Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Let's see if it is 50%. If so, I would be absolutely delighted.

It is about time PvP and PvE started to diverge, and changing abilities and gear to act differently in the two is fantastic.

I am sick of being nerfed in PvE because Rogues are OP in arena. I hope they separate out the two more and more so they can balance one without affecting the other.

Well, it's fine for me.

Subtlety rogues have too big bursts, but they should have also reduced it on other classes.

Quote Originally Posted by jtstormrage View Post
    Let's see if it is 50%. If so, I would be absolutely delighted.

It is about time PvP and PvE started to diverge, and changing abilities and gear to act differently in the two is fantastic.

I am sick of being nerfed in PvE because Rogues are OP in arena. I hope they separate out the two more and more so they can balance one without affecting the other.
    I totally agree with you here. I've been wondering this for a very long time now and am also delighted they're actually starting to separate abilities itself for pve and pvp purposes.

Now I just hope they manage to balance the classes out for pvp especially, even though I don't personally pvp at all.

edit: Do tooltips relfect these kinds of changes? As in stating 100% for mobs and 50% for players?

15+ Year Old Account
    this does seem to be a very big list of nerfs in one go for rogues =/

Deleted
    It is kind of needed. Rogues was buffed WAY to much in 5.2. but weird to 1 patch make then useless, then buff them to gods, and then slap them back down in the rabbit hole

the reason i stopped playing pvp was mop i didnt pvp even after 5.2 buffs now i dont have any intention to pvp again so tri spec is out of discussion again since i dont need a pvp spec anymore
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by broods View Post
    WOW! You must really be in denial....

Garrote and CS glyph nerfed.

Cloak and dagger is now a paltry 20 yard (huge nerf)

Find weakness lost 20% arp.
    There are very proper alternatives to the CS glyph, I can miss it like a toothace.

CaD nerf won't hit us hard.

Sky is not falling, stop crying.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Holo View Post
    There are very proper alternatives to the CS glyph, I can miss it like a toothace.

Sky is not falling, stop crying.
    This idiot was saying the same thing a week or two before MoP when it was quite obvious that the sky wasn't just falling in, but that it had already fallen and crushed everyone to death long before that. I think he does it to try and appear contrarian and perhaps wind people up in the process, but you just end up looking self-deluded. This combination of nerfs is bad, very bad, and in combination with the overall changes to the game it's looking like a nightmare scenario for Rogues, perhaps even worse than 5.0/5.1

So they really have it in or rogues.....

Where's the hunter nerfs
    Where's the Mage nerfs
    Where's the warlock nerfs....

G I wonder why rogues are the underpopulated class..

The key to these nerfs that makes them bad is that a Rogue is all burst. Outside of burst we are shit. Any fDK, Mage, Warrior, Lock, rPally, or Hunter is going to take a shit on any comp we are in due to the fact we lost that burst. cNd nerf will be bad, they need to add a 1 second movment speed buff with it. I'm ok with the ST nerf because it was really retarded idono how it made it live. The FW nerf pretty much will keep us from killing ANY plate. You can also say goodbye to any healer/rogue 2s as the burst will not be enough to land a kill onto any target. pVp power nerf and FW nerf will kill our burst and the sustained dmg will be laughable at best. You can control all you want, but if a plate just sits in your whole dance and doesn't die wtf are we doing?

The sky isn't falling true enough, but I'm glad I got a Mage and a few other 90s. Rogue will have to sit out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    Dumb change. I can't see why they couldn't just keep it at 70%.
    Maybe because Rogues are OP atm?

about time.
    plate wont flop like paper to rogues anymore.

hail holinka

Quote Originally Posted by solvexx View Post
    Maybe because Rogues are OP atm?
    The only op thing about rogue is st... There are so many other op classes out there as well... Honestly this will prob be the knife in the back to my rogue pvp days... Going to make it worse trying to do anything to plate...

Quote Originally Posted by Holo View Post
    Ehh, the talent being made useless kind of sucks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol @ all the rogues complaining, CS got nerfed back in Cata as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    The universe has so many galaxies that even the fucking plot to star wars has a statistical chance to have existed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarhym
    Ghostcrawler called me up last night and he was all like, "hi." And I was like "I'm...

Quote Originally Posted by Robles View Post
    Lol @ all the rogues complaining, CS got nerfed back in Cata as well.
    On the rogue forums, CS is cheap shot.

C-Smash or whatever has a ludicrous amount of uptime, and granted an entirely naked target to the warrior. That was dumb. FW grants burst phases, and 70% arp is quite different from 100% arp.

I hope they revert this PvP nerf and fix dance burst another way. Maybe the CnD thing will do that.

Step 1 reroll hunter Mage warlock... Profit

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vital View Post
    This idiot was saying the same thing a week or two before MoP when it was quite obvious that the sky wasn't just falling in, but that it had already fallen and crushed everyone to death long before that. I think he does it to try and appear contrarian and perhaps wind people up in the process, but you just end up looking self-deluded. This combination of nerfs is bad, very bad, and in combination with the overall changes to the game it's looking like a nightmare scenario for Rogues, perhaps even worse than 5.0/5.1
    Except that 5.0 rogue was fine. Save for some ridiculousely long cooldown timers on certain abilities.

10+ Year Old Account
    Drop the personal attacks, accusations of QQ, other-class attacks, and other posts that serve no purpose at all, please. That's both to visitors and long-term rogue forum posters.

I don't want to either close this or leave infractions lying around like candy. It's not a hobby, and this discussion has every right to continue.

ON TOPIC:

It is a little bizarre to see the vast buffs coming into this patch, and (equally?) vast nerfs coming out of it. I'll be interested to see if rogue 2.2k+ populations drops as low as it was previously.

Quote Originally Posted by Mugajak View Post
    It is a little bizarre to see the vast buffs coming into this patch, and (equally?) vast nerfs coming out of it. I'll be interested to see if rogue 2.2k+ populations drops as low as it was previously.
    With all the nerfs to rogues and buffs to warriors looks like they maybe switching places again.. But the lack of mage nerfs may keep both down lol.