Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Mmh, let's see.

Death Knight:

Quest Name: Path of Fordragon
    Other Quest Details: You'd interact with Alexstrasza and possibly acquire new information regarding the current Lich King and maybe the quest could drop hints regarding his future.
    Reward: You'd gain the Fordragon's Fire/Heart of Fire or (insert name here). It would make you look more like the current Lich King. Your Frost spells would be turned into Fire spells, your eyes would glow a fiery red and well, you would look a bit more "fiery".

Druid:

Quest Name: The Celestials' Chosen
    Other Quest Details: Could make the player perform tasks in Pandaria, possibly even interact with the August Celestials.
    Reward: You'd gain Celestial versions of your forms.

Mage

Quest Name: Antonidas' Teachings/ (insert name here)
    Other Quest Details: One idea could be that either Jaina Proudmoore or someone else (Horde players would interact with another important mage) asks you to recover some tomes that were lost during the siege of Dalaran. The player would be asked to go back in time during the siege and recover these tomes before they are destroyed and lost forever. (This would work pretty well for Alliance players. I'm not sure if it would fit the opposite faction though)
    Reward: Unique casting animations. They could simply be animations that include your weapon. Or as someone else has suggested the Brilliance Aura effect (like in WC3), although I'd like to see this in the form of a glyph.

Rogue

Quest Name: Art of Deceit/Agent of Death/A Rogue's Creed
    Other Quest Details: As someone else has said, the rogue would either interact with SI:7 and then visit Ravenholdt. There the player could receive contracts and the last stage would require the rogue to track down and assassinate a powerful figure, maybe in a place filled with traps and other nasty devices.
    Reward: I really don't know. Maybe poison dripping from weapons, as others have suggested. Maybe the rogue could become more dark and his abilities could have a more "shadowy" look. Or maybe a unique item set.

Warrior

Quest Name: Honour/Blood & Steel
    Other Quest Details:
    Reward: Race specific cosmetic changes. Orc Warriors would get banners (Like the Blademasters in WC3), Dwarves could get unique dwarven weapons (like the ones Muradin uses in WC3) or maybe a unique Battle Cry (would make them shout, "For Khaz Modan!", and trigger an animation), etc.

You've all come up with nice ideas. Keep it up! I might add more later.
    Last edited by Alexand3r; 2014-10-28 at 07:47 PM.
    [Fanfiction] Warcraft: Return of the Lich King: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-the-Lich-King

[Fanfiction] Overwatch: The Gentleman Thief: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...entleman-Thief

10+ Year Old Account
    for paladins i hope it would be a quest to make avenging wrath look like it does in the cinematic with yrel and blackhand. that would be fahkin awesome
    "Brace yourselves, Trolls are coming."
    Signature By: Mythriz

This is a tough one...the fel fire thing changes almost all spells (depending on spec) to a different color. I'm not even sure what the equivalent could be. Except just more color swapping, which wouldn't be that cool. The only thing I can think of off the top of my head has already been mentioned; flashier elemental effects for shamans. Even that isn't quite the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mages have a chance to burst into a form of true energy representing an Ethereals and color based on spec
    Thank god this game isn't just for Rym, we'd have a pretty shitty time - Me

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    For a Death Knight version I would love to see enhanced spell effects featuring more of a runic theme - glowing runes along weapons, floating embellishments to armor when using abilities (blue/white for Frost, purple/green for Unholy, and red/purple for Blood), and just generally more bling of war when using their abilities aside from colored slashes for each type of ability.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Deleted
    Paladins should get a Pegasus mount, and Mages should get a firey Phoenix mount.

Druids should be able to get fire versions of all of their forms.

10+ Year Old Account
    Green Fire basically changed the look of the Warlock spells. If your suggestions don't do something like that, it's not the same thing.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    My ideas were
    Warriors go on a awesome quest forging some sort of weapon based on what they love killing.
    Death knights can get different glowing eyes as they switch specialization, maybe something as well to do with shards of Frostmourne.
    Couldn't think of any other quest, but maybe for mages their quest involves them going into bloodrage after someone blows up their garrison.

Why are half the suggestions people are making for "xmog" items... simple class effect and a title.. is all a class quest should be... nothing more.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think the benediction thing makes much sense, as a lot of people arleady have that ;P
    You're a towel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would like dark shaman... purple lightning. Corrupted earth abilities. Yes

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Warrior "Butchery" Passive. Killing an enemy with either Execute or a critical strike from a special ability causes their target to explode in a fountain of blood and gore, leaving a pile of meat and bones in their wake. If the Warrior uses the /flex emote within 4 seconds of the kill, they instead drop a personal Skull Throne complete with their once lost Skull Banner and they sit upon it until they take another action or are forced into combat, where then it disintegrates into dust.

