong Gulch.
    Odd thing was, on the first WSG I participated in I returned the flag with ease and I had PvE gear on. It was the easiest one out of all the 4, personally I am having trouble trying to do AV and AB at this moment because it depends more on being lucky and not every BG is going to have both factions setting aside PvP to get the achievements done by capping and uncapping the flags.
    Last edited by NatePsy; 2013-05-02 at 10:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bobo333 View Post
    stay in your flag room, kill whoever takes your flag, return it. 2 achievements in one move
    You're assuming a person who barely or never PVPs has the gear/skills to do that.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

OH THANK BABY JEEBUS. I finally finished it tonight. The planets must have aligned because everything that needed to happen did. Good group of capable pvpers on our side. Not many people around the enemy flag carrier when it dropped and a flag carrier that didn't seem to have 20 million hit points.

Glad you got it resolved. Not sure if this will count as a necro but I wrote an in-depth post on how to got about SoHK on every class a couple years ago, just in case anyone else needs help. Completed it on all ten (at the time) classes, only two of which had any PvP gear. You need to use some common sense but I still believe that you don't need to have any substantial PvP experience to do it-- just the willingness to learn your actual objective and maximize your chances.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...9-Lengthy-post

AV was the worst of them all, competing with horde AND alliance is horrible. My tips for wsg and av are this. travel in a group and bring a healer. with av run to the very last tower and invis up its by far easier and theres two towers there.

---------- Post added 2013-05-03 at 04:20 AM ----------

AV was the worst of them all, competing with horde AND alliance is horrible. My tips for wsg and av are this. travel in a group and bring a healer. with av run to the very last tower and invis up its by far easier and theres two towers there.

We helped 2 people get their meta with this very easily yesterday. Making a small group REALLY helps.

We simply grouped up 5 people and queued. We camped the flag room waiting for people to come and pick up the flag and ganked them. 2 of us happened to be pala's so when the EFC was about to die we Hand of Protectioned any randoms around to prevent them clicking the flag. It was hilarious. I know its a bit gay but
    1) It helped a friend and
    2) Well, nerdrage can be funny as long as you dont make a habit of trolling your allies.

Same can be done in AV. A pala with a 2/3 person mount is generally faster than most other classes.

Deleted
    tobe deleted
    Last edited by mmoca5ba36b6e2; 2013-05-03 at 11:07 AM.

Yep, all you can do is camp your flag room and try to nuke down the enemy carrier as quickly as possible. I did this achievement on Monday. It took me eleven or twelve requeues to get it, maybe two hours or so. I didn't enjoy it one bit, which sucks, but it was doable.

I did it on a blood DK, which obviously is a huge difference in durability, although I have no PvP gear. I can see it taking a PvE mage twice as long doing it solo. If you get a friend or two to help out, you can get it in 2-3 requeues no problem.