Rogue "Vile Toxins" Passive. Stuns employed on poisoned targeted cause the target to hallucinate wildly making them shout out questionable obscenities over the duration of the stun, possibly vomit, and/or make very strange gestures (combing multiple emotes, making them look hilarious over the course of the stun).

Priest "Magnificence" Passive. Whenever a critical effect is made by either healing or dealing direct shadow damage, the priest becomes an avatar of their celestial patron, increasing in size, gaining a large aura of light (holy/disc) or darkness (shadow), and Archangel/Dark Archangel wing effects remain visual during this effect. Lasts 10 seconds reapplication reset duration and doesn't stack with it.

Death Knight "Ghostly Presence" Activated. When the Death Knight is slain, their spirit may raise from their corpse and wander around, act, and speak for a brief duration. They may attack hostile targets, but do no damage and inflict no negative status. When raised, instead of being raised at the location of the caster they may raise at their current location instead.

Druid "Verdant Assimilation" Passive. Whenever the druid cast a healing spell, several flowers sprout underneath the druid's target. If the druid is slain, a small tree (specific models according to their specialization) grows in place of their corpse, it is then immune to fire.
    Last edited by Lady Dragonheart; 2014-10-28 at 08:40 PM.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    Paladins should get a Pegasus mount..
    Screw that, I always hated Pegasus like creatures. Its a Horse with wings, so what?

I'd rather have my paladin use the light to propel himself forward like a real badass would. So many uses for the light, but using it for kinetic motion is unheard of? Rediculous.

For the Paladin quest line, It would have to be a quest to change the coloration of the light. My preference? White/Blue effects, much like the Guardians from GW2, or even white light effects (insert "so pure it's racist!" jokes here ).

That and a title/ epic 2h holy weapon / shield, since that's pretty much a granted thing in most Holy Warrior tropes.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    Mage Reward Ideas:

-Ice Sheet Mount: similar to Iceman from The Fantastic Four. Move around on a sheet of ice, leaving behind icy trails akin to Ashes of A'lar's.

-Lich/Revenant Form: Transform into a Lich or Revenant (still retaining all the same abilities of your specialization).

-Raven perch: When sitting idle, a Raven flies over and perches on your shoulder/arm. A small nod to Medivh.

-Summon Volcano: Instead of a Fire Mage's Flamestrike erupting on the ground, a Volcano is summoned. Purely visual.

-Mirror Image Alteration: Frost Wyrms/Phoenixes/Arcane Orbs swoop down to aid the Mage, rather than the normal Mirror Image conjuration.

-Brilliance Aura: Instead of having to cast Arcane Intellect, the Mage emits a Brilliance aura just like the Archmage of Warcraft 3.

How would you go about earning one of these rewards?

Discover an Ata'mal Crystal lost to time on Draenor. Many quests requiring knowledge and skill of all 3 specializations. You truly have to be a Mage to earn this reward.
    Pretty cool, but you wouldn't be a mage if you were summoning frost wyrns or turning into a lich.
    Last edited by Friendlyimmolation; 2014-10-28 at 10:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Pretty cool, but you wouldn't be a mage if you were summoning frost wyrms or turning into a Lich.
    Well thanks! I mostly agree; although, many Liches were Mages before being turned as well as them historically having abilities such as Frostbolt, Frost Armor, Frost Nova, Blizzard, Arcane Blast etc. I suppose a decent alternative could be what someone suggested as them bursting into raw energy of whichever specialization they are.

Deleted
    I would kill for angel wings in the style of guardian spirit. They just look so awesome.

I'd love an epic questline and solo boss that would turn shadowform into holyform for priests. Basically turn all shadow spells into holy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    I'd love an epic questline and solo boss that would turn shadowform into holyform for priests. Basically turn all shadow spells into holy.
    That fundamentally changes the spec/class. Green Fire for warlocks didn't do that. It was cosmetic-only.

Paladin - holy fire effect for spells, charger mounts are now flyers
    DK - Sickly green Rune for weapons, Auras now have fog trail at meet with highlights of either red, blue, or green (think something like this
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

For Monks they're kind of screwed in that the expansion they were added in already features the beings they can draw power from.

What I'd like is to one day have them gain access to an alien version of it. Like when we're going after the Burning Legion and end up on a new planet to encounter [currently unnamed but inevitable indigenous people C] have extremely similar units to what Azerothian Monks and to unlock "new chi" that just changes the color schemes to something like red and purples.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."